Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leatherface jokes about Face Transplant Lady?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Don't mind the old fogies, if you were a regular then they would be right along with you.

Tbh she reminds me of the lady mask Arnie wears in Total Recall.

I don't know who that would be but I get my ass chewed off here all the time by the mods and I have the infractions to prove it. And as you guys know I'm hardly controversial.

But I don't see how you can equate the viewing of "canabalism" (which is a misnomer because as we all know canabalism implies an interspecies activity. These creatures cannot be considered human. They prey on humans, not on each other, that's the difference.) (where have I heard that before? lol) with making fun of those less fortunate than us.

But anyways.... making fun of someone for something they can't control such as a disfigurement or their mental capacity is really low class, imo.

Also, it makes no sense on two fronts:

1) Virtually everyone knows someone who falls in either one of those catagories

2) it could easily happen to you.

If either of these two things doesn't deter someone from engaging in that sort of behavior that that's not someone I want to associate myself with or someone who's going to last long on these boards. That goes for someone who has 13,000 posts as well 2.

Two cents ova.

Last edited by darth los; 07-May-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWisdom View Post

I really can't believe I'm getting this much static from alleged zombie fans over a silly Leatherface joke!
    now we're merely "alleged" zombie fans, friends and neighbors, because we don't find this guy funny.

Let's just SEE what boundaries lie here at the HPOTD, shall we?
    come on, this dude almost has to be a former member back for round 2. in all the eons i've been coming here there have been very, very few times where someone with 3 posts has announced that they wanted to "test the boundaries."

the betting window is now open, folks. how long until this guy has a line through his name?
    Last edited by Mike70; 07-May-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    now we're merely "alleged" zombie fans, friends and neighbors, because we don't find this guy funny.

come on, this dude almost has to be a former member back for round 2. in all the eons i've been coming here there have been very, very few times where someone with 3 posts has announced that they wanted to "test the boundaries."

the betting window is now open, folks. how long until this guy has a line through his name?
    Actually I've never been to this site before. Never heard of it. Found it in a random search for zombie info. Thought I'd join and see what others may have to say about zombies and horror in general. Boy was I wrong! This is nothing more than "The View" with zombies! very liberal. Very touchy feely! Obviously you people are waaaay too serious and politically correct for my tastes. And are unable to distinguish between a personal attack and a generalization to boot! Quick to condemn. Slow to understand. Knee-jerk reactionaries the lot! Enjoy your gossip of puppies and butterflies. You needn't worry of me "offending" anyone else here.

So since this is my last sentence ever typed on this site, do I win the bet? Don't bother answering. It's rhetorical and I'll never be back to read your response anyway.
    Last edited by DarkWisdom; 07-May-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Actually I've never been to this site before. Never heard of it. Found it in a random search for zombie info. Thought I join and see what other's may have to say about zombies and horror in general. Boy was I wrong! This is nothing more than "The View" with zombies! very liberal. Very touchy feely! Obviously you people are waaaay to serious and politically correct for my tastes. Enjoy your gossip of puppies and butterflies. I'm out of here!

So if you wanna discuss zombies by all means do so, we're waiting....

You wouldn't fit in here anyway dude. We have a nice community here precisely because we get rid of people like you.

So see ya, and I wouldn't wanna be ya.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    very liberal.
    50/50, but we tend to look past our differences. If you [are able to] stick around a bit, you'll see that.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    we tend to look past our differences.
    Looking past people's differences is for commie, welfare case cry babies who watch the View, voted for Obama and wear 'salmon' colored button down shirts on the weekends with their Gap brand khakis. Go drink a zima, hippie!

Whewwww, how was that for stereotyping?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "generalization"? How is making fun of the ONLY person in the world with a face transplant a generalization?

You don't have to be snappy and say you'll never come back. We would like to have you and any new members. We're just stating our opinion on your "topic". No need to be offended.

"last sentence". How many times have we heard that? Are you sure you're 37?

Chill out holmes. Enjoy the stay.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Actually I've never been to this site before. Never heard of it. Found it in a random search for zombie info. Thought I'd join and see what others may have to say about zombies and horror in general. Boy was I wrong! This is nothing more than "The View" with zombies! very liberal. Very touchy feely! Obviously you people are waaaay too serious and politically correct for my tastes. And are unable to distinguish between a personal attack and a generalization to boot! Quick to condemn. Slow to understand. Knee-jerk reactionaries the lot! Enjoy your gossip of puppies and butterflies. You needn't worry of me "offending" anyone else here.

So since this is my last sentence ever typed on this site, do I win the bet? Don't bother answering. It's rhetorical and I'll never be back to read your response anyway.
    oh no, he doesn't like us. however will we be able to carry on? darth, pass me a box of tissues because the tears are welling up, man, they are welling up.

4 posts and this yahoo is an expert on us. wow. hopefully, he does stick around, maybe we can all get a free analysis from him.
    Last edited by Mike70; 07-May-2009 at 09:26 PM.

United States
    good

thread closing in 5, 4, 3, 2....

United States

Aiii-yaaaa....another one of THESE? Really?!?!? Can we post a sign as you enter the site:

"You are not a precious & delicate snowflake. Your opinion doesn't count for shit. Neither does anyone else's, in the grand scheme of things. People are going to disagree with you from time to time. That's life. Get used to it."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Aiii-yaaaa....another one of THESE? Really?!?!? Can we post a sign as you enter the site:

"You are not a precious & delicate snowflake. Your opinion doesn't count for shit. Neither does anyone else's, in the grand scheme of things. People are going to disagree with you from time to time. That's life. Get used to it."

that sign should end with: "have a very pleasant day - the management."

United States

Yeah. . .

I've got an idea for a new game. . it's a Jump to Conclusions mat!! Get it? You put down the mat and you can jump to your conclusion.

In the new guy's defence tho. . being the sick puppy that I am. . I probably could indeed come up with some pretty horrible jokes. But then again I laugh at jokes about Helen Keller, The Challenger explosion, and even some Holocaust related jokes can elicit a reluctant chuckle from me. So some poor lady that I don't know, or have even ever heard of that had her face blown off. . . well. . . that's nothing compared to those other things really.
    Last edited by clanglee; 08-May-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    In the new guy's defence tho. . being the sick puppy that I am. . I probably could indeed come up with some pretty horrible jokes. But then again I laugh at jokes about Helen Keller, The Challenger explosion, and even some Holocaust related jokes can elicit a reluctant chuckle from me. So some poor lady that I don't know, or have even ever heard of that had her face blown off. . . well. . . that's nothing compared to those other things really.
    Understood. It's not so much the taste in humor or lack thereof, but more so the drama queen histrionics the moment someone dares to question it. Not the first time you or I have seen this reaction.

Is this what our society is coming to? A bunch of wussies who scream & pull their hair as soon as someone offers a diverging point of view to their own? Gimme a break junior. I've had my opinion questioned plenty of times. So be it. Your opinion don't mean shit. Neither does mine, nor anyone else's, really. And Life with a capitol "L" doesn't care if your pwecious wittle feelings are hurt or not. It will grind you up & spit you out in a lot worse ways than some anonymous guy on the internet who questions your sense of humor or opinion on some movie.

*whew*...didn't mean to be so rant-y. Must be feeling bitter today...

United States
    Understood. It's not so much the taste in humor or lack thereof, but more so the drama queen histrionics the moment someone dares to question it. Not the first time you or I have seen this reaction.

Is this what our society is coming to? A bunch of wussies who scream & pull their hair as soon as someone offers a diverging point of view to their own? Gimme a break junior. I've had my opinion questioned plenty of times. So be it. Your opinion don't mean shit. Neither does mine, nor anyone else's, really. And Life with a capitol "L" doesn't care if your pwecious wittle feelings are hurt or not. It will grind you up & spit you out in a lot worse ways than some anonymous guy on the internet who questions your sense of humor or opinion on some movie.

*whew*...didn't mean to be so rant-y. Must be feeling bitter today...

No, you are right of course. The reaction was a bit . . . um. . . .over the top. The internet really seems to do that to people though. It makes people say things they would not normally say because of the lack of social filter. It's also difficult to REALLY understand what a person means with the lack of body language. Sarcasm and mollycoddling are diffult to discern in written form. And anger and disapproval can be blown WAY out of proportion. Some people are too thin skinned for the internet, because you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the writer of the message.

And hell. . .even if you are being insulted or disparaged. . . who gives a fuck? These people don't know you. . not really. What does it matter what they say about you? .

If someone on here called me a dick, I would assume that I was the private dick that is the sex machine for all the ladies. Because. . . . well. . .that's true.

Also. . . .waffles.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    I got a question. What are those 2 scenes from? The eye piercing and spooning.

Btw, to answer his question. There is a diffrence between fiction and reality. I have no problem with graphic violence in movies, because it is fake. But I see no humor in someone on the receiving end of a shotgun blast to the face, unless I feel they deserve it.