Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To me, 360, wii and ps3 fanboys are all the same

Canada
    I never had any problems with my ps2...of course, I bought mine two years after it was released. I've gotten pissed at losing to GTA san andreas in the mission where u fly that damnit remote control plane..so I took my ps2 out and dropped a 10 pound weight on it for about an hour straight from around 4 feet. It still works fine and that was a year ago almost I think.

The only problem i've had with it was the addictiveness of it...now, don't me started on the gc..I hated that damn thing and still do.

man was i pissed...kinda stupid almost destroying a 200 doller machine over one game lol

Canada
    the ps2 is awesome value, just bought vice stories on it. Ah how i loved vice city .

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    On a personal level, I will not buy another Sony console and it is hard to buy any Sony product after how I was treated when their defective product broke on me. I also do not recommend them to people who ask me because 2 people I know have had similar problems with Sony when their PS2s broke. I can only imagine how many problems the PS3 will develop as the months pass, if it is anything like its predecessors it will be loaded with problems that cause even more redesigns.
    Bang on there. What some people don't realise is that the 'haters' hate for a reason and not just to flame for the hell of it. I had nothing but problems with my P$2 and less than a year after I bought the console, it packed up permenantly. I paid over £400 quid for it on launch and had nothing to show for it. I tried to get customer support but because my funds were low at the time, I couldn't afford the £100 they wanted for it's repair. Yes, £100 the dirty rotten stinking thieves and for that reason I too shall never buy another $ony console!
    Last edited by capncnut; 29-Mar-2007 at 05:32 AM.

Undisclosed
    The only thing i have to say is the PS3 cooling system is the bottom half of the console, and it still overheats you could get a suntan off the damn thing.

I've been lucky so far, I got a first generation PS, PS2 and Xbox and they all lasted me into 5 years. Im praying my 360 (bought on the PS3 launch date ironically) will hold out just as well.

Mista_Mo, I'm assuming you mean the *drooling* fanboys are they are so eloquently put

United States
    Y'know, you guys could solve this problem all together if ya just bought a damn PC.

(sorry, you know I just had to go there.. Relax, I was just kidding! )

Actually, I own a 360, and the only reason I don't own a PS3 is because of the price. No other reason. For the price of a PS3, I could build the core of a killer PC rig, so I just don't see the need to buy a console for that price. Again, I'm biased because I enjoy PC gaming better than console, but, I digress.

Some people here have hit the nail on the head: doesn't matter what system it is, as long as the console runs good, is durable, and the games are a blast to play. If you get any enjoyment out of your console, there's no reason to bash the other. Just stand up proudly and say "I OWN A.....<insert console name here>" and leave it at that. Who cares about the others on the market? You've got what you want. Now, sit down, STFU, and play your games and have some fun.

I've owned a PS2 for a few years now, and I'm happy to say I've never had a lick of problems with it. Mine is one of the original "larger" PS2's, not the smaller compact one they introduced a few years back, and it's been a flawless machine for me. That's not to say I haven't heard the horror stories of breaking consoles and the woes of trying to have them repaired. If that happened to me, damn right i'd be biased against Sony or whoever the console manufacturer was.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 04-Apr-2007 at 03:03 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Good choice man. 10 new songs plus more downloadable ones on the way. Not to mention online leaderboards.
    Don't forget that the original Guitar Hero tracks will be available down the line to be downloaded in addition to the 10 Xbox 360 exclusive tracks.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

capncnut
    Game.
    Is.

BOUGHT!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

I've owned a PS2 for a few years now, and I'm happy to say I've never had a lick of problems with it. Mine is one of the original "larger" PS2's, not the smaller compact one they introduced a few years back, and it's been a flawless machine for me. That's not to say I haven't heard the horror stories of breaking consoles and the woes of trying to have them repaired. If that happened to me, damn right i'd be biased against Sony or whoever the console manufacturer was.
    And you know what, I never mentioned all the problems I had with the original Playstation. The first one broke for no apparent reason and my second system stopped working. I paid the $50 to get it fixed at the time because I didn't want to pay $150 to get a new one and then a few months later I recieved a letter in the mail about a class action lawsuit brought against Sony due to them knowing about the over heating problems and not fixing them.

So, I have multiple reasons for not liking Sony game consoles. The only problem is, there are so many great games on them (except the P$3 so far) that they are hard not to own. If only those developers would drop Sony and start putting the games out on the 360 or the Wii... oh wait, they are already doing that.

Oh yeah, on a final note, I got my NES in 1986 as a birthday present from my Grandfather. The thing still works almost 21 years later.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

capncnut
    Still got my old wooden Atari 2600, hasn't failed me yet. Even the leaflet inside says that they are designed to 'last many years'.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Still got my old wooden Atari 2600, hasn't failed me yet. Even the leaflet inside says that they are designed to 'last many years'.
    Mine broke....well....rather.... the output situation broke.....it still shows the games....but all snowy .....when I fiddle with the output I can sometimes get a good picture....but nothing long lasting....I need a good soldering iron

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    And you know what, I never mentioned all the problems I had with the original Playstation.
    My God, what are you doing to your poor gaming systems?!

I have to admit, I've been lucky with every gaming system I own. None of them have broke or given me sh*t thank goodness. Atari 2600, Sega Genesis (with the SegaCD unit - remember that piece or worthless sh*t?), Nintendo/NES, Xbox, PS, PS2, X360... guess i'm an anomaly in the universe.

Now where'd I put that four leaf clover...?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    so I took my ps2 out and dropped a 10 pound weight on it for about an hour straight from around 4 feet.
    ....do you see a psychiatrist by any chance?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    My God, what are you doing to your poor gaming systems?!

I have to admit, I've been lucky with every gaming system I own. None of them have broke or given me sh*t thank goodness. Atari 2600, Sega Genesis (with the SegaCD unit - remember that piece or worthless sh*t?), Nintendo/NES, Xbox, PS, PS2, X360... guess i'm an anomaly in the universe.

Now where'd I put that four leaf clover...?

Don't forget the 32X. *L* I am glad I didn't buy that piece of crap. By combining the Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X you will get a generic Saturn. Bullsh!t. Btw, they dropped the price of the PSP. It is now $169.99.

capncnut
    The worst I ever did as a teen was chuck the controller across the room or give the tv screen a slap. Never even dreamed of dropping weights on my game console, that serves no purpose whatsoever.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Don't forget the 32X. *L* I am glad I didn't buy that piece of crap.
    Me either. Once I got the SegaCD and realized it wasn't all that of an upgrade, I passed on the 32X.