Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Bionic Women' getting good reviews?

Administrator

England

'Bionic Women' getting good reviews?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    It was decent, but I thought Starbuck was annoying. I liked Journeyman better.

Banned User

United States
    I tend to go by the rule that a lot of pilot episodes are not nearly as good as the series will be itself. Pilots are always spent laying down basic plot lines of the series and introducing the main characters which can be a little boring. Saying that, the first episode actually wasn't to bad but it's gonna have to get better if it plans to stay on the air. I am adding this show to my weekly watch list for a while to see how it goes.

Undisclosed
    The best part was when the annoying bad robot referred to herself as "the original bionic woman".

Lame.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

capncnut
    Okay, but why Michelle Ryan? I know she's totally porkable but her acting was dire in EastEnders. I fail to see how her performance in anything would've landed her the bionic job.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Okay, but why Michelle Ryan? I know she's totally porkable but her acting was dire in EastEnders. I fail to see how her performance in anything would've landed her the bionic job.
    She left eastenders 2yrs ago... She's done other stuff since...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    She left eastenders 2yrs ago... She's done other stuff since...
    You mean her toenails, hair, several crunches and multiple pilates sessions?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    You mean her toenails, hair, several crunches and multiple pilates sessions?
    Like it... like it...

Administrator

England
    Well, as long as it improves I'm happy so far...

Didn't like...

- the rushed relationship - including baby - to explain him bionicing her
    - and Sarah Corvis is the worse assasin ever... Why not just just break Will's neck with her bare hands?
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, as long as it improves I'm happy so far...

Didn't like...

- the rushed relationship - including baby - to explain him bionicing her
    - and Sarah Corvis is the worse assasin ever... Why not just just break Will's neck with her bare hands?
    How about

the fact that the baby wasn't once mentioned after the operation, bad writing or editing

Do you guys get Journeyman over there? I'm digging that one so far.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    How about

the fact that the baby wasn't once mentioned after the operation, bad writing or editing

Do you guys get Journeyman over there? I'm digging that one so far.
    Indeed, is was rather poor writing... It's like the proverbial sex scene in a film to try and give characters 'depth', rather than just doing some decent writing...
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Well, the show dropped in ratings this week, so hopefully this show will be gone soon!

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by PJoseph View Post
    Well, the show dropped in ratings this week, so hopefully this show will be gone soon!

pJ
    Don't likey?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    cuaght a bit of this on youtube and thought it was pretty "meh" though the only u.s shows i seem to never miss nowadays is mythbusters, american chopper, the 4400, heroes and south park. I used to watch nothign but u.s shows but lately theres been nothing too special really and this, like the terminator series just hasnt been something really with that "wow i gotta watch" factor, though what other 70's sci-fi shows will be back next? the hulk?, get someone else to throw people and do a ferigno once a week then walk down a road to a piano tune?

United States

Bionic chicks ...

Neil are there more than one bionic woman in the series?
    I have not watched it so ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."