Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: George, you need to call it Twilight...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yeah... that name really sucked, didn't it? I'd still watch it, though.

United States
    this looks worse to me than land or diary, from what i've seen so far. how about:

"Diminishing Returns of the Dead"

or

"Still Trying to re-capture the success and cult following of the orignal trilogy of the Dead"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How about, How to make a shitty zombie movie and pass it off as a masterpiece?

I am sorry, but this looks worse than LAND, and LAND was fucking bad IMHO. That trailer just wreaked of total shit. Poorly color corrected, shitty sound fx. it was obviously right off the AVID, and god awful.

That trailer is almost as bad as DAY of the DEAD 2.

Sorry, but I am sitting this one out. I like Diary, and to me the man went out on a high note, and that is that.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    How about, How to make a shitty zombie movie and pass it off as a masterpiece?

I am sorry, but this looks worse than LAND, and LAND was fucking bad IMHO. That trailer just wreaked of total shit. Poorly color corrected, shitty sound fx. it was obviously right off the AVID, and god awful.

Sorry, but I am sitting this one out. I like Diary, and to me the man went out on a high note, and that is that.
    See ya!
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States

Where does your sig come from Griff. . . that shit's hilarious.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States

Oh George

I agree with you that the trailer sucked and I nearly cried (nearly) but Diary the high note? I'm sorry sir but Land was a little bit better in my opinion not to mention the fact that it is the last of the true GAR flims. That gay cloverfield camera angle shit was (but I hope not) prolly a cop out the same way Quarantine did it.

But I'm not going to get in a this over that debate, I just hope the title is something that isn't stupid and twilight doesn't sound to bad but I don't know if T Adkins would like that. Plus like that fellow said up there I don't want GAR movies to be confused with that faggy vampire shit. Of the dead would be nice but original would be a major plus. Just don't make it island of the dead...super gay. Maybe instead of of the dead it could be "Dead (blank)" like how land was going to be dead reckoning. And last but not least I don't want to hear "how do you kill whats already dead?"
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Where does your sig come from Griff. . . that shit's hilarious.
    Shit. I can't remember! A forum somewhere, I'm sure. Me thinks english wasn't his first language...
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    That gay cloverfield camera angle shit was (but I hope not) prolly a cop out the same way Quarantine did it.
    GHAH! Diary was already in production before Cloverfield. [Rec] too (from which Quarantine was remade), Unfortunate that so many films had to come out so close together using the same technique.

United States
    i know twilight means night, but doesn't it also mean beginning? confusing title. also, gay vampire movie..

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree with you that the trailer sucked and I nearly cried (nearly) but Diary the high note? I'm sorry sir but Land was a little bit better in my opinion not to mention the fact that it is the last of the true GAR flims. That gay cloverfield camera angle shit was (but I hope not) prolly a cop out the same way Quarantine did it.

But I'm not going to get in a this over that debate, I just hope the title is something that isn't stupid and twilight doesn't sound to bad but I don't know if T Adkins would like that. Plus like that fellow said up there I don't want GAR movies to be confused with that faggy vampire shit. Of the dead would be nice but original would be a major plus. Just don't make it island of the dead...super gay. Maybe instead of of the dead it could be "Dead (blank)" like how land was going to be dead reckoning. And last but not least I don't want to hear "how do you kill whats already dead?"
    Oh No sir, LAND was th ebiggest turd ever. At least Diary felt like a zombie film. Land felt like some DTV nasty gone awry.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    That gay cloverfield camera angle
    faggy vampire shit.
    Just don't make it island of the dead...super gay.

United States
    Gay Gay Gay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Shit. I can't remember! A forum somewhere, I'm sure. Me thinks english wasn't his first language...
    Sad thing is Griff. . . english probably IS his first language.
    Last edited by clanglee; 17-Feb-2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    but...but whatever happened to chocolate man? he was doing what only chocolate man could. that's got to be important work.

ah, come on gary. day of the dead 2???? i really didn't like the look of that trailer either but goodness man, craptagium was... well, fuck for once words fail me. everyone enjoy the silence, it won't last long.

wait- it's already over.

cylon warrior says "look into my eye, gary and repeat after me: i love land of the dead, i love land of the dead, i love land of the dead.
    Last edited by Mike70; 17-Feb-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know that we criticize him alot but we probably won't fully appreciate GAR until he passes. Death tends to turn an artists mediocre offerings into classics.

He really is a great, irreplacable talent. I can't think of anyone else like him really. So how about we appreciate him now? C'mon guys he's an old man, cut him some slack, because without him what would the zombie genre be? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy shittier than it is now i'll tell you that much.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I know that we criticize him alot but we probably won't fully appreciate GAR until he passes. Death tends to turn an artists mediocre offerings into classics.

He really is a great, irreplacable talent. I can't think of anyone else like him really. So how about we appreciate him now? C'mon guys he's an old man, cut him some slack, because without him what would the zombie genre be? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy shittier than it is now i'll tell you that much.

nobody on these boards are gonna appreciate romero. its not like land and diary are horrible little movies. compare them to other recent zombie flicks. they're fucking magical. he could make gone with the wind with zombies and these douchebags would bitch. "its just not as good as dawn of the dead! wah!"

people on this board praise a piece of garbage like deadlands or zombie diaries. but land of the dead? oh! "thats just the most horrible piece of shit on the planet!" and diary? "fuck that shit! they're not even near a shopping mall!" no matter what, these people will bitch because they have nothing else better to do.