Thread: First the internet, now smoking?

Super Moderator

UK

First the internet, now smoking?

Two daft-as-can-possibly-be proposals from the gubment of late.

The first was the internet thing regarding downloading, which is technically unworkable and legally very dodgy indeed.

Now the gubment plans to demand smokers get a "SMOKING LICENSE" and a signature from their local quack to allow them to smoke.

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/awbb.htm#Fag_End_Britain

Now, I think smoking is rank-as-sh*t and certainly like being able to go into a pub and not come out with stinking clothes, stinking hair, stinging eyes, burning lungs and a horrible cough - but this, and their previous idea of banning smoking at the wheel of a car - is just retardation defined.

These bastards are OBSESSED with controlling the population, the nanny state has never been so looming.

And isn't it a bit odd that an economics guy is running a health initiative?

Plus - and unsurprisingly - it's unworkable. Doctors swamped with smokers having to ask permission to choke their lungs away, meanwhile people who are actually ill are collapsing and kicking buckets in the waiting room.

Somebody, please for the love of common sense, put this gubment down like Old Yeller.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    The time to revolt would have been when they came for your firearms. Now you're defenseless. X_X

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Didn't see you do that when the patriot act was signed...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    The time to revolt would have been when they came for your firearms. Now you're defenseless. X_X
    I would seriously be up for a revolt, just waiting for someone to start one lol.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I would seriously be up for a revolt, just waiting for someone to start one lol.

Ain't that the truth.

Down with Brown! Down with Brown!

United Kingdom
    For once, I actually agree with you 100% MZ! This proposal is completely ridiculous on every level. It has no redeeming features at all.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Undisclosed
    “You ban it for youth of today… the next generation will conquer that we have lost.”

Chasing Prey

Canada
    we had a perfect solution "smoking section" then they banned smoking in some places,i say all those businesses nation wide should sue the government for having to comply with something they did away with

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Now the gubment plans to demand smokers get a "SMOKING LICENSE" and a signature from their local quack to allow them to smoke.

exsqueeze me???

i hope this turns out to some crazy proposal that gets howled down by everyone with any sense. only a true and proper nutter could come up with something so heinous.

i don't smoke (cigarettes, ahem) but i don't care one wit if other adults do it.

What in the F*ck is going on over there? your govt. is startiing to make ours look almost rational and that is surely nothing to be proud of. the so-called labour party is really showing its true colors isn't it?

christ the song is right - the idiots really are taking over...

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    we had a perfect solution "smoking section" then they banned smoking in some places,i say all those businesses nation wide should sue the government for having to comply with something they did away with
    how is the fight against the smoking ban going in ohio? i haven't heard/seen much on that lately. have you?
    Last edited by Mike70; 17-Feb-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    exsqueeze me???

i hope this turns out to some crazy proposal that gets howled down by everyone with any sense. only a true and proper nutter could come up with something so heinous.

i don't smoke (cigarettes, ahem) but i don't care one wit if other adults do it.

What in the F*ck is going on over there? your govt. is startiing to make ours look almost rational and that is surely nothing to be proud of. the so-called labour party is really showing its true colors isn't it?

christ the song is right - the idiots really are taking over...

how is the fight against the smoking ban going in ohio? i haven't heard/seen much on that lately. have you?

its bad here, all restaurants complied with it and put up divider glass walls for smoking section. and then they banned smoking. which is horrible.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Didn't see you do that when the patriot act was signed...
    They didn't come for my guns yet. When they do, i'll probably be dead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats retarded. simple as.