Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orvar Säfström says not to get hopes up

Banned
    Banned User

Isle of Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    No I havent read it to be honest, I kind of considered myself a bit too old for comics, even serious grown up ones like this, but based on what everybodys been talking about on here, I may have to take a look!
    I thought so too until I gave them a chance. I'm glad I did, though I haven't followed the entire series, I have liked what I've read quite a bit.

England
    There's an Oct 18th embargo on reviews for the show so we'll know more in just over a weeks time.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i just checked out AMC's Fear Fest schedule. they are playing the premiere (10pm) behind "from dusk til dawn" at 6pm and "dawn of the dead" (remake) at 8pm.

I figured AMC would probably lead into it with a zombie flick and there you go.
    Last edited by Mike70; 10-Oct-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Orvar Säfström? What the hell?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i just checked out AMC's Fear Fest schedule. they are playing the premiere (10pm) behind "from dusk til dawn" at 6pm and "dawn of the dead" (remake) at 8pm.

That's strange. Just the other day I checked and they had the original Night listed to play before TWD. Wonder why they changed it? Night would have been a MUCH better lead into the show rather than Yawn...
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Oct-2010 at 06:58 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's strange. Just the other day I checked and they had the original Night listed to play before TWD. Wonder why they changed it? Night would have been a MUCH better lead into the show rather than Yawn...
    When I checked that's what was listed too. Probably changed it because Night is old and boring & they want something "hip and fresh" to "attract teh kidz who iz down wit da sicknez dawg!"
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 10-Oct-2010 at 07:03 PM.

United States
    i find that quite odd, too. seems that since most interviews/press releases i've read about TWD refer to NotLD, they'd make the wise choice and show the citizen kane of zombie films instead of dawn04....plus, seems like dawn04 has been on the air non-stop since 2005 or so. better yet, why not show the original dawn?

not that i have cable anymore. i'm having some buddies over that evening and while we're waiting for TWD to make it to the intertubes, we'll be enjoying the original dawn, lots of beer, and pizza.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    . better yet, why not show the original dawn?
    That thought came to me as well. Let's see....you've got a remake made in CANADA, while the original film is still respected and made in AMERICA. You would think a network called American Movie Classics would go for the actual american movies. But, ya know...they're a business and Yawn is the latest craze with the kiddies...

Maybe Ruben$tein is asking too much for the broadcast rights...
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Oct-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Considering NotLD is public domain, I'm guessing money's got nothing to do with it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post

Mike is back!!!! Hey Buddy!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    didn't ya see his "kiss kiss" thread, clang? some funny stuff in there. add to the excitement with an image/gif of your own, spread the love!

EDIT: ah nevermind, ya already did. i'm always behind on things.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Oct-2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: missed another posting in another thread

United States
    ah nevermind, ya already did. i'm always behind on things.
    Nah, I'm the one behind on things!! I didn't see the thread until today. . . you did!!! You are like light years ahead of me!

United States
    hey, speaking of which, clang, do you realize your xbox has been on for like 12 hours? on xboxlive, your current status is AWAY FOR 12 HOURS. just a head's up.

United States
    hey, speaking of which, clang, do you realize your xbox has been on for like 12 hours? on xboxlive, your current status is AWAY FOR 12 HOURS. just a head's up.
    Holy shit
    !! thanks. . .my wife must have left it on again!!! goddammit she's gonna buy me a new one if she overheats it

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    No I havent read it to be honest, I kind of considered myself a bit too old for comics, even serious grown up ones like this, but based on what everybodys been talking about on here, I may have to take a look!
    As someone who worked in the comic book industry I guess I don't understand that line of thinking. They are written, drawn, inked, lettered, and colored by adults. The stories are generally geared towards adults and in this case specifically to adults. How does the medium the story comes to you in determine if you are too old for it. It is a book, with images. You can appreciate a good story certainly, and you can appreciate good art no? Why not the two combined?