Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Real GTA4 Trailer

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I hate repetition!
    So do I but believe it or not there are many people who haven't even played a GTA game before. Now they have a new engine, things are gonna change and even the seasoned player may not know what's in store. For that reason alone I'd say that the licences and the odd repetitive mission are guaranteed with this release. And it's only gonna get more difficult my friend.

Tail a helicopter, fly through the rings, parachute out, land on the bullseye and then shoot your plane down before it hits the ground... within 60 seconds... with nothing but a handgun!
    Last edited by capncnut; 08-Apr-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I still maintain that getting licenses should be a side option, like "have you been playing GTA for a while now, like millions of other people? If so, skip this old shiite and have some fun".

The actual mechanics of flying a plane or chopper around probably won't change...the plane will just look better.

Super Moderator

UK
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/gta-iv/mass...nyc-250521.php

hahaha!!! Take that NYC, now that's some poke-in-the-eye humour.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

That's great. I wonder how long until they're forced to take it down.

England
    Actually,and maybe im being dumb here,but calling it GTA4 means that vice city & san andreas arent actually part of the series then!so i suppose if it works like that then it makes sense to be set in liberty city again.Were GTA1 and 2 set around liberty city as well?i only played them round a friends,i never owned the PS1 versions

Super Moderator

UK
    GTA 1 through 4 are all Liberty City (and then there's Liberty City Stories - geez, what is it with that locale?!)

Vice City and San Andreas are set in the past, hence the subtitles, rather than roman numberals.

The comments on that site were funny - 'they're advertising roman numberals!'

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Actually,and maybe im being dumb here,but calling it GTA4 means that vice city & san andreas arent actually part of the series then!
    I think they are numbering GTA with every generation of console. I dont see why, including GTA: 1969, Yakuza Missions (there was a mission pack called that wasn't there?) and Liberty City Stories this is the <counts> 9th GTA game.
    Last edited by capncnut; 09-Apr-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    *ahem* There was Vice City Stories as well...

GTA1
    GTA: London 1969
    GTA: London 1961 (another expansion pack)
    GTA2
    GTA: III
    GTA: Vice City
    GTA: San Andreas
    GTA: Advance (Gameboy Advance version)
    GTA: Liberty City Stories
    GTA: Vice City Stories
    GTA:IV

So that's 11...if this Yakuza thing exists...which I've never heard of...it'd be 12 ... and it doesn't appear to exist.

capncnut
    I've read a lot of games magazines in my time so maybe it was a proposed mission pack thingy that never materialised. I dunno, I could swear there was something like that out at one time. Then again, what do I know? I thought that bloke from 'Allo 'Allo was dead for a good 10 years until I saw him on some BBC talk show. It was like seeing a ghost.

Oh yeah, I just found a demo of GTA2 on an old free Kerrang cd - OMG, it's unplayable! How the hell did we ever play this crap?
    Last edited by capncnut; 10-Apr-2007 at 12:21 PM.