Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Remake! This time: ROTLD....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Another Remake! This time: ROTLD....

That's right folks.....supposedly there's going to be a remake of the original "Return". The guy that brought us "ROTLD 4 & 5" is working on this....

Check it out here

What can I say? You can't be surprised with all the remakes they've already been working on. Just another crap film for the pile, I'm afraid.

I can't really complain because I never really liked the original. Besides, I don't think they could make the remake any more of a cheese-fest than the orginal.

Just thought some of you would like to know...
    Last edited by bassman; 22-May-2006 at 02:54 PM.

United States
    Well, doesn't phase me at all....the "Return" series is a load of crap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I just rewatched the original, and I was surprised at how clever and well made it was. Dan O'Bannon really got the best out of some not-so-good actors and made it look like a real arty flick. The long dialog shots are excellent, almost QT style.

Undisclosed
    Hell no!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Well, doesn't phase me at all....the "Return" series is a load of crap.
    I agree with that. The first film has a few redeeming qualities but overall, ultimate cheese.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I just rewatched the original, and I was surprised at how clever and well made it was. Dan O'Bannon really got the best out of some not-so-good actors and made it look like a real arty flick. The long dialog shots are excellent, almost QT style.
    I thought Clu Gulager and Don Calfa were the best and they'd been acting for quite awhile before Return, so I don't know if they actually qualify as not-so-good actors.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous
    I thought Clu Gulager and Don Calfa were the best and they'd been acting for quite awhile before Return, so I don't know if they actually qualify as not-so-good actors.
    True, true, as with James Karen. But I thought the deliverance of almost all of the lines in the film, coming from amateur or pro, was really great. Dan O'Bannon must be a perfectionist.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    True, true, as with James Karen. But I thought the deliverance of almost all of the lines in the film, coming from amateur or pro, was really great. Dan O'Bannon must be a perfectionist.
    I agree and that's kept that film going for me for over 20 years .

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn youze!

I liked the original, but it's also the principle of the thing - STOP REMAKING MOVIES, geez! I haven't seen part 5, but part 4 sucked copious amounts of man shaft, the script was abominable, really utterly and truly awful. The remake, if it happens, will be utter sh*t.

Apparently the Friday 13th remake (I know, I didn't know there was going to one either!) is "on hold" (i.e. long grass, i.e. dead in the water). Heard about it on that DeadPit radio thing with Gary Klar, something about New Line Cinema not having the rights to the name, hahaha, I bet Paramount deliberately did the deal like that to fudge them over, but it doesn't make sense, because surely Paramount now don't have the right to make another Jason movie?

Cease the remakes you Hollywood f*cks! 99% of them are total sh*t, it's pandering to an idiotic, MTV-jerking audience who don't know sh*t about anything good or pushing it at non-horror-fan audiences. It's like "When A Stranger Calls" - STOP IT.

Come up with some new ideas already, goddamn! The sooner this f*cking awful fad is over the better. It's like colorising Casablanca ... oh wait a minute - HOLLYWOOD ALREADY DID THAT!

Undisclosed
    ... ...if someone dies tonight, this is why....

Dead

Undisclosed
    once again an unnecessary remake. I'd rather see ROTLD part 6,7,8 than a remake of part 1.

Banned User

United States
    Well, if it's being brought to us by the crew that gave us ROTLD 4 and 5, I think it's safe to say that it'll probably suck a$$.

ViP

United States
    I'm cool with parts 4 and 5 as sequels, but I wouldn't trust an honorable remake of the original in the hands of these guys. I'm all for them continuing to make sequels in good fun, but part one was already remade. It was called part 2.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    GET MY AGENT ON THE PHONE! NOW! Oh wait I forgot I don't have an AGENT!

If it has to be remade I wanna direct it. LOU, get me the directors job for this. Track these low life cork suckers down and put a gun to their head and have them hire me. If it has to be remade then let it be done by a fan of the film with a new twist and not some shoddy bull**** like ROTLD 4 & 5.

Now Back to reality...

THIS IS THE WORST FREAKING NEWS I HAVE HAD ALL DAY!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Maybe if the producer was smart he could get Dan O Bannon to direct it. On the ROTLD DVD, Dan mentions several times when he wanted to do something in the film but couldn't. The zombie makeup could be more EC Comic like this time around.