Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Remake! This time: ROTLD....

Undisclosed
    Okay, I've thought about it, and I'm not going to change my mind on how I felt before about another remake (ask anyone in hollywood about originality these days and they'll be scrambling for their dictionaries to find out what it means), but if the script is polished by better writers, has a good director (perhaps Dan would do it again?), and a Tar-Man that rocks at least at the same level the original Tar-Man, and I'd consider seeing it. If I get a little less than that, I'll wait for it to hit the video store, which is where it'll likely end up (and with a Part 6 subtitle, you just watch), to rent it. And if things really look bad for it, I'm not even going to consider using it for a coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by NVK
    The zombie makeup could be more EC Comic like this time around.
    Something I doubt we'll see, but I'd love to see it happen. That's the problem with alot of remakes. They only look at the film to use as the backboard. If they really wanted to do it justice, they should look at all the kinds of things that inspired the original films, such as the EC stories and stuff.
    Last edited by Combat Zombie; 23-May-2006 at 02:58 AM.

United States
    of all the pontless remakes in the world a RotLD one would fall in the bottom 5 at least, right next to Friday the 13th and Halloween(they aren't trying to do a Halloween remake are they?)

I'd say once a film gets to part 3, remakes no longer make any sense (as far as remakeing films can make sense anyway), besides like people have mentioned, half of RotLD has already been remade, they just called it RotLD2!

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    BAH! Not another garbage remake. Maybe they will make it from the original story, it's a lot better than the story they used for the movie.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Man that movie is'nt worthy of a remake, the best part was the dancing nude girl on the tombstones. The gay punkers they had where just too much for me. To me it was mor comedy than horror.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru ofthe Dead
    Man that movie is'nt worthy of a remake, the best part was the dancing nude girl on the tombstones. The gay punkers they had where just too much for me. To me it was mor comedy than horror.

That was the intent of the original film. It was a Horror-Comedy. The first and the alltime best until Shaun came along. However, I still rank ROTLD1 as my favorite zombie film of all time.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    That was the intent of the original film. It was a Horror-Comedy. The first and the alltime best until Shaun came along. However, I still rank ROTLD1 as my favorite zombie film of all time.
    But "Shaun" was able to do the same thing and not be cheesey with it....

"ROTLD" doesn't even come close to "Shaun"..

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    ROTLD didn't use the same kind of horror as Shaun. Shaun was just a regular british comedy, but with zombies in it. The zombies themselves were not funny, but the notion of fast, braineating and comical zombies in ROTLD was part of the goof.

The scene where the zombies chase Chuck and that punk girl into the warehouse, while screaming out "Brains, braaains!" is just hilarious!

I wouldn't rank either film ontop of the other. They are both great.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd personally rank Shaun of the Dead way above ROTLD

I love ROTLD, but Shaun is just 100% "THE tits" It helps that I'm British, so all the little touches e.g. Hog Lumps and "Brevel out back" just make it all gravy, there's so few British movies, and even fewer British zombie movies - that are as good as Shaun.

Undisclosed
    I like ROTLD more than SOTD. I think SOTD is a great movie, Funny,scary, and suprisingly sad scenes. But I like darker, twisted humor more than British. ROTLD is also scary.

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    bassman311 I agree Shaun was'nt cheesy at all. Once again ROTLD was using a different kind of spin on the dead thing. I guess if you look at it the twist would be using a chemical to reactivate the dead they may do different things, however decay once again will come into play. You can't have the dead just jumping around and talking. Good try though they got three movies made. However is twenty years good enough to be able to remake a movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    "darker, twisted humour"? Clearly you haven't seen enough British comedy, lol. "Jam" for instance, that is darker than pitch black and it's still funny, but oh man is it twisted. "League of Gentlemen" is another that's rather dark...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    GET MY AGENT ON THE PHONE! NOW! Oh wait I forgot I don't have an AGENT!

If it has to be remade I wanna direct it. LOU, get me the directors job for this.
    What the hell do I look like Dj? A producer?!

I can't believe they're remaking this either. Yet even MORE evidence Hollywood is drowning in its own feces. No more original ideas, everything has to be a remake of a comic book character, a cartoon, or a remake of a movie that had ZERO business being remade.

Now I'm wondering when they'll remake Halloween. Hell, Carpenter already let them screw up The Fog completely... WHAT'S NEXT!?

The future of filmmaking will be independant films. Mainstream films have gone to the dogs and I doubt they'll ever recover. Fools.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    What the hell do I look like Dj? A producer?!
    Do you seriously want me to answer this question?

Get on the phone with Arora Entertainment tell Antonaly Fradis that you have the perfect director in mind and that he can't phuck it up any more than Ellroy Elkem did with parts 4 & 5.

We can also save him money on an editor and composer. I already did my remix of the ROTLD theme months ago.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    ROTLD>Shaun

Shaun was a decent comedy. Return of the Living Dead blew Day of the Dead out of the theatres. It doesn't help that Spaced>Shaun.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down It was going to happen sooner or later.......

It seems that creativity is dead or Hollywood Film Makers ran out of ideas, I totally enjoyed ROTLD it is cheesy but makes for a good viewing and these film makers should come up with new ideas instead of remaking and sequels, the zombie genre has a lot of stories to tell in diffrent ways, millions of ways
    so i dont see the need to remake, could be that they want to sell the story to a new generation which is basically what they are trying to do, just my opinion