Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Real GTA4 Trailer

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

The Real GTA4 Trailer

England
    If the in-game graphics really look as good as that,and it isnt a CGI mock up of how it might look,then im seriously going to crack one off to it when it comes out

UK
    I think that's in game footage

Kazakhstan
    yeah, its the same engine they used in rockstar table tennis. weird eh?
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    What do you mean 'the real trailer', that was posted online about a week ago?

That's what GTA4 is gonna look like ... no idea about gameplay though, nor many details ... just a few 'stroke-shots', so-to-speak.

I'm gonna get my mits on Saint's Row when I get a 360 as soon afterwards as possible to gimme a flavour of next-gen GTA style gameplay, and it'll plug the gap.

I was initially iffy about the trailer, but I was up early and tired at the time, I like it more now ... I still wish it was in the 1970s though...

So if this is the real trailer, as we knew from when it was released on the 30th, what's (and where is) the 'fake' trailer?

UK
    I didn't know it was posted a week ago,.... oops

sorry!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    I didn't know it was posted a week ago,.... oops

sorry!
    Silly billy.

You made me rush upstairs and get my laptop down so I could view the video! *grumble*

I googled up a forum with people saying something about a GTA4 trailer saying it was fake, something to do with a game called APB or something...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=161126

(Not the link I was on about, it was some PS3 forum I think...)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    apb?, thats an online game for the pc right?, all points bulletin, like gta but you play cops instead.

Super Moderator

UK
    No idea, anyway ... just read through the link I posted in my previous, erm, post and there were speculations about a sign saying "visit Vice City, $300" ... now it's probably just a sign, but that'd be pretty freakin' cool ... getting to return to Vice City, but in the modern day...it'd be pretty cool I think...the faded remnants of the 1980s, like the place was a real dump, but with delusions of 80s grandeur ...

...and that reminds me...if Kent Paul isn't back it'd be a CRIME!!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What do you mean 'the real trailer', that was posted online about a week ago?
    Beat me to it man. And I'm far from impressed with this.

...and that reminds me...if Kent Paul isn't back it'd be a CRIME!!!
    Word bitch . He should be the star of GTAIV man.

"Now take us back to Las Venturas, ya soppy c**t!"

Super Moderator

UK
    "Now take us back to Las Venturas, ya soppy c**t!"
    Perzactly!

I wasn't impressed to begin with, in fact I was flat-out pissed off ... but I was tired at the time, and then a few re-watches has softened me up. I look forward to seeing more rather than judging it on one trailer that doesn't give up anything ... a GTA version of Queens and Long Island and New Jersey and all that would be awesome, like a whole state - Liberty State or something...that'd be awesome, you can't really go smaller than San Andreas now can you? That'd be a step backwards...hopefully they've gone forwards and it'll be a huge game ... with none of those retarded missions ... and a decent story too...and some decent cars. San Andreas was lacking in that department, the designs were mostly sh*t and many of them didn't go well.

Also - SOUND EFFECTS. PROPER SOUND EFFECTS PLEASE!!! Most of the car noises in San Andreas were terrible, didn't sound like a car at all. And gun noises? The same ear-annoying batter-batter, more like someone making a sound error than a gunshot - PROPER, REALISTIC SOUND EFFECTS PLEASE!!!

Despite being a great franchise, there's always a somewhat underlying cheapness about the GTA games ... hopefully they've got shot of that, because it's not like they're hard up, this game is blatantly gonna sell like hot cakes, it's like the second coming or some bollocks.

capncnut
    hopefully they've gone forwards and it'll be a huge game... with none of those retarded missions... and a decent story too... and some decent cars.
    I can't help but feel that now they have a new engine that it's gonna give 'em the right to rehash most of the missions (and licences) from the original three games. I hope not 'cos if a.) I have to shoot those f**kers while trying to catch up with that train again or b.) have to repeat those sh**ty bollocky plane licences then it will go back to Gamestation the day it's bought.

Despite being a great franchise, there's always a somewhat underlying cheapness about the GTA games... hopefully they've got shot of that, because it's not like they're hard up, this game is blatantly gonna sell like hot cakes, it's like the second coming or some bollocks.
    Oh the GTA series is as cheap as a whore in the Dutch red light district. It makes fun of killing people, running old ladies over, thievin' cars and f**kin' ho's. They should sell the game with a free Kiss Me Quick hat and a Frankie Says t-shirt.

Super Moderator

UK
    I hope not 'cos if a.) I have to shoot those f**kers while trying to catch up with that train again or b.) have to repeat those sh**ty bollocky plane licences then it will go back to Gamestation the day it's bought.
    Damn straight on both those points.

Hopefully if they're 'changing the way it is' or whatever they said, hopefully that involves taking those terrible missions out, as well as anything remotely related to dancing or operating anything via remote control.

And flying licenses/driving licenses etc are SUPER DUPER AMAZINGLY LAME.

The player, by now, should know how to do all that sh*t.

Also, it'd be better if the character's main story was more realistic - so no need to fly planes, perhaps a chopper at a couple of points, but no more than that. Also, none of that men-in-black bullshiite. I want a protagonist who is normal and 'off the street', so they're not doing all the daft things CJ ended up doing.

There can be flying and all that, but it should be a matter of choice or a matter of an optional side mission. The main story should be kept simple and FUN...if at any point I'm screaming obscenities at the TV and throwing my dummy out the pram, then it's failed it's job of giving me cheap entertainment.

capncnut
    The player, by now, should know how to do all that sh*t.
    Doesn't work that way G, they HAVE to cater for the first time player I'm afraid.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Doesn't work that way G, they HAVE to cater for the first time player I'm afraid.
    But it's retarded, the vast majority of people playing GTA will no doubt be seasoned professionals at it by now, it's been around for years after all!

And if you are new to it, they should have an optional, or entirely separate, area to school you in it. But if you know how to fly from Vice City/San Andreas days - then you're snorted.

I hate repetition!