Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: George, you need to call it Twilight...

Undisclosed

George, you need to call it Twilight...

of the dead. No one will confuse it with gay vampire movies. Plus, it will push Diarrhea of the Dead off the map if you get back to naming them after times of the night and day.
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    of the dead. No one will confuse it with gay vampire movies. Plus, it will push Diarrhea of the Dead off the map if you get back to naming them after times of the night and day.
    Personally, I think that he should get away from the "of the dead" titles for the current one.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Just call it Gore and Politics. This accomplishes two things:

1. That's pretty much what his zombie movies are, so it's an appropriate description of what the viewer will be getting.

2. You can cash in on the fools that will blunder into the theater to see it, mistakenly expecting to see an Al Gore documentary, thus swelling the pockets.

Super Moderator

United States
    That would be a fine title, but I really hope he just runs with it. The product he put out last time was, in my opinion, so damaged that a great title would have been nothing but a let down.

I still hope he can pull off a decent flick and am happy he's still working on films.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Diarrhea of the Dead
    I refrain from using that name out of respect for GAR and the people here who actually like it (well, at least I don't think I've used it before ) But it is always funny to see.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 25-Dec-2008 at 03:05 AM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Shouldn't this all be under the "Play the Name Game" thread?

Anyway, I don't think this movie that should be called Twilight or Dusk of the Dead. I do think they are cool titles and in keeping with the atmosphere and naming conventions of the early movies, but if any movie in the series should have bourne this title then it should have been Land. It was the movie we were all waiting for, for all those years, casually referring to it as Twilight of the Dead. Not only that, it deals with life as the humans are trying to find a way of returning to stability, and ends with the hint of an uneasy truce between humans and the most dangerous factions of the undead; a hint at closure which would be suggested by the Dusk/Twilight title.

This movie, on the other hand, takes place near the start of the outbreak, around the time of Dawn of the Dead. It is not the twilight of anything, let alone the dead. I think they should call it Dead Mourning (a play on words between the "undead family members" plotline and Romero's traditional "time-of-day" naming convention - probably a little too twee to work, though) or maybe The Death of Death (a title Romero used in an unreleased short story, later a little-read comic book he did on spec, and finally for the film-within-a-film in Diary, but which I think is cool enough to warrant being the actual title to this one).

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Glasgow? boffo place, eh! anyhow, yeah, Good old GAR will probably surprise us all with the name... sumfink nobody here has said yet, but'll be just as wicked.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Twilight of the Dead is so seriously the worst title for a zombie movie EVER. There's a reason why Land wasn't called Twilight - it doesn't work!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Personally, I think that he should get away from the "of the dead" titles for the current one.
    I'm leaning toward this idea as well. There are only so many "of the dead" titles that could work, and seeing as how Romero doesn't branch out into other genres(which I really wish he would do), he's going to run out of options pretty soon.

So something new would be welcomed by me. But where's that Tarzan film? From a Buick 8? ANYTHING different?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm leaning toward this idea as well. There are only so many "of the dead" titles that could work, and seeing as how Romero doesn't branch out into other genres(which I really wish he would do), he's going to run out of options pretty soon.

So something new would be welcomed by me. But where's that Tarzan film? From a Buick 8? ANYTHING different?

The only exception that I am willing to entertain at this point is if he simply calls it "Of The Dead"

Of course, this will mean that he will have to stop using "of the dead" in future titles.

And I am with Bassman: Where the hell is that Tarzan film?
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I like "of the Dead" titles. Us old folks we like our traditions and nostalgia.

He should name it "Night of the Non-living Non-dead" and then pound us with message about how the humans aren't really living thier lives anymore.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Theres only so many times of day you can use, what about the one after this one? Half-past noon of the dead?

United States
    Frankly I like "of the dead" titles. It ties the films together, and it is tradition. I guess that makes me an old fart as well, or at least a traditionalist. There are only so many times of day I agree, but there are times of the year, or other measurements of time you could use.

There is something that is comforting about the familiar, and it is great as fans to see that. If he started that way, no need to end it another way in my opinion.

I do agree that land should have been called something else, it is just an opinion but I thought that a time measurement or a season, or a combination thereof would have been more appropriate.

PS...

bigmonkey2582 your signature makes me crazy. I have to constantly hide it from view at the office, not telling you what to do with your signature mind you I am just saying...

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I was almost thinking it was gonna be Dusk Of The Dead. /shrugs
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Well maybe if you go by the teaser poster, just maybe, the title is actually going to be simply "...of the Dead". Just a thought, I'd kinda dig it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well..... after calling Jason Creed's documentary "The Death of Death" there's no where to go but up.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"