Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: road to fiddlers green

Undisclosed

road to fiddlers green

simple question guys , is this game worth buying for my p.c, i played the demo and was quite impressed, but is it worth the money ??

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    simple question guys , is this game worth buying for my p.c, i played the demo and was quite impressed, but is it worth the money ??
    Three words. HELL ****ING NO!!!!! Thank god you came here first. It would have been the worst mistake of your life. Here read this.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/la...summary;review

After reading that, if you still want to buy it, God bless you.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    simple question guys , is this game worth buying for my p.c, i played the demo and was quite impressed, but is it worth the money??
    Stay away from it. Road To Fiddler's Green has to be one of the worst games I have ever played in my entire life, seriously it's up there with Bruce Lee: Quest Of The Dragon. If you want it for GAR collection purposes then fine, knock yerself out but to play it? As Darth says, "HELL F**KING NO!!!"
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-May-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    The game itself is pretty crap, there's moments of niceness, but over all it's cack, I played it once through and that's it - what is nifty though, is the modding community, who have produced some rockin' maps for it, far better than the actual game itself.

UndeadGames - the folk who post there have done some rockin' stuff, I even did a little promo video of a Day of the Dead map by Trin.

United States
    so basicly good level layouts?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Ugh I hate when people say do not buy the game who have only played the stock game with no mods.

Get the game! It is amazing especially multiplayer. Trin is working on a mod called LMS which he has a server up for now where you try and survive to be the last person alive. If you die you become a zombie and chase around the survivors. He also intorduced the infection mod where if a zombie hits you you are infected and slowly lose health until you die.

Tons of weapons have been added, from MP5's to Machete's. New characters have been added, pretty much every zombie movie has at least 1 level created for it, includng a resident evil map where the red Licker guys are even in it chasing you down.

There are 2 total conversion mods in the works currently which add a ton to the game, heres a link to the interview I did with one mod team recently http://www.undeadgames.com/?action=news&story=120

They are working on getting vehicles into the game as well. There are so many people who cannot even find the game now who desperatly want it so if you see it I would get it immediatly.

Come on over to Undeadgames.com and ask if you should get LOTD:RTFG and you will get a much different response than you got here. Out of the box the game sucks horribly but with the mods (which auto download from the servers when you connect) it is awesome. There are always servers up including mine which I run 24/7 and all the servers are pretty much always full.

United States
    ^^ thats actually cool

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    ^^ thats actually cool
    The blow job guy has spoken !!

Super Moderator

UK
    LOTD: RTFG is definitely worth it for the modifications, that's what makes the game worthwhile, blows the single player out of the water.

United States

The trailer is on the Land dvd...

Yes, the trailer looks good and if the mods are worth it on the pc, I wanna get some headshots!

Braces for my 11 year old versus Stalker & HL 2 , Xbox360= My daughters braces first. Anyone with a brain stem knows that.
    Being accountable can make this stuff take a back burner.

I am sad that they messed up "Road to Fiddlers Grack" so poorly thought out.
    It really could've done justice to GAR, but went limp.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    It really could've done justice to GAR, but went limp.

I'm not touching that one.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well the thing with RTFG is that it was "Day of the Zombie" initially, had absolutely nothing to do with Land...but then it was changed mid-way through to become a Land tie-in game...also, it was a budget title, so you're not going to be getting a lot of snazz for your dollah.

As I've said before though, a fairly naff game like RTFG has a whole world of excellent modding opportunities that really bring it to life.

United States

Fiddling on the way to the green...

I might as well get for my Alienware...
    I still play "Unreal" its from 1999 & I still love it! If anybody hasnt found out, you press tilde~ and 'summon flakcannon' or summon anything and it appears there...same w/ other characters...

Ill fiddle with it...Ahem.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    Check the bargain bin. You might find a PC or Xbox copy of Fiddler's Green cheap.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    lol. Good point. The bargain bin is usually the first place i look. Then comes the used games section.