Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: road to fiddlers green

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    There's a game based on land of the dead?
    Yeah, a crummy FPS made by Atari for PC and Xbox. It had a very limited release in Europe.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah, a crummy FPS made by Atari for PC and Xbox. It had a very limited release in Europe.
    And it wasn't even based on Land originally - it was gonna be called "Day of the Zombie" if I'm not mistaken, but then Land came along and Universal said "heey, vidja-gaeme-ty-inn!11!1!!!!", and it was fiddled around to be a little bit Land of the Dead.

Although I think the story is deliberately early in an outbreak, so you get to Fiddler's Green long before the events of the movie take place, I think that's what they did with it ... although it doesn't necessarily stick to that either, because FG gets attacked by zombies that can figure out a sledgehammer against a concrete wall ... so it doesn't really make any sense at all.

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    If anyone still plays the PC version, PM me. I play ever so often. Would be fun to team up.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

United States
    Surprised this hasn't shown up on STEAM
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 11-Feb-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

ViP

United States
    I still play the PC version from time to time, usually hosting a game of my own in the mall and day maps. For whatever reason, no one is ever hosting those and those are basically the reason the game is worth owning.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    The mods for this game are legendary. Better AI and insanely killer maps for Monroeville Mall and Day of the Dead caverns.
    Just in case people aren't aware, I made one of the main AI mods and the first Day map for the game. The one with the lift that comes down and the zombie pen. I made the Infection mod - where one bite and you become infected and slowly die. Headshot only mod - no more shooting the foot. I also made the Last Man Standing mod - the one where you can play as a zombie.

Btw- the game was made by Groove Games and Brainbox, not Atari. Atari is only associated with it because they support the UT2003 engine.

To the earlier posts - the game was gash when it came out. And in a large part still is compared to the $60 games. But it's a fun romp for a true GAR fan, if only to see the levels taken from the movies.

The game is having a mini-revival as some more mappers showed up to the table and the support for the master server (matchmaking server) became fan supported.
    Last edited by Trin; 15-Feb-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

ViP

United States
    Hmm, a revival. I need to fire up the ol' game again.