Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Movie Mistakes...

Administrator

England

Great Movie Mistakes...

This is quite good fun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...wns_Episode_4/

Also note: @1:40 during the Hulk, the girl who in one angle has her mobile to her ear, and then doesn't...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This is quite good fun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...wns_Episode_4/

Also note: @1:40 during the Hulk, the girl who in one angle has her mobile to her ear, and then doesn't...
    the end of the john wayne movie "the green berets" the sun is setting over the pacific ocean...as seen from vietnam. alrighty then.

then there is the remake of house on haunted hill. the sun is rising over the pacific. i've been to california a zillion times and well, even when i've been tripping, i've never seen the sun rise in the west.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Someone explain how John Connor aged 11 years between 1984 and 1991?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Someone explain how John Connor aged 11 years between 1984 and 1991?
    I always wondered that myself, huge hole in the plot that!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I think the way fans get around it is by not talking about the year that T2 is set in - it's pretty nondescript on that front - but you gotta assume it's present day like the first one I guess...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I think the way fans get around it is by not talking about the year that T2 is set in - it's pretty nondescript on that front - but you gotta assume it's present day like the first one I guess...
    Yeah, considering John Connor is playing on an "Afterburner" arcade machine, its hard to hide the plot hole!

United States
    the way i get around that whole john connor's age thing is ignoring every film after the first one.

however, is there anything in the first that definitely dates it as 1984? and who's to say that they didn't have an old game cabinet in the arcade in T2?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the way i get around that whole john connor's age thing is ignoring every film after the first one.

however, is there anything in the first that definitely dates it as 1984? and who's to say that they didn't have an old game cabinet in the arcade in T2?
    Im pretty sure it states in the first one that its '84, and theres no escaping the historical giveaways of bubble perms & tie dye T-shirts

United States
    well, maybe everyone was behind on fashion trends in all the areas the story takes place in....or, like i said, you could just disregard every movie after the first since none even compare to how great that one was.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, maybe everyone was behind on fashion trends in all the areas the story takes place in....or, like i said, you could just disregard every movie after the first since none even compare to how great that one was.
    I think we've solved the issue

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can't see the video, but this is one I noticed this past weekend while watching Back to the Future in theater...

Another that springs to mind is in Batman Forever. When The Riddler and Two Face are entering Wayne Manor, they knock Alfred out at the door. He falls out, hits the floor, then uses his hand to push the food tray out of the way of the door. That one's always made me chuckle...
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Oct-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: ...

United States
    alfred's just that good of a servant, he can do that sort of shit in his sleep.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was going to make a thread about this next one actually:

In the project apartment where wooley goes "apeshit" He comes down a flight of stairs kicks the door down to his immediate left as he reaches the landing and blows a man's head clean off. ( the same that was supposed to be fran's in the alternate, original ending)

However, As roger is trying to subdue him, he discards him and kicks a door down at the end of a hallway. Peter blows him away in the doorway but there's a funny thing. The headless corpse (wearing the same shirt) is in the room where wooley get's shot, along with the ensuing chaos. But he supposedly got shot 3 doors down (great band by the way) didn't he?

Furthermore, rewind back to th blowing off off the head. You'll notice a lamp and a picture in the backround if you freeze it. As soon as he shoots his head off a woman screams bloody murder. But another funny thing. She's in the same shot and backround with the lamp and picture.

Just noticed that this passed weekend.

Last edited by darth los; 25-Oct-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Furthermore, rewind back to th blowing off off the head. You'll notice a lamp and a picture in the backround if you freeze it. As soon as he shoots his head off a woman screams bloody murder. But another funny thing. She's in the same shot and backround with the lamp and picture.
    Never noticed that, either. Makes sense though. Surely they couldn't have the extra in the shot where they were using a real shotgun?

Savini: "Just....DONT MOVE, okay? Trust me."

United States
    i realize that it was the 60's/70's when romero and his crew made night and dawn and they were probably all stoned to the bone quite a bit, but jesus, whoever was assigned to the task of "continuity" sure was fucking up big-time.

dawn of the dead probably has more bloopers/on-camera goofs/mistakes than any film in history.