Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wii due by 2011!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Does anyone else feel like this is too son for new console releases?
    Well yes, if what's being said is true and that there will be new consoles out in the next couple of years. Definitely. Some people have only just shelled out for said consoles so it will be them that's affected the most. We'll have to wait and see.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well yes, if what's being said is true and that there will be new consoles out in the next couple of years. Definitely. Some people have only just shelled out for said consoles so it will be them that's affected the most. We'll have to wait and see.
    I got my 360 two years ago now, so Xmas 2011 is early enough to release a new Xbox in my view.

They'd better build it like a brick shithouse though - AND have it fully backwards compatible with all my existing 360 games.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    we are just getting older... The older you get the quicker time passes.
    your not wrong there,its frightening sometimes!il remember something that feels recent & realise it actually happened 4 years ago!buying my PS2 with red faction,GTA3 & medal of honour frontline doesnt seem that long ago,but it was 2001!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Il just stick the next kick arse processor & graphics card in my PC by then and pee from a great height on the consoles i used to love 'em but they just dont raise my interest anymore

Does it make it more effective the higher you pee from?

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about! SEGA and Namco are doing the EAG Expo in London next year, I might have a bit of that as it happens.

Don't know about the name though, SEGA Ringpiece or whatever it was called.

I think that 's a ridiculous name just like i thought"wii" was. At the time i was like "there's no way nintendo is going to stick with that dumb ass name".

Oh well, stick to what you know i guess.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    your not wrong there,its frightening sometimes!il remember something that feels recent & realise it actually happened 4 years ago!buying my PS2 with red faction,GTA3 & medal of honour frontline doesnt seem that long ago,but it was 2001!
    Innit just.

I often find myself thinking "geeeeeez, it's been [insert time frame] since..." - like, for instance, this summer it'll be FOUR YEARS since I graduated!

Does it make it more effective the higher you pee from?
    It makes it colder when it strikes you.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Innit just.

I often find myself thinking "geeeeeez, it's been [insert time frame] since..." - like, for instance, this summer it'll be FOUR YEARS since I graduated!

and of course revenge is a dish best served cold

but yeah,its 11 years since i was taking my GCSE's now,shiiiiiiit!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Now you just know a line like I wrote is MZ bait and that you would have a good comeback for it. !! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist answering that !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Now you just know a line like I wrote is MZ bait and that you would have a good comeback for it. !! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist answering that !!

And in turn Tricky served up a spiffing come-back to my come-back. We're all on fire today ... although hopefully not when we pee.

Boom-boom!

Undisclosed
    Il just stick the next kick arse processor & graphics card in my PC by then and pee from a great height on the consoles i used to love 'em but they just dont raise my interest anymore

I will stick with my consoles (which are driving the industry and the tech) and my 1080p 73" tv. Frankly the only thing consoles are missing out on are mods and custom maps which games like Far cry 2 prove meaningful custom content can be user generated on console... Frankly Far cry is just ahead of its time.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It's about time the Wii had HD support. I just hope it's early 2011 rather than late 2011!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    I will stick with my consoles (which are driving the industry and the tech) and my 1080p 73" tv.
    Quite agree.

PC cum-slurpers have more money than sense. I'd rather buy a console that plays ALL games (in one purchase) as opposed to upgrading my PC just to brag that some silly grenade effect looks better, when in reality, it's not that much better at all.

I'm sure some games are better on PC but 'graffix' really dont 'bovver' me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    It's about time the Wii had HD support. I just hope it's early 2011 rather than late 2011!

It's almost unfathomable how nintendo keeps allowing itself to fall behind in the tech dept. generation after generation. The same thing happened last gen. Nintendo had to practically be dragged kicking and screaming in order to enable the wii to have online support, this even after it was clear that it was the future. And now this. They always seem to make "improvements" based on the last gen.

Yeah, hd support is great and all but sony and MS are already doing that. So by the time they catch up in 2011 MS and sony will have moved on to the next leap in technology and nintendo will again be left with an inferior machine and thus, an inferior gaming experience.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yeah, hd support is great and all but sony and MS are already doing that.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but speaking of HD for the 360...does anyone have their 360 hooked up through HDMI? Any ideas on where to get a 360 HDMI cord? The official cord from MS is over 50 dollars and only 3ft, I think. I'm not paying that much for a chord, but definitely want the HDMI....

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't mean to derail the thread, but speaking of HD for the 360...does anyone have their 360 hooked up through HDMI? Any ideas on where to get a 360 HDMI cord? The official cord from MS is over 50 dollars and only 3ft, I think. I'm not paying that much for a chord, but definitely want the HDMI....
    When I worked in Zavvi (a high street music/movie/games retailer), we sold generic HDMI cables for £5. Shouldn't be hard to find one cheap in stores.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    When I worked in Zavvi (a high street music/movie/games retailer), we sold generic HDMI cables for £5. Shouldn't be hard to find one cheap in stores.
    That's where MS gets ya. The connector to the 360 isn't your generic HDMI port. So it HAS to have the same connector as the 360.