Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wii due by 2011!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclamation New Wii due by 2011!!

http://www.whattheyplay.com/blog/200...FQIWFQodcirt3A

Pretty cool features? Yes

Waaaaay past due? Yes

Imo, If they had implemented these features this gen along with the option to play their games conventionally instead of with motion sensors if the player so chose sony's gaming division might be extinct right now.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And I had just recently decided to pick up a Wii. I guess I'll hold off after this news...

capncnut
    It's hardly surprising since Microsoft said in 2008 that it will aim to develop the Xbox 3/540 in 2010. This could well be the shortest war in console history.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Who do you see winning it though?

My money's on MS. I took them to task for rushing a system to market that clearly hadn't had all the bugs fixed( as evidenced by the plaugue of console failures).

But now it seems that hitting the market a year early was a good move.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But now it seems that hitting the market a year early was a good move.
    Definitely, and I think MS intend to go one further by putting out a new console two or more years early.

The current gen console war has turned out to be a bit of a farce and really quite uneven. 360 might not win in figures but they have proven to Sony that they need to watch out, and that they far from rule the market, which is a surprise given how amazing the PS2 was. Hell, even the 360 has almost sold a million in Japan, might not sound like much but that is a serious step forward over there.

But yeah, there could be a whole new war in the next two to three years.

United States
    I'm excited for the new xbox, I'll never get a wii though, something about them just doesnt tickle my fancy

United States
    Many articles actually claim that this console generation is going to be the longest ever.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Many articles actually claim that this console generation is going to be the longest ever.
    Perhaps for the PS3 because Sony have stated numerous times that they intend on keeping the console active "for at least ten years".

However the new Xbox 3/540 console has been in the planning stages since 2006.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So i guess this is where we're headed. Every couple of years a co. will come out with the .5 version of the previous console and then release the real deal a couple of years later.

It seems all good until sega comes back out with their console.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    WTF? Already?

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    It's hardly surprising since Microsoft said in 2008 that it will aim to develop the Xbox 3/540 in 2010. This could well be the shortest war in console history.
    I don't think that's going to hold true. I was just reading an article the other day talking about how the VERY earliest they will have a system out will be in late 2011, however it is likely that it won't be that soon due to the capabilities of the 360 (with being able to completely revamp the software via XBL).

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It seems all good until sega comes back out with their console.
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about! SEGA and Namco are doing the EAG Expo in London next year, I might have a bit of that as it happens.

Don't know about the name though, SEGA Ringpiece or whatever it was called.

England
    Il just stick the next kick arse processor & graphics card in my PC by then and pee from a great height on the consoles i used to love 'em but they just dont raise my interest anymore

Undisclosed
    The last cycle for the original xbox was only 4 years in total... This November it the 360 will turn 4.... From the ps(or psx)to the ps2 5 years and 4 months...Ps2 to ps3 6 years 2months...Gamecube to wii 5 years...The cycles are really not getting shorter...we are just getting older... The older you get the quicker time passes.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    Does anyone else feel like this is too son for new console releases?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    So long as it's fully backwards compatible with both Gamecube and Wii and contains the next best motion and IR tech in the remote and nunchuk and has some decent exclusives I'll be happy.