Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will someone PLEASE stop 'The Asylum'...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    C. Thomas Howell was a major star and a well-respected actor in the mid-to-late 1980s. Unfortunately, he seems to have settled into an easy life of 9-to-5 acting, doing about a movie a month for these low-budget Hollywood knock-off studios, who probably let him phone in his performances from his L.A. apartment just so they can use his name on the cover of the DVD.

He was pretty good in the movie about the Hillside Stranglers that came out about five years back, but that was the last decent film he did.
    He is what is called a working actor...I respect the guys that do this sort of stuff...the folks on Sci-Fi movies and such. It makes me puke to hear people talk about their art...or hear stories of how daniel day lewis was carried onto the set for his role in one left foot. I like the people who are just that...PEOPLE. Its a job and they treat it as such...and make a good buck doing it. could be worse, he could be doing info-mercials.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    He is what is called a working actor...I respect the guys that do this sort of stuff...the folks on Sci-Fi movies and such. It makes me puke to hear people talk about their art...or hear stories of how daniel day lewis was carried onto the set for his role in one left foot. I like the people who are just that...PEOPLE. Its a job and they treat it as such...and make a good buck doing it. could be worse, he could be doing info-mercials.
    I know what you mean, I just think it's a shame that his career has fallen when he really is a good actor and could potentially be doing a lot better for himself.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, Hillside Strangler - with Howell in it - was decent, if exploitational. Better than the absolutely garbage other version which followed a couple of years later - kind of like going from Ed Gein with Railsback to Ed Gein with Kane Hodder.

Also, he was in a couple of episodes of 24 Season 5 - when they were locked down in CTU when the nerve gas got released - he was playing Elisha Cuthbert's creepy older boyfriend, whom Jack didn't take kindly to.