Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: say what?!?!? 6th film?!?

Chasing Prey

Canada

say what?!?!? 6th film?!?

Today B-D reporter Mike Pereira sat down with legendary director George A. Romero to chat one-on-one about DIARY OF THE DEAD, which is Romero's first independent film in years. During the video interview (which you'll see in a week or two) he scooped us on the possibility of a sixth zombie film!

He tells us that IF the film is a success the Weinsteins will want him to write another one, which will begin directly after the conclusion to DIARY. Unfortunately you won't know what I'm talking about until you see the film, but it's a pretty cool finale that leaves our lead characters in a very uncomfortable and tight position.

Otherwise Romero explained that he doesn't really have any direct plans to go forth with the franchise right now and has other projects he'd rather be doing, like SEASON OF THE WITCH. So the fans will have a huge impact on when we might see more of the undead!

With a story mixing elements of "The Blair Witch Project" and the long-running "Dead" series, the film will follow a group of college students shooting a horror movie in the woods who stumble upon a real zombie uprising. When the onslaught begins, they seize the moment as any good film students would, capturing the undead in a "cinema verite" style that causes more than the usual production headaches.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...hmm, just making a sequel becuase the previous films were popular, thats often a sign of monetary sucess but not eactly good news for new grounds in filmmmaking.

Super Moderator

UK
    He had a direct sequel to Land in mind, but then that was off the cards...so I duno, if he can make a good film out of it, I don't really mind, but I wanna see Diary first before I'd even think about a direct-Diary-sequel.

It would be good if GAR could get in a different project, but something worthwhile...I duno about a Season of the Witch remake, although I'd rather have GAR remake it than anyone else - mind you, if GAR wants to remake one of his flicks, I'd totally like to see an updated Crazies - but ONLY from the man himself - anyone else can f*ck off away from The Crazies (I thought the film was kick ass)...but my point being, it'd be more apt for a remake than SOTW I'd personally think.

Anyway, bring on Diary...I wonder when us Brits get our grubby mits on it.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    He had a direct sequel to Land in mind, but then that was off the cards...so I duno, if he can make a good film out of it, I don't really mind, but I wanna see Diary first before I'd even think about a direct-Diary-sequel.

It would be good if GAR could get in a different project, but something worthwhile...I duno about a Season of the Witch remake, although I'd rather have GAR remake it than anyone else - mind you, if GAR wants to remake one of his flicks, I'd totally like to see an updated Crazies - but ONLY from the man himself - anyone else can f*ck off away from The Crazies (I thought the film was kick ass)...but my point being, it'd be more apt for a remake than SOTW I'd personally think.

Anyway, bring on Diary...I wonder when us Brits get our grubby mits on it.
    they've been hollerin about a crazies remake for about a year now. and george clooney's name keeps popping up

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    they've been hollerin about a crazies remake for about a year now. and george clooney's name keeps popping up
    I can see the POSTER now...

GEORGE CLOONEY GEORGE A. ROMERO
    from the director of Night of the Living Dead

The Crazies
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Good news, good news. Can only comment so much, because I was screening the original post for spoiler info.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I can see the POSTER now...

GEORGE CLOONEY GEORGE A. ROMERO
    from the director of Night of the Living Dead

The Crazies

LOL

he better have enough sense and courtesy to let romero be. i wouldnt mind him being in a romero film though since it would make an ass load of money and give romero more hollywood leverage. as of right now,no HUGE stars have been in his movies. almost like its taboo. like no one you know owns a spice girls album but they sold 15 million copies of one cd.

Super Moderator

UK
    Of course the sad thing is, the Crazies remake "in the works" (i.e. currently "long grass") has got fook all to do with the GAR-ster.

Hopefully it stays gone, the original is brilliant...I must watch it again sometime actually, it rocks, great visuals too.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Of course the sad thing is, the Crazies remake "in the works" (i.e. currently "long grass") has got fook all to do with the GAR-ster.

Hopefully it stays gone, the original is brilliant...I must watch it again sometime actually, it rocks, great visuals too.

if they ask him to direct the remake, expect it to be darker

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im i the only one that would have looked forward to that spin off series that follow events after land?

anyone?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im i the only one that would have looked forward to that spin off series that follow events after land?

anyone?
    I'd totally watch it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn straight *high 5's ala holden mcneil in jay and silent bob, including neck crack*

Undisclosed
    Ehh, a Season of the Witch remake? The original is definitely my least fave of GAR's movies, I bought the DVD just cuz I have to feed the hole, but I can't find any interest in this at all, nor can I see many other people having much interest in it either. If GAR wants to remake one of his own films, he should remake Day using his original script.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoftheDead View Post
    If GAR wants to remake one of his own films, he should remake Day using his original script.

Why do I always read about this? True, it's a bummer that we never got his original "Ben Hur with zombies in it", but the result that we do have is a damn fine film. It's also Romero's favorite so I seriously doubt he would consider remaking it. I for one hope that he doesn't...

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Why do I always read about this? True, it's a bummer that we never got his original "Ben Hur with zombies in it", but the result that we do have is a damn fine film. It's also Romero's favorite so I seriously doubt he would consider remaking it. I for one hope that he doesn't...
    Not to mention that LAND poached just about everything from that DAY script that didn't make it to the revised version.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.