Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Zombie TV show coming...

Undisclosed

New Zombie TV show coming...

CBS:
    Pickup -- "Babylon Fields," an hourlong zombie-themed hour described by CBS as a "sardonic, apocalyptic American comedy-drama where the dead are rising and as a result, lives are regained, families restored and old wounds reopened." Gerald Cuesta and Michael Atkinson wrote the pilot and will serve as supervising producers. Michael Cuesta, who directed the pilot for "Dexter," will exec produce and helm via 20th Century Fox Television.
    Last edited by Phildogger; 04-Apr-2007 at 06:53 AM.
    "We Got this man, we got this by the ass!"

United States
    Just great. A whole new audience will be exposed to the 'zombie genre', and it will be a "comedy-drama". Then a bunch of newbies will come here and say how much better the Return series is compared to Romero.....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Sounds like the zombies are gonna be talking idiots ala RETURN OTLD.

If its in the same vein as Dead Like Me it may be OK as a series but by the sounds of it I seriously doubt its a worthy entry into the Zombie genre.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    An hour long themed zombie hour?!?! That sounds like an hour that would be a really fun hour to watch for the whole hour!

Seriously, though. Have a little faith, guys. Nobody complained about Shaun when it was coming out. Maybe this series will have the same charisma as that. If it does, I hope we get more than just a pilot.

Undisclosed
    Oh, god NO! This will try to be a combination of The Omega Man and Return of the Living Dead Part II, and it might not fail! Oh, kill me now!

The only way there could be a good zombie themed TV show is if HBO or Showtime did a mini-series based on The Walking Dead graphic novels. That would be cool, because they could do an episode for each volume.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down bullshiit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    An hour long themed zombie hour?!?! That sounds like an hour that would be a really fun hour to watch for the whole hour!

Seriously, though. Have a little faith, guys. Nobody complained about Shaun when it was coming out. Maybe this series will have the same charisma as that. If it does, I hope we get more than just a pilot.
    ya but if Shaun had been a flop you can hide or even ignore a bad movie,how the hell would you hide a television series?

"This shiiit is an insult to injury to all zombie genre fans"!!!
    "I hope it doesnt see the light of day"!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    ya but if Shaun had been a flop you can hide or even ignore a bad movie,how the hell would you hide a television series?

Cancel it?

United States
    It already sucks and you guys haven't even seen it yet?

You never cease to amaze.

One of the directors for Dexter is producing this. I don't know if you've seen Dexter, but it's one of the best shows I've seen since Arrested Development.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Undisclosed

Thumbs down jerk this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    It already sucks and you guys haven't even seen it yet?

You never cease to amaze.

One of the directors for Dexter is producing this. I don't know if you've seen Dexter, but it's one of the best shows I've seen since Arrested Development.
    Point exactly Dexter sucks and i still dont get why people are all hard over arrested development,if your a true zombie fan you can sense garbage a mile away!!!!

Example most of us sense bull**** just by the covers of "some" movies,thats just one example!!!

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    Point exactly Dexter sucks and i still dont get why people are all hard over arrested development,if your a true zombie fan you can sense garbage a mile away!!!!

Example most of us sense bull**** just by the covers of "some" movies,thats just one example!!!
    i dont really agree. in order to say something is ****ty you should at least give it a try and have an open mind about it. if you predetermine something to suck 99% of the time it will suck, since you have already told yourself that "this will suck, that sounds stupid, or any other negative crap you can think of. and what is wrong with maybe attracting new fans to the genre? if the genre dosnt attrack new fans it will eventually fade and be pushed over to the back burner.
    this is just my opinion.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    i dont really agree. in order to say something is ****ty you should at least give it a try and have an open mind about it. if you predetermine something to suck 99% of the time it will suck, since you have already told yourself that "this will suck, that sounds stupid, or any other negative crap you can think of. and what is wrong with maybe attracting new fans to the genre? if the genre dosnt attrack new fans it will eventually fade and be pushed over to the back burner.
    this is just my opinion.
    If the concept sucks, then 84.23% of the time the completed project will suck too. Scientifically proven. By me.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down wha?

"hey thanks 4 backing me up ash",some people are so touchy everyone has their own opions about the genre and that was mine!

real genre lovers know what i mean and everybody else can suck my asss!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildogger View Post
    CBS:
    Pickup -- "Babylon Fields," an hourlong zombie-themed hour described by CBS as a "sardonic, apocalyptic American comedy-drama where the dead are rising and as a result, lives are regained, families restored and old wounds reopened." Gerald Cuesta and Michael Atkinson wrote the pilot and will serve as supervising producers. Michael Cuesta, who directed the pilot for "Dexter," will exec produce and helm via 20th Century Fox Television.

Lives are regained?? Families restored??? what does that mean ...doesn't sound like ZOMBIES to me ... sounds like some hyped up 20 something pimply faced exec in a cheap pinstriped suit over at CBS saying ..."hey let's cash in on this 'zombie" thing that all the kids are getting into...but hey we'll put our own twist on it and say we created it ..." groovy .....

and this guy, Michael Cuesta only directed the pilot...I wasn't impressed with his skill as a director to say the least... Dexter is non impressive and doesn't hold enough charm or writing skill to keep my remote finger from clicking right on past it to Masters of Horror , or to my DVD collection for a few eps of "dead Like Me"

This tidbit of info just doesn't present enough detailed information to draw much attention from me ... give me a bit more in depth info that might open my mind to it ....
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    sounds like another one of those piec eof **** masters of horror episodes

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    Lives are regained?? Families restored??? what does that mean ...doesn't sound like ZOMBIES to me ... sounds like some hyped up 20 something pimply faced exec in a cheap pinstriped suit over at CBS saying ..."hey let's cash in on this 'zombie" thing ...
    Sounds like the end of War of the World and that equals CHEESY.
    BIg Chnace this will be another thin gto make us look stupid for digging Zombie films.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers