Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF Rhodes had survived

Banned User

Aaland

IF Rhodes had survived

how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green? He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead. this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub

United States
    ...would he have still been able to scream, "Choke on 'em!! CHOKE on 'EM!!!!!" in DayOTD?

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jka12002
    how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green? He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead. this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub
    Rhodes would have slit Kaufman's throat and he would have been running the Green!

United States
    that would be an interesting

i dont know what would be like

would he be a help or a hindrance to riley?
    or would he be one of kaufmans top stooges?

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, considering Rhodes was an idiot I'll have to take some serious time to consider this unlikely course of events.

I really don't see him surviving long anywhere after the world was over run. That being said, had he made it to Fiddler's Green or a similar enclave he could very easily run afoul of whoever controls the settlement and this would probably lead him to an untimely end, as people who can organize enclaves of relative safety in a world populated by the undead would probably be highly pragmatic, relatively intelligent, somewhat politically and socially astute, pose some level of danger to those who challenge them (whether in the way of a personal ability with weapons & combat, or in the form of henchmen) and would quite possibly have few moral compunctions when it comes to the idea of liquidating a loud mouthed coward cum troublemaker like Rhodes.

That'd be my best guess

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights
    I'll have to take some serious time to consider this unlikely course of events.
    Rather you than me

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, to be fair, on a Sunday my idea of a serious amount of time seems to be about 2 minutes (you know, I have to maximize the few tatters of the weekend still remaining to me).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned User

Aaland
    if rhodes returned in land, how do you think he would look like

Christmas Island
    Rhodes would've acquired a new set of buffoons to lapdog him, terrorize Fiddler's, and finally, surprise surprise, flush everything down the toilet while screaming for his eviscerated guts. Yaay zombies. The end.

United States
    what makes you think he could have survived? had he made it to the chopper, you really think they'd have let him on?

his only chance of survival, at best, would have been to go thru the mine like those 3 did, praying he could outrun anything he ran across, so's to save ammo.

then if he was able to make it up the ladder, he'd have to find transportation.

even then, the odds of him making it that far north are vague

United States
    rhodes was a dick, im glad he got killed, and im glad he wasn't in LOTD

United States
    how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green?
    Well, if he did manage to escape the rather graphic disembowelment and the underground bunker, that would have left him somewhere in South Florida (Ft. Myers) and quite a long way from the Green (Pittsburgh). It is unlikely that he would ever make it there.
    He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead.
    But if for some reason he did make it to the Green (which it is unlikely that he would go there, unless he was reading "Paradise Havens in a Post-Dead Apocalypse Magazine") I dont think he would be that great of a help to anyone. As several others have mentioned, he was a dick, power hunger, and aways down the road to insanity. I doubt Riley would want anything to do with him.
    this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub
    I dont think so, because if Rhodes made it to the Green, Bub would presumably still be wandering around aimlessly in the underground bunker, which is about 1,200 miles from the Green. Unless of course, he had some frequent flyer zombie miles saved up, maybe he could have took the red eye......

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    Well, if he did manage to escape the rather graphic disembowelment and the underground bunker, that would have left him somewhere in South Florida (Ft. Myers) and quite a long way from the Green (Pittsburgh). It is unlikely that he would ever make it there.But if for some reason he did make it to the Green (which it is unlikely that he would go there, unless he was reading "Paradise Havens in a Post-Dead Apocalypse Magazine") I dont think he would be that great of a help to anyone. As several others have mentioned, he was a dick, power hunger, and aways down the road to insanity. I doubt Riley would want anything to do with him. I dont think so, because if Rhodes made it to the Green, Bub would presumably still be wandering around aimlessly in the underground bunker, which is about 1,200 miles from the Green. Unless of course, he had some frequent flyer zombie miles saved up, maybe he could have took the red eye......
    Don't you mean dead eye?

United States
    Don't you mean dead eye?
    I wish I had! Excellent wording!

Undisclosed

Well since...

They are in two totally different worlds it wont happen. Rhodes is part of the greatest trilogy of all time where Riley was part of the 2000's cookie cutter zombie genre.