Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty 4

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    There's not really been a full on, proper-proper-proper Vietnam FPS game before. The best out there is Battlefield: Vietnam, but it's not really single player minded and has no story.
    What about Vietcong?

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought it was crap personally. Didn't like it at all, didn't feel nice to play, meh...wasn't for me, but probably currently the best FPS-with-a-story Vietnam game out there.

But far from what could be the best, which would be Call of Duty: Vietnam...now that'd knock some socks off.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm waiting for this one to go down in price before I get it. I'm definitely going to get it, though...

Wait a tick.....Christmas is coming....
    *calls girlfriend to let her know about COD4*

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I'm waiting for this one to go down in price before I get it. I'm definitely going to get it, though...

Smart thinking; you can't wait for this one. I generally won't pay full price for games but this one is a must. Also, with it being such a big hit, I don't see the price dropping for quite some time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

circuit city has the game for $39.99 this week, at least here in the st. louis area.

sadly, my gf purchased this game for me the day before at best buy for $59.99, but due to their return policy, we got back 110% of the price difference...so that's pretty kick-a$$.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 04-Dec-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    This is definitely a game worth paying the full wedge for, I even got the limited collector's edition as well.

Just re-played the Pripyat mission again, bloody good stuff. My heart was in my mouth again and my palms were sweating buckets.

England
    I enjoyed vietcong,thought it was good for the time & it felt like a 'nam film with the music etc.Its one of those games you can only play through once though

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    COd4 is spectacular - I love it...so intense...the sniper level where you get chased by hundreds of enemies is simply amazing, so intense....I did it on heroic difficulty (whatever the second from hardest is) and it kept me playing for days....stunning....COD games are so intense, they really know how to create an atmosphere....unfortuanetly my xbox scratched the disk already...argh.

Love that game though, loved COD2 as well, amazing - but COD3 was a bit boring for me....still though I think what really makes this game is the sound, its not just effects laden like MOH, but every bullet, scream, shout and explosion is a direct result of what's happening in the game at that time, its so involving - reminds me of the first time I played MOH Frontline on the Ps2, the Omaha beach level....

I jsut realised how many times I said "so intense" in that post...
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 06-Dec-2007 at 02:58 PM.

United States
    pretty intense post there....

haven't messed with too much of the story-missions, been busy with the online deathmatches, territories, etc. can't seem to get on for less that ten minutes before i get game invites from my buddies.

gonna have to check this out sooner or later.

Super Moderator

UK
    The story is great I say, really intense...if I might say so...the previous COD games didn't have a story, and that was a failing - but now we have a story to link up the chaos and intensity, and in turn give it more meaning and more power.

And I still think the end of Act I is the best gaming moment I've had in, at the very least, recent months. Dude, play the story already!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Dude, play the story already!
    Dude, get XBOX Live, already!

Undisclosed
    Graphics are good and the guns have some real kick to it, Im still worming my way through the story campaign but my main focus is the online multiplayer since this weekend is double points. Hoo ha, just got the Desert Eagle oh motherfu*in yeah.

I agree with Mike, MZ you need to try the online multiplayer! The perk system works so well and can change the whole of the game, Ive had some properly intense moments with this game. Im a big fan of the claymore, theres nothing like finding a good perch and hearing youre claymore explode on the floor beneath you. Then the second claymore. Jus feels so good to watch three guys storm the room and spray em all down.

Although the perk where you drop a grenade when you die is a real whore, I wish people would turn it off. Its an easy way to level up.

Point of the ramble is the multiplayer is the best Ive played for FPS and Im a big fan of the online parts of CS,BF2,ETQW,HALO 2 and more. Tis truly awesome and I love the holding youre breath for sniping and lung capacity can be increased with a perk.
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Although the perk where you drop a grenade when you die is a real whore, I wish people would turn it off. Its an easy way to level up.
    I use that on a couple of my custom classes. I don't think it's cheap like a lot of people say; if you get blown up by a grenade dropped by someone you killed, then it's your fault for not paying more attention. I've learned to pretty much just stay away from bodies for a few seconds after killing them.

My favorite perk might be the one that lets you see enemy claymores. I've saved many team mates by yelling "STOP! CLAYMORE!" as they were running into a building.

This is the best FPS for team work that I've ever experienced. Everyone actually works together, unlike countless other online FPS' that I've played.

Undisclosed
    I see where you coming from and alot of people do argue for it like the double jumping in counter strike..Its been put in for a reason. The problem is I have that as you will know the games quite fast paced, so while youre waiting for the nade to go off you will get cut down so you need to keep moving. Usually I managed to avoid it but its just such a b*tch seeing four guys get taken down by someone who is already dead.

You mean the bombsquad tactic? How do you see them? Do they get highlighted through walls or something? Since Ive only been blown up by explosives a few times never bother to turn it on.

Yeah youre right the teamwork is a great perk. Opposed to most FPS where everyone kills whatever they find and screw the rest of the team this game actually works. Theres nothing like looking up from prone position into the face of an enemy and having a buddy unload into em.
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    You mean the bombsquad tactic? How do you see them? Do they get highlighted through walls or something? Since Ive only been blown up by explosives a few times never bother to turn it on.
    It creates this warning icon with a skull/crossbones in it that appears when you're within like 15-20 feet of enemy claymores. Pretty cool and useful.