Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victims of coicumstance?.......

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    You can determine "aging" when viewing something that is old and realize that it's quite simply horribly out of date.
    Just IMO, but I don't think just because something is "out of date" doesn't mean it isn't funny. Plus to me their stuff is timeless. It's not exactly like it's topical, headlines related stuff. But as said, to each their own! (though it baffles me that anyone could not find them funny!)

But back on topic, what we're talking about is further proof that Hollow-wood is idea bankrupt & ripping off anything they can to make a "new" movie. Next they'll be making "new" Marx Brothers movies, John Wayne, Clark Gable, Marylin Monroe etc...just dress somebody up as your favorite performer, call 'em by that name & you're all set! Heck, let's grab some Elvis impersonators, have 'em lay down some tracks & call it a "new" Elvis record while we're at it!

I can see doing a movie in the STYLE of the Stooges...I wouldn't have a problem with that....heck the Fat Boys did it with "Disorderlys" (which was mildly funny). "Dumb & Dumber" isn't too far off the mark. Older movie called "Brain Donors" which was in the same Stooges or Marx Bros style.

But to actually make a THREE STOOGES (or insert your favorite here), treating them like they were merely CHARACTERS & not real people just doesn't sit well with me. Feels like grave robbing.

United States
    Thing about a sense of humor is. . everyone's is different. Some people like fart jokes, some people like puns, some people like slapstick, some people like "intellectual" humor, some people are into political humor, etc etc etc. Me, I can enjoy all kinds of comedy. But the Stooges are in no way aged. Slapstick (which they were the kings of) is a type of humor that does not ever truly die. Most people's first reaction to someone falling down or getting punched by a chimp, or what have you, is to laugh. It's one of the first things that humans as young children think is funny. It is a base, instinctual comedy. Some people "grow out of it", but I challange anyone that considers themselves too mature for the Stooges, to NOT laugh the next time your friend slips in a cream pie and busts his ass!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Thing about a sense of humor is. . everyone's is different. Some people like fart jokes, some people like puns, some people like slapstick, some people like "intellectual" humor, some people are into political humor, etc etc etc. Me, I can enjoy all kinds of comedy. But the Stooges are in no way aged. Slapstick (which they were the kings of) is a type of humor that does not ever truly die.
    While slapstick itself might not age, the way you show it does. For instance, I find the silly over-acting of the stooges ruins the entire comedy. And the guy does the same thing THREE TIMES, when ONCE was enough. The only time you see people doing that today is when they're parodying that very same humour.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    And the guy does the same thing THREE TIMES, when ONCE was enough. The only time you see people doing that today is when they're parodying that very same humour.
    Actually, they DO do that today: Scary Movie 1, Scary Movie 2, and Scary Movie 3. And then they went on for a fourth time.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Actually, they DO do that today: Scary Movie 1, Scary Movie 2, and Scary Movie 3. And then they went on for a fourth time.
    Definetly NOT the same thing!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Definetly NOT the same thing!
    I know, that was a joke (hence the wink) based on the "three times when once was ENOUGH" idea.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Just looked this one up on Youtube foe some one who had never seen it. Classic.

Norway
    Some of the three stooges stuff is very funny and some of it has not aged very well, but I doubt the Farell brothers will do the franchise any favors.