Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italian zombie flicks

Undisclosed
    Zombie Lake was written by Jess Franco wh somehow got Jean Rollin of Les Raisins de la Mort fame to direct. Then Jess Franco turned around and remade his own film as Oasis of the Dead the same year.
    Both were deriative of Shock Waves and ended the underwater (oasis) Nazi zombie theme. Well, there was also that Night of the Zombies flick with Jamie Gillis although those Nazi zombies weren't underwater and had a tendancy to spontaneously turn into anatomical skeletons.

1981 was a good year...

Rowsdower... Zap Rowsdower!

"I sensed that with my hair. My hair's an elaborate network of nerves, constantly processing information."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Italian zombie films are great. My favorite is Nights of Terror AKA Burial Ground. The little Eddie Munster look-alike that bites his mother's nipple off is just downright creepy.

Another decent Italian zombie movie is Night of the Zombies. Listen to the soundtrack. It might sound familiar to you Dawn fans!

Dying

Undisclosed
    I don't like Italian zombies. They groan with their hands.

United States
    Wasn't able to eat popcorn for years after watching the pickup truck scene in 'The Gates of Hell' aka 'City of the Living Dead'.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse