View Poll Results: Which do you use (most)?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facebook

14 93.33%
  • Twitter

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook or twitter?

United States
    None of the above. This is about all the interaction with people I can deal with.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    facebook. found so many friends i grew up with on there

United States
    yeah, where's option C - f*ck 'em both.

people who tweet are narcissistic....nobody gives a f*ck about your 140-word micro review of video games, movies, your last bowel movement, how many "followers" you have, etc, you f*cking tw*t.

facebook is also for self-righteous blow-hards. look at me and all my "likes", world! check out how many "friends" i have!

both of these methods for "staying in touch" and "connecting" with people are unnecessary products of our gadget and technology obsessed society.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Both suck, but I had a FB so I could find out when my 20 year class reunion was, which I missed anyway...
    Other than that, I only look at pics of me/us my parents and sisters post of back in the day.
    FB is kind of killing the net, if you ask me. All the forums I frequented are like ghost towns now.
    And Twitter? Nice way to run down your cell's battery faster. I don't care WTF people are doing every 2 minutes or less.
    Totally agree with that, Facebook has managed to kill off half the nets forums & MSN messenger which is a big shame really! That said I'm as guilty as the rest, I have a facebook page & I do keep in touch with a lot of past & present friends through it, as well as using it as a place to share photos I take. Thats the one thing I really enjoy about facebook, people can look through my photos rather than them being hidden away on hard drives or in physical albums which nobody will ever see. My parents have boxes & boxes of photos of their youth & times past, and nobody will ever see them

United States
    Facebook to keep up with family and friends. The ignore feature is pretty nice for all those asshats that sit next to the computer with a bed pan and post something every 5 mins fishing for some kind of center of attention response.

I try to stay away from it though when I've been drinking. Suddenly, everyone has vaginas and I'm tossing sand at them trying to win the damn big teddy bear.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 24-Apr-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: ....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Totally agree with that, Facebook has managed to kill off half the nets forums & MSN messenger which is a big shame really! That said I'm as guilty as the rest, I have a facebook page & I do keep in touch with a lot of past & present friends through it, as well as using it as a place to share photos I take. Thats the one thing I really enjoy about facebook, people can look through my photos rather than them being hidden away on hard drives or in physical albums which nobody will ever see. My parents have boxes & boxes of photos of their youth & times past, and nobody will ever see them
    My parents and sisters constantly add new pics they've scanned which is cool.
    HOWEVER:
    As it has been pissing hard on us for days, and I started some crappy blood pressure medicine, I didn't feel able to drive 2-3 hours to my parents' for Easter, and her birthday I missed last weekend. I called her yesterday to break the bad news, as no one else was coming to see them today either, she mentioned that I'd had some kind of wonderful lunch out with my family yesterday. I was like, "Huh?" as I'd just told her I hadn't done anything that day.
    Apparently her love for Murder She Wrote had her on her Facebook page, checking some status update my wife had posted. I told her all we'd done was grab some pizzas, some wings at Wal Mart, and chowed down on the coffee table.
    My parents are starting to get weird like that. If what you say doesn't quite resemble what they read on your FB page, you've got alot of explaining to do mister...
    Heaven forbid if you don't like a picture or comment they've posted. Scareh.
    Online sleuthing never got nobody nowhere, lol.
    Is that a triple negative there?
    Last edited by rongravy; 24-Apr-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Shhhhh.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    My parents are starting to get weird like that. If what you say doesn't quite resemble what they read on your FB page, you've got alot of explaining to do mister...Heaven forbid if you don't like a picture or comment they've posted. Scareh.
    Online sleuthing never got nobody nowhere, lol.
    Is that a triple negative there?
    LMAO

My mom posted a comment on my wife's page saying "I like your page but you don't have any pictures of me in your photos. "

My wife has pictures of her, our kids, and me. None of her parents or whatever. The wife just was like whatever but it can be weird sometimes for sure.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it's weird to compare the two; one is for social networking and the other is more like mini-blogging.

However, my answer is Facebook. I use Facebook wayyy too often, as a couple of you guys (whom I'm 'friends' with) have probably noticed.