Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant US man hails 'miracle' - Ummm... NAH!

United Kingdom
    I take it you don't acknowledge the possibility of a person's sex and gender not being aligned correctly, then? Why do you think a transgender person would want to "pretend" to be the opposite sex?
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I take it you don't acknowledge the possibility of a person's sex and gender not being aligned correctly, then? Why do you think a transgender person would want to "pretend" to be the opposite sex?
    Because they got a mental problem. Or quite possibly they were born with dual male and female sex organs in a sad twist of nature and the docs were forced to eliminate 1 set at birth so they would live a normal life and they chose the wrong set to remove. I saw a documentary on something like that once. But being born 100% healthy physically as a woman or a male then getting your body mutilated so you will feel better mentally? The problem isn't in the body, its in the mind.
    Last edited by Khardis; 05-Apr-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Because they got a mental problem. Or quite possibly they were born with dual male and female sex organs in a sad twist of nature and the docs were forced to eliminate 1 set at birth so they would live a normal life and they chose the wrong set to remove. I saw a documentary on something like that once. But being born 100% healthy physically as a woman or a male then getting your body mutilated so you will feel better mentally? The problem isn't in the body, its in the mind.
    wow your a little gem now aren't you.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    wow your a little gem now aren't you.
    Nah, just a realist. I know its un PC to say that someone who is a physically normal/healthy male or female who mutilates their penis or vagina to slightly resemble the opposite of what it is is not mentally stable.

Must be why they have to jump through so many hoops and get so many tests done to make certain they are suffering from: Gender Dysphoria. Which is classified as a mental disorder by medical science.

Fiji
    http://www.mental-health-today.com/gender/dsm.htm

DSM IV's criteria for Gender Dysphoria.

I don't think its "UN-PC". though cute of your to try that tactic and make your self some manner of intardweb social martyr. When it's just willing full or base ignorance towards the condition on your part.

what someone else does to their own body, is quite frankly their business. and nothing more. it's cute and perhaps telling that you feel this vitriolic response towards GD suffers. but that's another conversation.

But in short the recognized treatment for GD is a prolonged series of tests and measures to ensure that the suffer has true full on gnarly Gender Dysphoria, and not some other disorder masked as GD (which unfortunately has happened). because as it stands Gender reassignment surgery is the only real end all cure for people truly struck with this condition. so while it may not be up to your own views. the "mutilation" is in fact a recognized treatment function.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Nah, just a realist.
    Your own little private realism.

Kazakhstan
    In Soviet Russia, Ned pwns YOU!

I honestly could not give a brass monkey's toss!

I daresay there are worse "Normal" people out there raising kids, us vanillas are successfully raising generation after generation of anti social, school shooting, workshy, drug taking, tyre slashing, date raping idiots, so we arent really in a position to say that these people are going to do a worse job, as there is no precedent on which to judge them.

The only issue I can take with it is that we don't know yet if the hormone treatments the child-bearer has undergone will affect the baby.

As for the kid getting bullied at school, you could say the same about mixed race kids 30 or 40 years ago - if people don't get out there and live their lives in the way they want to, nobody will ever have the chance. Harsh perhaps, but it's the reality of social interaction.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    Thing is mixed race kids still get bullied at school,as does anybody else who is different or comes from an odd background,if your a normal white kid who's parents make you wear **** clothes you'll be hounded by others at school,it doesnt make it right but it happens,so this poor kid will be in for a hard time!no amount of anti-bullying doctrine in schools will ever stamp that out

Kazakhstan
    Nah mixed race kids don't get as hard a time as they did in the 60s or 50s, legislation, liberalisation & the fact that there's more of them sees to that.

I'm not saying they don't get a hard time, but things do get better.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    Even so,i reckon the mixed race kids & everybody else would still absolutely rip the poor kid whos dad is his/her mum who used to be a woman!i know i wouldnt like to be that kid,i'd disown my parents if that was the case!if "it" wants to be a man then it should have gone the full hog & had all womanly equipment completely removed,fair enough some people have these gender issues & they have the full surgery to change things,but sitting on the fence like that one is just makes it all the more odd

Kazakhstan
    yeah as a straight male i find it a pretty strange choice, but then i dont understand people who like fat women, other men or bacardi breezers...such is the way of the world, I just let them get on with. I'm sure there's people who think we are twisted for liking gory films and rock music

THE LEISURE HIVE

United Kingdom
    Nah, just a realist. I know its un PC to say that someone who is a physically normal/healthy male or female who mutilates their penis or vagina to slightly resemble the opposite of what it is is not mentally stable.
    When is it ever a question of political correctness on this board? :/

I would suggest that there are two distinct schools of thought on the existence of transgenderism: the medical community's, and yours.

You have the right to say that you do not believe in its existence, but the fact is that the current body of scientific research, both biological and psychological, contradicts that belief.

Were you aware, for example, that male and female brains physically look different, and that brain imaging studies have shown that many transgender women do indeed have physically female brains, despite also having male genitalia?

NB: The inicidence of hermaphrodite babies is extraordinarily rare, and most don't survive. It is therefore not a satisfactory explanation for transgenderism. On a side-note, was the documentary you watched about that Jewish kid called 'Brian'?? That was well interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    if "it" wants to be a man then it should have gone the full hog & had all womanly equipment completely removed
    Why? It's a potentially life-threatening surgery. I know I wouldn't have a hysterectomy unless it was literally like, "lose it or die" (in the case of cancer etc). If I needed to become a man I wouldn't bother making myself infertile for the sake of it, it's not worth dying over.
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 05-Apr-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Banned User

Undisclosed

I would suggest that there are two distinct schools of thought on the existence of transgenderism: the medical community's, and yours.

You have the right to say that you do not believe in its existence, but the fact is that the current body of scientific research, both biological and psychological, contradicts that belief.

Were you aware, for example, that male and female brains physically look different, and that brain imaging studies have shown that many transgender women do indeed have physically female brains, despite also having male genitalia?

NB: The inicidence of hermaphrodite babies is extraordinarily rare, and most don't survive. It is therefore not a satisfactory explanation for transgenderism. On a side-note, was the documentary you watched about that Jewish kid called 'Brian'?? That was well interesting

Why? It's a potentially life-threatening surgery. I know I wouldn't have a hysterectomy unless it was literally like, "lose it or die" (in the case of cancer etc). If I needed to become a man I wouldn't bother making myself infertile for the sake of it, it's not worth dying over.
    Chic, I didn't say it didn't exist, I agreed that it did. I just said it was a mental disorder, which is how it is also classified. Which makes sense, anyone who would mutilate their genitals to feel better emotionally clearly has a mental issue to work on. If the only way to stave off an evident suicide is to let them mangle themselves and call themselves the opposite sex then I say, go for it. So long as it isn't being paid for with taxes.

I may seem cold hearted, but if i see a man with a mangled penis who wants to be called a woman I cannot oblige. I would meet them half way and call them a transsexual if they liked, but not a woman, they aren't a woman.

I know that makes me un-pc and an ass and all that, but thats just the way it is for me, I shoot straight from the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Even so,i reckon the mixed race kids & everybody else would still absolutely rip the poor kid whos dad is his/her mum who used to be a woman!i know i wouldnt like to be that kid,i'd disown my parents if that was the case!if "it" wants to be a man then it should have gone the full hog & had all womanly equipment completely removed,fair enough some people have these gender issues & they have the full surgery to change things,but sitting on the fence like that one is just makes it all the more odd
    Yeah I don't think mixed race kids would be destroyed socially quite as bad as this poor kid in the story. Mixed race kids just have parents of different races, and regardless of recent history where that was taboo in this country thats been a norm for humans for 10000s of years. 1st rule of breeding is to spread out the genes.

I would almost say that a poor kid growing up in this kind of situation is being abused. Not physically or anything but I mean the crap the kid is going to have to take for the insanity of his "mom and dad" is going to put him close to the edge at some point, thats practically abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Your own little private realism.
    Good to see that you have quality to ad to the conversation. Mind explaining what isn't realistic about what I said?
    Last edited by Khardis; 06-Apr-2008 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States

I was going to reply to him with pretty much what you said, so thanks for saving me all the typing

At the same time, I happen to know 2 transgendered people and quite honestly, they are some of the most normal people I know and if you did not know they had once been of the opposite sex you would never know the difference.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Banned User

Undisclosed
    That kid is going to be messed up in the head.