Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: why people like land of the dead

Undisclosed

why people like land of the dead

Now we all know that there are some that really dislike land of the dead. but there are alot of us that loved it. like me! If you enjoyed the movie tell me why.

For me it was great to see a romero zombie movie in theaters for once in my life. but of course that wasnt the reason why i liked the movie. I loved the Gore, the zombies, and cholos character. when he got bit it was really sad. I mean all he wanted to do was to move up to the good life. and the way foxy looked when cholo got bit was a look of loosing a friend.

ViP

Undisclosed
    I'm too lazy to copy and paste and reformat, so HERE's my answer ...

Super Moderator

UK
    Yep, I freakin' loved Land.

For me also, it was my first chance to see a GAR flick - and a GAR zombie flick (bonus!) - in the cinema. Saw it opening night here in the UK, September 23rd...then got it on DVD less than 3 weeks later from America, haha!

As for me, I love how it showed us the next step in the story - none of that "it's just started" crap we've seen TOO MANY TIMES. I love the music, the gore, the 'look' of the film...that whole vibe I was really into, the characters are both lovable but are also not fantastic human beings. It was great to see the next step in zombie evolution, it brought THOUGHT to the zombie genre again after too much Yawn04 stuff out there...many more reasons why I loved it, but flat out I just thought the movie was freakin' sweet.

United States
    For one, the gore - some of the gore scenes were the best I've seen in any flick (the zombie pulling guts from the vistims' mouth, CLASSIC - - face being ripped off of man, wonderful!)
    2nd - I've always loved the feel of any post apocalyptic setting in movies; seeing (mostly) empty city streets, wild "market/trading post" type areas of town where people barter goods. The raids outside of the "camp" for food, water and supplies ... and I LOVED the mental evolution of the Zombies..... GAR showed in Night how they were slowly learning or adapting (using rocks and sticks), in Dawn he showed how they would "follow" someone (Stephen zombie) and in Day there was Bub. I loved how in Land they (the zombies) were vindictive; and at the end, "moving on".
    I was quite pleased with Land of the Dead and have watched it at least a dozen times.

peace

Banned User

United States
    i like it because it makes me love my home city of Pittsburgh even more! as a matter of fact I am about to upload a photo of it to my profile. i liked it for it had great acting. I felt that it needed a more graphic zombie feast scene.

Super Moderator

UK
    Another thing about Land - the use of CGI - for the most part you don't notice the CGI, it's often used to just fill in blank gaps or for background stuff. But when I watched the little featurette on the DVD about the green screen stuff I couldn't believe how much had been added in digitally.

Sure, it would have been better to have more practical blood gushing rather than CGI - at least for 'hero' moments - background is okay - but the one that got me was when Riley and Charlie walk out from the subway/underground and onto the street - the entire shot was green screen and put in later, I couldn't believe it. Now Land shows how CGI SHOULD be used.

Of course, you can't make the likes of "Serenity" with subtle CGI, but I'm talking about smaller scale, 'real world' flicks.

United States
    hell I liked it for for if anything that fact that it was a GAR zombie film in the theaters, thats damn unusual.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Banned User

United States

Thumbs up I'll tell you why people like Land of the Dead...

Because they had to wait twenty years in order to see a new Romero zombie movie!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri0xin
    Because they had to wait twenty years in order to see a new Romero zombie movie!
    I think it would probably be the other way around. The reason that some people don't like "Land" is because they had to wait twenty years and during that time, they thought about what the next chapter should have been.

Then when Romero gave us his idea of the next chapter, they were mad because it wasn't what they had in mind.

That's the way it appears to me, anyway...

Super Moderator

UK
    And that's why folk shouldn't think about such things too much - or expect certain things - I've found many times, if you go in expecting something to be good, it'll only let you down.

Go in with excitement, but no expectations, and you'll do fine. I was just really chuffed that GAR had gotten a new flick out - and I was seeing my first GAR flick in cinemas...*damn that dancing Farley is hypnotising/sickening*...and so I had no expectations. I just sat there for the 90 minutes with my equally-excited mate and we just had the best time, so many "remember the bit" moments...*ahhh* I think I love "Land" more and more everytime I see it...and I loved it after my first time.

United States

actually

I loved it because it had something no other Romero movie ever had...A PLOT!

Australia
    Land for me was a great experience, as like so many other people it was the first GAR film I had the oppurtunity to view in the cinema.

What I loved most about the film was the cinematography. The visual look of the film was amazing and is the style I prefer.

The cgi was also impressive although at times it was painfully obvious.

Super Moderator

UK
    Riiiiiight.....

Canada
    I loved it...it's not the best (Day to me still has that title) but hell, I prefer it over Dawn. Remember, I'm a teenager. I like a hell of alot of action and believable effects, in that respect, Dawn couldn't hold my attention at all (I hated the blue green zombies and thought they were just silly as all hell) Land had that, and I know that ALOT of people are like me out there. In order for a film to capture and keep attention, it must first look good. Thats why I don't like Dawn so much anymore (night is watchable because it's in black and white and you don't notice the bright blood or the poor make-up as much) Honestly...I'll admit, I like Land because of the make-up, it's what caught and kept me interested, I mean the stuff they can do know is amazing. However, when a film can keep your attention you tend to look deeper into it, and more closely at the characters, which I did, and I liked em all. Blast me if you will for liking a film because of the make-up and effects (I mean, the way they used CGI was some of the best I've seen in a movie, cept for that priest zombie of course) but because of that, I was able to look at what else the film had to offer, and there is a hell of alot there.

Undisclosed
    In a word: Zombies.

But zombies alone aren't enough to ensure that I'll enjoy it. It has to get me thinking "What if..."

And LotD did that.