Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting thought.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

An interesting thought.

I had an interesting thought/idea about this one, what if they were to run into maybe one or two of the cops from Dawn, that were going onto their boat, looking for "any island"? And what would they be doing?

United States
    That's a great idea.I would love to see that in the movie.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Would be awesome to have Joe Pilato give a little cameo or something.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This reminds me of the days leading up to the release of Land. Of course the only minor nod that we got was Machete/Blades. Not really a connection to the original trilogy, but just a treat for fans.

I really don't expect Romero to go any further than that sort of simple nod. Personally, I think all the films are seperate. So a continuation with the same characters may cause a bit of a problem. As Doc Brown would say...

The encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe, Granted....that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized and limited to merely our own galaxy..

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Don't think it would cause that much of a problem myself. If pulled off thoughtfully.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmonkey2582 View Post
    That would be great! Damn...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    That would be awesome.I haven't seen Joe Pilato in any movies lately.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    A pilato cameo, if done well, could be a jump out of my seat and applaud moment.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This reminds me of the days leading up to the release of Land. Of course the only minor nod that we got was Machete/Blades. Not really a connection to the original trilogy, but just a treat for fans.

I really don't expect Romero to go any further than that sort of simple nod. Personally, I think all the films are seperate. So a continuation with the same characters may cause a bit of a problem. As Doc Brown would say...
    According the commentary on the Land DVD, the only reason Romero was unable to include more characters from past Dead movies, was the fact that the Canadian government's tax cuts for filmmakers was only available to productions featuring more than 80% (-ish) Canadian-national actors and crew. He wanted to have Savini play the part of Foxy and have him kill the Zombie Blades as a gag, and there was talk that he might bring back Fran and/or Peter living in the ruins of the Golden Triangle, but that would have pushed the percentage of American actors over the limit and they would have lost their tax break.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    According the commentary on the Land DVD, the only reason Romero was unable to include more characters from past Dead movies, was the fact that the Canadian government's tax cuts for filmmakers was only available to productions featuring more than 80% (-ish) Canadian-national actors and crew. He wanted to have Savini play the part of Foxy and have him kill the Zombie Blades as a gag, and there was talk that he might bring back Fran and/or Peter living in the ruins of the Golden Triangle, but that would have pushed the percentage of American actors over the limit and they would have lost their tax break.
    It's been a while since I've listened to the Land commentary, so I don't remember that. Personally, I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I think bringing in past characters for more prominent roles is a bad idea.

As for Pilato....it would be cool to have him in there as another minor character like Dawn. Maybe some passing Rhodes dialogue in the background.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Nah I was figuring a cameo of the small character he had in Dawn, using Rhodes dialog would probablly confuse things.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nah I was figuring a cameo of the small character he had in Dawn, using Rhodes dialog would probablly confuse things.
    That's why I said passing dialogue. Something said in the background that has nothing to do with the plot or main characters. Just something for the fans if they pick up on it.

Say we see him for a few seconds in the background and as he walks away he mumbles something like "I don't want them to do anything but drop over". Just something small in the background that doesn't matter. Kinda like Blades/Machette's quick cameo in Land. If you weren't familiar with the past films, you wouldn't ever question why he came into frame...

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    If you want to do that, you could have his friend still asking for a cigarette. lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you want to do that, you could have his friend still asking for a cigarette. lol

That guy's look after the "Straight up" line always cracks me up. I would definitely have that as an avatar if I knew how to get it.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I'd get a kick out of him and pilato in a cameo. lol