Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: road to fiddlers green

United States
    is it really going for bargain bins?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    i wouldn't be surprised. It's doomed to the same fate as the film it seems.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised. It's doomed to the same fate as the film it seems.

I still love Land, t'was awesome.

Anyway, RTFG was a budget title, i.e. $20 shot, so you should find it fairly cheap somewhere, but I'd recommend the PC copy, because then you can download the modifications from UndeadGames.com, those mods are the best thing about the game, lots of fun.

Undisclosed
    thanks guys, bargain bin it is then

capncnut
    Hey Farty, that 'bargain bin' talk does not apply to us British folk, I'm afraid. The game was released to the UK in very limited quantities and because of it's prestigious 0 out of 10 rating in all the magazines, it didn't sell. Shortly after that Fiddler's Green was deleted and I have not seen it for sale (even 2nd hand) in my local GameStation since that happened. But hey, you might find one, somewhere.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Jun-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Or, dare I say it, on the t'internet...of course, we can't provide links here on the forum as VBB doesn't take kindly to that sort of thing, but that's where I got it from...you might find it there perhaps...I've no idea where my copy has gone to though, buried underneath the mountain of CD-Rs in my room I guess...but ach, I'm too addicted to Saints Row right now...

United States
    I really believe that any GAR fan would get their money's worth out of LOTD:RTFG.

As one of the main modders for LOTD my opinion is certainly biased, but I'll be the first to admit that the game as shipped earned its bad reputation. If it weren't for the modding potential this game would've lasted on my PC for about a week.

However, the modding community has brought so much to the table for this game, including:
    - Lots of new multiplayer invasion maps, includeing Night, Dawn, and Day maps
    - Infection mod and headshot-only zombies to better simulate the Romero universe
    - Tons of AI improvements
    - Last Man Standing mod to put you in the zombie role against your former friends and survivors
    - Dedicated Servers with fast downloads to make those maps and mods highly available and easy to get/play

We're in the process of implementing:
    - Multiplayer coop mission-style maps
    - Vehicles, including a fully working, drivable Dead Reckoning
    - New single-player adventures

We also have mods to simulate non-traditional zombie and zombie-like opponents, like running zombies from Dawn '04, the Infected from 28 Days Later, or the zombie-ish Vampires from I Am Legend.

But best of all, the LOTD modding community is a small community made up of GAR fans. We take zombies - especially GAR zombies - very seriously. We listen to what zombie fans want in their zombie mods and try to deliver.

So find a copy if you can. If you cannot please report that to support@groovegames.com. They need to know if there is interest in the game that is not being met.

And I still disliked Land - it needed modding.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The bare bones game is trash. But as you and mz have stated it's all about the mods. that being considered it sounds peretty awesome. Make me almost want to become a pc gamer.... almost.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I wouldn't say the TRTFG was trash. It's a budget title and you have to look at it as such. Removing the tacked on Land of the Dead references for a moment, this is a pretty decent budget title if a bit generic. It's certainly not Romero zombies but so what.

For $20 it's a good 3 or 4 hours of entertainment. The modding community is doing a pretty damn good job as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    is dead rising on the pc?, cus undead games would make a bitching dawn online game suing that engine i reckon'

i mean who hear wouldnt want to play a game like that on xbox live, invite a few other hpot guys into your mall and survive till help arrives, like diablo a differently layed out mall each time and you start at the base level each time, and you coule be a zombie , play through scenarios differently *drools*, hell the best mmo for us romero fans would be like "world of the dead" an mmo the size of warcraft set in real citys like san andreas in a zombie epidemic you could roam the land, barricading yourselves in at night to sruvive, granted thered be no major closure other than ebcomeing a zombie ,dying then restarting but it would be damn fun nonetheless, why games companys havent seen the potential is beyond me.

Undisclosed
    Damn Trin..Ive read alot of reviews on here around trashing the game but Im intrested in the mods and the headshots also a game where I can play a night,dawn and day scenario? : Sigh : To ebay I go Im sure Ive got a couple quid spare..
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    is dead rising on the pc?, cus undead games would make a bitching dawn online game suing that engine i reckon'
    That's the best idea I've heard today!!! How could anybody play that game and not think dawn of the dead? There's even a disclaimer at the begining of the game that says it doesn't have anything to do with romero's dawn. Yeah right. Why else would you put it there if you didn't think you'd be sued?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate I'd love it if there was a Dawn of the Dead mod for Dead Rising ... but alas it isn't on PC.

But aye, you play Dead Rising - you think Dawn - I'm gearing up for another viewing of Dawn soon as a result.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ah mate I'd love it if there was a Dawn of the Dead mod for Dead Rising ... but alas it isn't on PC.

But aye, you play Dead Rising - you think Dawn - I'm gearing up for another viewing of Dawn soon as a result.
    Like you needed an excuse. There's no mod right now but that could change. All it takes are fans of the movie take the initiative and get it done. Some body has to do it. I swear i would totally get a gaming pc if that came out. It's almost got me giddy.

Super Moderator

UK
    First step - Dead Rising on PC (highly doubtful right now), next step - Dawn mod - third step - HPOTD collectively spoodges.

ewwww...