Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Nicotero...

Administrator

England

Interview with Nicotero...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Wow, KNB are working on The Hills Have Eyes II. Sorry if I'm off topic but I sure hope this aint gonna be a remake of that pile of crap with the blind chick and that motorcycle team.

Super Moderator

UK
    It'll probably be partially a remake of that, but more of a new sequel to the new version of the film (which I really liked, I have the DVD too ... sadly Aja isn't involved in Hills 2 2007/8).

Undisclosed
    Great Interview Neil, awesome stuff !!
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    Great Interview Neil, awesome stuff !!
    Hey... Lee did it... Only involvement I've had thus far is getting someone onto the set...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    uhmmmm...good job.but...iīm am a little dissapointed with Nicotero:

Will there be CGI this time around too?

Listen, there's always a requirement for a mix. I've said for a while that we would be utilizing a mixture of puppets, prosthetics, and CGI. A lot of the CGI effects that were designed in "Land of the Dead" by myself, George, and the guys at Spin(visual efx company) worked really well. They didn't feel digital, they felt seamless. To do a zombie head shot and blow part of his head away or do a blood splatter against a wall, and be able to add that later, instead of shooting that for real...it just makes sense to have the guy react and add the blood spray later. The plan was to always do a lot of that.

In retrospect, looking back at "Land of the Dead", there were certain people who were not quite clear on that when we went into it. I always knew we would need a mix of that to pull those effects off and ultimately I thought they looked great. I thought "Land of the Dead' had a great feel to it and I thought the effects were great. I was really happy them.

WTF??? if they want tha we took diary like a "back to the roots" and "old school filmaking" they might be ashamed of the Land digital effects.are they gonna use it again???please no!!! these movies is for the fans?? donīt **** us with CGI please!!
    KNB is supposed to be the best gore effects company?? i donīt think so.the LAND headshots looks FAKE and dry.Donīd get me wrong i loved the movie but when i saw these "spray blood FX" i felt very very dissapointed.and if this DIARY itīs supposed tobe ultrarealistic,i donīt think the CGI blood can help to get that feeling.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    uhmmmm...good job.but...iīm am a little dissapointed with Nicotero:

Will there be CGI this time around too?

Listen, there's always a requirement for a mix. I've said for a while that we would be utilizing a mixture of puppets, prosthetics, and CGI. A lot of the CGI effects that were designed in "Land of the Dead" by myself, George, and the guys at Spin(visual efx company) worked really well. They didn't feel digital, they felt seamless. To do a zombie head shot and blow part of his head away or do a blood splatter against a wall, and be able to add that later, instead of shooting that for real...it just makes sense to have the guy react and add the blood spray later. The plan was to always do a lot of that.

In retrospect, looking back at "Land of the Dead", there were certain people who were not quite clear on that when we went into it. I always knew we would need a mix of that to pull those effects off and ultimately I thought they looked great. I thought "Land of the Dead' had a great feel to it and I thought the effects were great. I was really happy them.

WTF??? if they want tha we took diary like a "back to the roots" and "old school filmaking" they might be ashamed of the Land digital effects.are they gonna use it again???please no!!! these movies is for the fans?? donīt **** us with CGI please!!
    KNB is supposed to be the best gore effects company?? i donīt think so.the LAND headshots looks FAKE and dry.Donīd get me wrong i loved the movie but when i saw these "spray blood FX" i felt very very dissapointed.and if this DIARY itīs supposed tobe ultrarealistic,i donīt think the CGI blood can help to get that feeling.
    If CGI makes the scene better, then I'm OK with it...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, if CGI improves or polishes without being noticeable - then fine and dandy. That's how CGI should be used.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i think Land has great cgi in some moments,when itīs to fill together cuts,backgrounds,etc...but the cgi blood is unnecesary.i have seen this year 4 or 5 zombie films with better headshots.i think the zombie that attack to motown in Land has the chessiest headshot of the entire series and i wonder why because the HILL remake has a similar headshot far better made by the KNB....

capncnut
    I don't mind the odd bit of CGI as long as it's not used in Lucas amounts.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what like a whole movie shot with 4 people in a blue trailer, with another guy in a blue suit for 50 million extras?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I would like to see some CG tits. Bring 'em on!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I don't mind the odd bit of CGI as long as it's not used in Lucas amounts.
    To be honest I don't really care how much CGI there is, as long as (a) it's reasonable, (b) more importantly the script/story/acting is up to it...

For example, if part of the story requires 10,000 zombies wondering through a burning city, then I'm more than happy to see this done using CGI, even it's obvious CGI, as long as it progresses the story.
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

Aaland

Ok Neil.....

using cgi for thousands of zombies walking in the city is needed and I will agree with you there....totally!

But

The worst cgi that was ever used in my opinion in any of Romero's was "Land" when the priest zombie with his head hanging off the body just being connected by a strand of artery. It then lunges foward so this way it's head flies through the air from behind it's body to the front of it's body to make an attack bite???

WTF was that all about??? It was extremely comical and cheesey, did not come off well at all. That is cgi that I don't and never want to see in a Romero flick ever again!

Can anyone else think of any other bad cgi moments in George's Zombie epics? Thank god Romero doesn't like cgi too much either.