Thread: V for Viscious

ViP

Undisclosed

Thumbs up V for Viscious

If you're at all musically inclined (or just down with the heavy), I felt like sharing my new Weapon of Mass Disruption. After the initial acquisition, it's endured 2 weeks of shop treatment and over $350 in modifications. I picked up the beast tonight.

Sir Evil is taking a break from pretend-moviemaking and rejoining the metal fold. Bringing the ruckus has been dormant since Circling The Bane took place in 2003. It begins with this. Behold ...

United States
    Nice... very nice.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

UK
    I've got the same musical talent as a slab of concrete (my worst ever grade in High School was in Music class too) ... but that's a purdy geetar you get thar *rubs thighs*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Details, man. Details.

Is a Gibson Flying V? It's hard to tell from the photos. Fill us in on what it is, the modifications, and what you normally play it through...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I've got the same musical talent as a slab of concrete (my worst ever grade in High School was in Music class too) ... but that's a purdy geetar you get thar *rubs thighs*
    was that a shooting stars referance?,lol.

and as for the guitar :swanky.

United States
    nice strap dude

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Details, man. Details.

Is a Gibson Flying V? It's hard to tell from the photos. Fill us in on what it is, the modifications, and what you normally play it through...
    • Dean VX
    • Basswood body
    • 24-3/4" scale
    • 1-11/16" nut width
    • Grover tuners ===> MOD: replaced by Grover Locking Tuners
    • Chrome hardware
    • Bolt-on construction
    • Maple neck
    • Rosewood fingerboard ===> MOD: Filed down frets and setup up in Drop C with low action
    • 22 frets
    • Dot markers
    • Tune-o-matic bridge
    • Zebra humbucker pickups ===> (fave) MOD: pickups replaced by 2 Seymour Duncan Dimebuckers

Besides an overall setup, I also had little things done like cleaning the pickup switch filing down the nut for heavier guage strings. Up until a year ago I was playing through my Peavey 5150 II, but have since sold that monster since I didn't think I'd ever be in a band again. Things have changed though, so I'm back in the market for a half-stack that'll let me melt faces with the beast.

Currently though, all I'm using is a Line 6 Spider with a POD 2.0 as a pre-amp. It's only appropriate for practice though ... definitely not gigging.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomOnYou
    dean, nice... i had a few, they were great
    It's my first Dean ... I'm liking it so far.
    Last edited by Cereval; 12-Apr-2006 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seymore Duncan pick ups....niiiice.

That's a damn nice axe you've got there, man.

About your pod.....do you know any bassists that use the BassPod? I've been considering buying the Pod rack, which means I will also have to buy the expensive foot board , but I'm not sure If I want to fork out the cash for it. I used the old Basspod(the bean-shaped box) on a few songs in a studio once and it was quite nice....

ViP

Undisclosed
    Seymore Duncan pick ups....niiiice.
    Yeah, the Dimebuckers are HOT ... I can't wait to rail them through a tube stack.

That's a damn nice axe you've got there, man

About your pod.....do you know any bassists that use the BassPod? I've been considering buying the Pod rack, which means I will also have to buy the expensive foot board , but I'm not sure If I want to fork out the cash for it. I used the old Basspod(the bean-shaped box) on a few songs in a studio once and it was quite nice....
    I use the old guitar version (bean-shaped). It's nice for direct recordings but I'd never use it as a stand-alone. As mentioned, I only use it with the Spider as a pre-amp to add some punch to the gain and tone. I've never played the Live XT (I think this is what you're talking about), but it looks pretty impressive. Although, for my live setup, I personally wouldn't have a use for the cab modeling and such that PODs have. Especially with the kind of music I play.

United States
    Do any of the guitarists here know how to play the blues?
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

ViP

United States
    Yes I play the blues, but I am not a fan really. My style is very much blues based, but what isn't?

Isle of Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    Yeah, the Dimebuckers are HOT ... I can't wait to rail them through a tube stack.

I use the old guitar version (bean-shaped). It's nice for direct recordings but I'd never use it as a stand-alone. As mentioned, I only use it with the Spider as a pre-amp to add some punch to the gain and tone. I've never played the Live XT (I think this is what you're talking about), but it looks pretty impressive. Although, for my live setup, I personally wouldn't have a use for the cab modeling and such that PODs have. Especially with the kind of music I play.

You playing anywhere anytime soon? Ive been going to a lot of "local" shows as of late, since a bunch of my buddies are in some metal bands. Fun as hell, local shows are I tells ya!