Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victims of coicumstance?.......

Undisclosed

Victims of coicumstance?.......

If this has already posted then apologies...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38970

United States

I heard about this the other day & it's SACRILEGE. The Stooges were GENIUS. I LOVE those guys. What's next, a new "Bogart" or "John Wayne" movie w/ someone else as Boggie or the Duke? C'mon! These guys wern't just characters, they were originals!

Wanna make a movie in that STYLE of comedy? I'm fine with that. But to actually make a THREE STOOGES MOVIE WITHOUT LARRY, MOE & CURLEY?!?!?!?! Nope. I ain't buyin' it bub.

GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States
    I am with Moon on this one. This is an outrage! Stupid and lame, and will be a flop. I will not spend a penny on this film, not even rent it on "rent two get one free night" (which I would do even for NOLD 30th) All copies of this film should be buried in the same landfill as that ET game back in the day. And the ground should be salted.

I put a curse on this film. A POX ON THEE!!!!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Never saw the originals. I went on to youtube and watched some of em, and truth be told, I couldn't care less. The ****'s not funny to begin with.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Never saw the originals. I went on to youtube and watched some of em, and truth be told, I couldn't care less. The ****'s not funny to begin with.
    I didn't find that stuff very funny either. But to each his own

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I didn't find that stuff very funny either. But to each his own
    Duly noted. The two of you may turn in your man cards on the way out of the forum.

Moe, Larry and Curly Are From Mars, Hugh Grant Is From Venus

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Right, because YouBoob is the best method for viewing comedy shorts from 50 years ago that were intended to be viewed theatrically.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Right, because YouBoob is the best method for viewing comedy shorts from 50 years ago that were intended to be viewed theatrically.
    Yes. Because it's sketches, so indeed, yes, it does work. And the sketches aren't funny, so now I know, and now I know I'm not into their kind of humour (which seems AWFULLY simple!) and now I know not to bother my time with them. Unlike the Marx brothers, they just don't seem to have aged very well.

Super Moderator

United States
    Unlike the Marx brothers, they just don't seem to have aged very well.
    Any opportunity to spread your Marxist ways, eh, Ned?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Yes. Because it's sketches, so indeed, yes, it does work. And the sketches aren't funny, so now I know, and now I know I'm not into their kind of humour (which seems AWFULLY simple!) and now I know not to bother my time with them. Unlike the Marx brothers, they just don't seem to have aged very well.
    Won't get into a pi$$ing match over this, as humor is subjective, but respectively disagree. I think each a has aged just fine. Comparing the Marx Brothers to the Stooges is definitely apples and oranges though.

I can see why the Farley Brothers want to raise them from the dead though. They did beat them to the punch by around 60 years.

Oh, & anyone who doesn't love the Stooges is a heretic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Any opportunity to spread your Marxist ways, eh, Ned?
    Damnit, am I so predictable?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I agree with apples to oranges, but I'll take apples (Marx) over oranges any day!

United States
    awesome article there Pub!! Hilarious stuff. Stooges rock!!!

You non stooge lovers look a little upset. Awww. . . do you need some kerosene? Why kerosene you ask? Well it's really useful stuff, but I thought you guys might want to put some around your ankles. . You know, to keep the ants from crawling up your legs and biting your vaginas!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    How exactly is your personal preference relevant to the topic of this thread again?

And since we're off-topic for the moment, I must ask of anyone that has only ever seen the Three Stooges on YouBoob: how does one determine "aging well" when you are so obviously unable to view the work in the context of when it was made? It's a safe bet plenty of YouBoobers can't imagine Boris Karloff ever having been "scary" either.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    How exactly is your personal preference relevant to the topic of this thread again?

And since we're off-topic for the moment, I must ask of anyone that has only ever seen the Three Stooges on YouBoob: how does one determine "aging well" when you are so obviously unable to view the work in the context of when it was made? It's a safe bet plenty of YouBoobers can't imagine Boris Karloff ever having been "scary" either.
    You can determine "aging" when viewing something that is old and realize that it's quite simply horribly out of date. Just look at Laurel and Hardys silent slapstick films, where every gag is very simple, and then repeated three times, and tell me that it's funny. It's not, nobody today thinks so. Yet back then, it was new and fresh. And my personal preference is relevant to this topic because said personal preference was about The Three Stooges, which just so happens to be what this topic is about.

Or are only people who LIKE the Three Stooges allowed to post in this topic, hmm? Now please, let's stop with the bickering.