Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well... Just ordered "Cell"...

Administrator

England

Well... Just ordered "Cell"...

God knows when I'll have time to read it, but I like the idea of the story (the little I've heard of it) so what the hell!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    I am about 50 pages into it and I like what I have read so far.

I got him to sign it for me at a lecture last Sunday Night, as well as my Creepshow and The Dark Half laserdiscs.

United States
    My girlfriend loved it. I still need to get around to reading it. lol. I've been busy as hell lately...

Sounds great though. Romero should make the movie.

United States
    You'll either love it or hate it. I loved the first 100-or so pages, but it went downhill for me after that.

Isle of Man
    Im definately going to pick it up...as soon as I am done with his Dark Tower Series. I need to pick up book 5.

United States
    good read, but that ending....

I think someone left out a chapter or two, seriously

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    good read, but that ending....

I think someone left out a chapter or two, seriously
    Agreed.
    when I started reading it, I thought I was in for a rare treat from King.....then......................well, you know.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    God knows when I'll have time to read it, but I like the idea of the story (the little I've heard of it) so what the hell!
    This is why I bought the audio book version. I've been listening to it on my drives for the past week or so ... I'm on about chapter 21 and I'm loving it!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    This is why I bought the audio book version. I've been listening to it on my drives for the past week or so ... I'm on about chapter 21 and I'm loving it!
    There's an audio book version? Damn! I like audio books! Is it done well?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    I'm looking forward to it myself.

I wonder if it will have any links to the Dark Tower like most of his other books, considering the end of the DT series.

I doubt it though, he ain't going back to that as far as I know, so it will be interesting to read one of his stories without it tying into the DT Books.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    There's an audio book version? Damn! I like audio books! Is it done well?
    Read by Campbell Scott ... it's excellent.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'll definitely pick it up, but probably in a few months, as I just have too many books going right now. As far as endings go, I just don't expect any strong endgame scenarios from King in any of his books.

Isle of Man
    Yea, King is basically known as the King of horror fiction, and the King of lackluster endings...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by idsaluteyoubub
    Yea, King is basically known as the King of horror fiction, and the King of lackluster endings...
    What did you think of The Regulators and Desperation? I can't remember which came out first, they may have been released at the same time.....those were very nice reads.

Isle of Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    What did you think of The Regulators and Desperation? I can't remember which came out first, they may have been released at the same time.....those were very nice reads.
    I havent read those yet...and I think Desperation came first, but I may be wrong.

I wished I read those before the DT Series cause I hear you learn a bit more about the Series through those books. Same with Insomnia and one other...I forget what one..