Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone believe in ghosts?

United States

Anyone believe in ghosts?

Just curious... I think this is another one of those 'if you believe no evidence is necessary and if you dont no proof could ever be enough' things...

I believe in ghosts... I think my moms house in Hudson, Ohio was haunted too... its a historic village style town and she had one of the older homes in town and the places scared the living crap out of me. Later I believed our cabin in Canada was haunted when I was making some food and a bottle of mustard moved across the counter towards me. I told my mom in both instances and she looked at me like I was crazy (which wasn't an odd look for her to give me per se) but eventually I think she came to think maybe it was too.

They say Charleston is deeply haunted possibly because of its sordid history and there's a ton of ghost tours and carriage tours but i've been on them all numerous times and feel and see nothing. A lot of people I used to work with all said they had personal experiences but hey who knows.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i do and i dont, i have read anythign i could find on the paranormal since i was about 4, loved ghost stories and halloween more than christmas, that said if someone shows me evidence i will do my damndest to try adn dsiprove it, that way if i cant explain it, adn most of the times if you think it over rationally you can then it really is somethign special.

United States
    you should of made a poll!

Kinda.

United States
    I believe in ghosts. I believe my house is haunted, I have seen a little girl on multiple occasions and my neice and nephews toys in the spare room can be heard being played with sometimes at night. It's pretty crazy.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

United States

i woulda

I dunno how to make a poll codes... my bad

So uh Jonas... when's the sleepover?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is it a given that if you believe in ghosts then you believe in god? I've heard many stories, my grandmother even says she saw jesus. I'd have to say no, but i'm an open minded person. If I was confronted with incontrovertable evidence i'd probably change my mind.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    ...If I was confronted with incontrovertable evidence i'd probably change my mind.
    Short answer NO
    Long answer..What you said

However,It would be pretty cool. But Alien Life would get me more stoked.
    I have had no experience with ghosts so it's easy for me to not believe.
    I have, not very long ago, had a bizarre telekinetic experience (like an ESP thing). I don't believe in that stuff, but yet, there it was. I experienced it and it was actually pretty terrifying. It made me doubt much of my ultra skepticism. I still haven't sorted out my feelings on it yet.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States

no way

There was a time in my life I didn't believe in God but I still believed in ghosts. I know that people say demons are fallen angels I believe but ... that's not the same thing as a ghost from what I gather. Beliving that there's some kind of life after death I dont think correlates to religon because its not hell and that sure can't be heaven.

why d'ya ask d-lo

I've never seen Jesus lol... I know some people say they see saints but as I recall I've only heard people seeing Jesus and his other half in tortillas and mold... hmmm oh but people who say they see Jesus also die and become saints... I think... damnit religon is a waste of time if I dont know this crud!
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 13-Jun-2007 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I definitely think that there are things in this world that can't be explained. I think that it's way more likely that aliens exist than ghosts. We can actually prove that there are other planets. No such claim can be made about ghosts and an etherial plane of existence. Ever notice that the same people that believe in ghosts are usually religious and therefore refuse to believe in extraterrestrial life?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i do and i dont, i have read anythign i could find on the paranormal since i was about 4, loved ghost stories and halloween more than christmas, that said if someone shows me evidence i will do my damndest to try adn dsiprove it, that way if i cant explain it, adn most of the times if you think it over rationally you can then it really is somethign special.
    hellsing have you watched that show "Ghost Hunters"? its on the scifi channel they try to debunk places that say that they are haunted. I like it myself because they don't give you a bunch of bunk Imo.
    I find the show very interesting, it is on wednesday nights if you are interested in watching.

Sorry MissJackson, I didn't answer your question whether I believe in ghosts or not...well,there are alot of unexplained things out there and I have had my own experience. After my own experience ya I do believe!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 13-Jun-2007 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States

whaaaaaaaaaaat

I've never known a religous person who believed in ghosts and not in aliens... of course I dont poll my fellow parishoners lol... I dont really relate the two as being similar but i'm religous and believe in ghosts and aliens so ha! But ghosts are evident in a lot of beliefs for instance the Kohran mentions them quite a bit. Dont ask me where because I dont know I can't read Sanskrit but that's what a doctor who has read the Kohran said to a woman who felt her home was haunted and said please dont think i'm crazy...

I'm the first person to be skeptical about ghosts and to debunk any claims if I find a place that says its haunted but that doesn't mean I dont believe in them. I dont but a whole lot of alien claims either but in both cases its because people can't be trusted to be sane or honest and at times people can benefit from falsifying claims but not always. If you know your homes haunted you're supposed to tell anyone who buys it beforehand of course which can lead to it never being sold (in one instance an entire cul de sac remains unsold due to an alleged haunting).

Of course my beliefs are strange because I also believe in yetis but not in the cubacabra! And I believe the megaladdon still exists but we never see it because of them being cannibleistic and all but I think they're still out there or else how do we keep finding their teeth? Hooya!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I've never known a religous person who believed in ghosts and not in aliens... of course I dont poll my fellow parishoners lol... I dont really relate the two as being similar but i'm religous and believe in ghosts and aliens so ha!

I say that because if you are a person who practices monotheisim, epecially christianity or catholosism, God created everything in the bible and that's it. No aliens. For millenia the church refused to recognize that the earth was not the center of the universe and they believe that we are the highest being god ever created. ( considering their belief in angels i find that highly debatable, they can do some very cool things you know)

United States

lol

Yeah but I just can't believe people being so archaic in their beliefs that they don't buy into ghosts or aliens or any combo of the two. Of course with that said there are a special many who believe in creationism and if that cooks their hotcakes thats spiffy. I just go to church because I feel its a positive influence but that doesn't mean i'm soaking up every word like its the spoken truth of the universe. But then again there's devout Catholics who believe so deeply in their religon they dont use condoms. There's mormons who dont drink soda. And Baptists who dont drink alcohol. But not drinking alcohol is against my religon =) I mean refusing the wine is just rude lol... which is funny thinking of it now because when I went to a born again church they gave me saltines and fruit punch and I felt so ripped off!

Where was I? Ahhh yes... i'm lost...

Aliens... ghosts... blood sucking goat killers... aint this world great? I dont know if i'd want it any other way. Its more fun like this =)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Yeah but I just can't believe people being so archaic in their beliefs that they don't buy into ghosts or aliens or any combo of the two. Of course with that said there are a special many who believe in creationism and if that cooks their hotcakes thats spiffy. I just go to church because I feel its a positive influence but that doesn't mean i'm soaking up every word like its the spoken truth of the universe. But then again there's devout Catholics who believe so deeply in their religon they dont use condoms. There's mormons who dont drink soda. And Baptists who dont drink alcohol. But not drinking alcohol is against my religon =) I mean refusing the wine is just rude lol... which is funny thinking of it now because when I went to a born again church they gave me saltines and fruit punch and I felt so ripped off!

Where was I? Ahhh yes... i'm lost...

Aliens... ghosts... blood sucking goat killers... aint this world great? I dont know if i'd want it any other way. Its more fun like this =)

What!?! No honorable mention for bigfoot, the loch ness monster or leprechauns!?! I'm shocked!!

Anyway, that's one of the things that turn me off to organized religion. If you don't accept wholeheartedly every line that they spew then your not a real part of the flock. That's such bullsh8t. Your not aloud to think outside the box, challenge any religious doctrines or have independant thoughts. They want sheep. Why do you think they call it a flock?

United States

its true

You can't think outside of the flock in some churches but mine is a more tolerant system of beliefs and its a progressive one. I mean who else can say they have a gay bishop =) Which I think is splendid but my family wanted to renounce their religon lol...

whats so funny is ...and here's where we span to a whole new topic... you can't think outside the flock in a lot of groups... think about it... the typical high school has your average cliques and god forbid you speak against your own kind or act/dress different from the rest? Why how would they recognise that you're with them? Thats how it is for girls of course I can't speak for the laddies...

then you take the average adult cricle of friends... not a lot of people are tolerant of others who have radical views that differ from the common majority and often will ostracize those who speak against the norm...

even take a family... I mean if you go against their wishes and what they deem is appropriate you risk being denied by your own blood relatives...

Its almost like our whole society is based on beliving in certain ideas and we all stick to it or else! And if you dont... you're gone! Like that! Poof! Ag-ra-bah! It reminds me of the remake Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Its all about being different. And i'm not talking the kind of different where people dye their hair black, wear clothes they find on the highway, stop washing their hair, and name themselves something special... because those people all look the same and have nothing vauable to say... but now i'm lost again...

I did forget about Nessie who btw lives in Canada during the off season hehe

And I think yetis I mentioned are related to bigfoot... they live in Bhutan...