Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if FOX news had existed throughout history...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

if FOX news had existed throughout history...

this might have been posted here some time ago but i am going to put it up again for folks that might have missed it- if it was ever posted here.

this is short slide show lampooning the FOX news network. my favorite is the MLK slide.

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show....page=1#gallery
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Too true.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. : (

Banned User

Undisclosed
    The real sad part is that this is an actual insight into the sick minds of liberals. Its evident that it was some sick minded liberal who took the time to think up and then make this satire. Kind of like all these race hoaxes by liberals who turn out to be doing it to themselves. Then everyone wonders who the REAL racists are.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    uh, it is mockery, a lampoon. lots of things get lampooned are they all the product of liberal conspiracies?

let's not get our panties in a twist over something i found on kontraband for goodness sake or over something posted in the lounge - it is supposed to be laid back in here.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I know its lampoon, thats why i called it satire. But satire usually says more about the person making up the satire than the target of the satire. Which was my point. No panty bunching here, just an observation.

Undisclosed
    Satire is strictly a literary genre, although it is found in the graphic and performing arts as well as the printed word. In satire, human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, or other methods, ideally with an intent to bring about improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humour in itself so much as an often quite angry attack on something the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

A very common, almost defining feature of satire is a strong vein of irony or sarcasm, but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. The essential point, however, is that "in satire, irony is militant"[2]. This "militant irony" (or sarcasm) often professes to approve the very things the satirist actually wishes to attack.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Thank you for posting a dictionary definition, have anything of your own to add to the discussion?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I know its lampoon, thats why i called it satire. But satire usually says more about the person making up the satire than the target of the satire. Which was my point. No panty bunching here, just an observation.
    *coughbullscough*

So what about Romero's satire?

United States
    Frickin' freedom haters...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    freedom haters lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm with ya, Khardis. I know these other terrorists and anti-americans don't understand, but Fox is the most objective news source we have. I wish people would stop picking on them!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm with ya, Khardis. I know these other terrorists and anti-americans don't understand, but Fox is the most objective news source we have. I wish people would stop picking on them!
    This ought to be good, go ahead and name ANY objective news organization. Specifically a US based one.

Undisclosed
    New Scientist magazine is pretty good....but thats based in the UK I believe....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    New Scientist magazine is pretty good....but thats based in the UK I believe....
    You know I am talking about news programs on television. Not magazines.

Undisclosed
    Sorry I misunderstood....you said news organization so I thought magazines might count...my bad