View Poll Results: Which do you use (most)?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facebook

14 93.33%
  • Twitter

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook or twitter?

Administrator

England

Facebook or twitter?

Facebook or twitter?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Facebook! I travel alot with my job, so I use it to keep in touch with all my friends back home. It's really wonderful.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    twitter, i like the public im/ microblogging nature of it. Facebook is an irritating virtual schoolyard for retards to be catty about their 'status' and advertisers to chuckle about how morons fell for the 'likes this' advertising bonanza.
    Plus i use twitter to talk to friends i have but not exclusively, most people who use facebook seem to use it to talk to 'friends' they never talk to any other way, which arent really friends at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    With Facebook I can quick and easy just get a shout or even plan events from another country. I think your attitude towards facebook says more about you than facebook. Especially considering you just tried to generalize a web community which has more than 600 million users.

I'm not trying to say Facebook is teh super awesome revolution, but hey. It's fucking great for keeping in touch with people.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Facebook.

I do not get Twitter; I have absolutely no understanding of what would make me want to use it over Facebook. The only people I know who use it (Hellsing excluded, I guess) are either narcissists who think people want to know their every uninteresting action or unoriginal thought, or sad-cases desperate to keep up to date with developments such as Stephen Fry's most recent Apple purchase or Johnny Marr's latest bowel movement. I know Facebook suffers from these issues too, to a degree, but the minimalistic format and arbitrarily short message length limit of Twitter seems to have a concentrating effect on such assery. I don't care what anyone says, if something can be expressed fully and in a considered manner in just 255 characters, then it's barely worth saying

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Facebook.

I do not get Twitter; I have absolutely no understanding of what would make me want to use it over Facebook. The only people I know who use it (Hellsing excluded, I guess) are either narcissists who think people want to know their every uninteresting action or unoriginal thought, or sad-cases desperate to keep up to date with developments such as Stephen Fry's most recent Apple purchase or Johnny Marr's latest bowel movement. I know Facebook suffers from these issues too, to a degree, but the minimalistic format and arbitrarily short message length limit of Twitter seems to have a concentrating effect on such assery. I don't care what anyone says, if something can be expressed fully and in a considered manner in just 255 characters, then it's barely worth saying
    see thats why i like it. you are limited to 140 characters, which means its a lot harder to ramble on and be a douche- that and you choose who to follow that make up your feed of information, maybe you want some movie news, or to send brief little messages to friends. whatever. it just lets me prune out all the bullshit.

United States
    Myspace
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Myspace

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    see thats why i like it. you are limited to 140 characters, which means its a lot harder to ramble on and be a douche- that and you choose who to follow that make up your feed of information, maybe you want some movie news, or to send brief little messages to friends. whatever. it just lets me prune out all the bullshit.
    I guess it's a preference thing. I LIKE it when people "ramble on". Words aren't bad. Sometimes saying something in as few of them as possible isn't the best way to express the interesting aspects of life.

Part of the benefit of having a higher word limit is that it allows people's personalities to come through; using Twitter, no matter who you're following/interacting with, it's always like trying to have a conversation with Ivan Drago.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I guess it's a preference thing. I LIKE it when people "ramble on". Words aren't bad. Sometimes saying something in as few of them as possible isn't the best way to express the interesting aspects of life.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    I only have friends that can string a sentence together

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not a fan of either, really. I had a facebook page under a false name so I could avoid people I didn't want to come into contact with, but got bored after a while and deleted. Fast forward to just recently and my wife FORCED me to have a real facebook page. Why? So she could use it to cheat on that friggin cityville game.

Anyway....she created one for me. So...yeah. Facebook it is, I guess. It is nice to talk to old friends...

I can't stand twitter. A bunch of people thinking they're more important than they really are. Nobody cares what you're eating for dinner, asshole.
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Apr-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Part of the benefit of having a higher word limit is that it allows people's personalities to come through; using Twitter, no matter who you're following/interacting with, it's always like trying to have a conversation with Ivan Drago.
    Haha, never thought of it that way but you're right. Twitter is full of comments like: "Found new store. So awesome! It has nice things."

United States
    Both suck, but I had a FB so I could find out when my 20 year class reunion was, which I missed anyway...
    Other than that, I only look at pics of me/us my parents and sisters post of back in the day.
    FB is kind of killing the net, if you ask me. All the forums I frequented are like ghost towns now.
    And Twitter? Nice way to run down your cell's battery faster. I don't care WTF people are doing every 2 minutes or less.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Indeed. I think Jeremy Klein put it best when he tweeted 'FUCK'.
    Facebook sucks too, I only use it when someone I know sends me a message, which rarely happens.
    Random forums like this one for teh WIN!! Or at least the bi-win.