View Poll Results: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

5 45.45%
  • Decent

3 27.27%
  • Not great, not bad

2 18.18%
  • Totally sucked ass

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So no one here went to see Pirates... I can't believe that!

Administrator

England
    Enjoyed the 1st one... Seeing the 2nd with Wed and really looking forward to it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Is he one of those squid looking dudes? On one of the TV spots it showed one of them and the first thing I thought was that it sounded/looked like Bill Nighy. Except I thought it was a CGI character.....

Ya, the guy with the octipus face is him I figured it out as soon as I saw his eyes. He is so cool!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma
    I hate disney more than I hate House of the Dead, and that's alot.

The movie going experience has become so unpleasent that I almost never go anymore.
    The ghetto broad with the baby with a full diaper who said"it aint your baby, mofo, so mind your own damn bizness" when I went to see Spiderman was pretty much the last straw.
    When I was a kid I saw a movie or two every week. Now it's every year. If even that.
    Long lines, packed houses, crooked seating, bad image, one week in a theatre= I don't care anymore.
    It's not TV or P2P that kills (if it even is actually dying, not sure if I believe that) it would be the experience itself that is the problem.
    its the same were i live theres all these bastard yobs that screw around and even throw drinks at other people and the owners couldnt give two ****s, thats why the last film i saw in the cinema was return of the king.

United States
    ED WOOD ED WOOD!!!!!!

Couldn't help myself. I Loves me that Ed Wood Movie.

When I was a kid in the early eighties we used to smoke out big time (like when I saw ET) so all the yellin wasn't so Bad. And it was 79 cents (!) . Now it's 11 bucks so youse guys better shut up.

There was this palce (sadly closed a couple years ago) called music palace on the Bowery in China town (Manhattan)where for 3 bucks you could see a double feature of Hong Kong Trash awesomeness. You could smoke cigs, and yeah people had smelly ass fett and yabbered on phonres. But that lent itself to the exoticishness. RIP Music Palace. I saw "Trust Me and Die" there and you should too! Kidney stealing Mafia Rape Doctors. HUH!?!?!?

United States
    Jack Sparrow rules and so does PotC 1 and 2! Yah!

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma
    ED WOOD ED WOOD!!!!!!

Couldn't help myself. I Loves me that Ed Wood Movie.

When I was a kid in the early eighties we used to smoke out big time (like when I saw ET) so all the yellin wasn't so Bad. And it was 79 cents (!) . Now it's 11 bucks so youse guys better shut up.

There was this palce (sadly closed a couple years ago) called music palace on the Bowery in China town (Manhattan)where for 3 bucks you could see a double feature of Hong Kong Trash awesomeness. You could smoke cigs, and yeah people had smelly ass fett and yabbered on phonres. But that lent itself to the exoticishness. RIP Music Palace. I saw "Trust Me and Die" there and you should too! Kidney stealing Mafia Rape Doctors. HUH!?!?!?
    I heard about that movie, doesn't involve some superhuman plot or something?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    I've not seen it, but I've heard it's way too long (140+ minutes - b'ave), there isn't nearly enough Jack Sparrow and the Jack they did include was a bit too much - a bit too obvious, a bit winky at the screen.

I still want to see it, I was surprised I really liked the original film, Jack Sparrow is indeed a great character, just going on sources that I trust and have found to match my opinions quite well...

Back to back sequels never work as well as expected (although the Back to the Future trilogy is the only exception, that's an untouchable trilogy ). The problem with back-to-back sequels is both films have the same vibe, and if the vibe isn't 100% then you've got two films both flopping around - like with Matrix 2 and 3 ... I'm always weary of back-to-back sequels.

United States
    Lord of the Rings was all filmed at the same time, and that worked out

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    Lord of the Rings was all filmed at the same time, and that worked out
    I think he may have been talking about sequels that are filmed back-to-back.

Even with your example, I think MZ's theory is still true. I loved "Fellowship" but the other two were just....bleh...

I would like to see someone film the first two films of a franchise back-to-back. I think the only person to ever attempt that was Richard Donner with "Superman I & II". Even though he quit about 3/4 of the way through production on "II".
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Jul-2006 at 01:14 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    But with LOTR it was all done in one big lump and nobody was expecting anything from it already. With films like the Matrix then it's an epic hit followed up by two "bleh" sequels back-to-back (throw in The Animatrix and a bloody crap videogame and the Wachowski's bit off far too much in one bite and they literally choked).

And LOTR was THREE films back-to-back.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    But with LOTR it was all done in one big lump and nobody was expecting anything from it already. With films like the Matrix then it's an epic hit followed up by two "bleh" sequels back-to-back (throw in The Animatrix and a bloody crap videogame and the Wachowski's bit off far too much in one bite and they literally choked).

And LOTR was THREE films back-to-back.
    That's what I was saying except for me, your theory still stands for the "LOTR" trilogy. The first was great and the other two were just okay for a single viewing. I know they were all filmed together, though...

I wonder if a list of all the back-to-back sequels can be found. I would like to see that.

But back on topic....I'm going to try and see "Dead Man's Chest" this week ...

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I've not seen it, but I've heard it's way too long (140+ minutes - b'ave), there isn't nearly enough Jack Sparrow and the Jack they did include was a bit too much - a bit too obvious, a bit winky at the screen.
    The movie run in at about 2 hours 10-15 minutes, but ti goes by rather quick. the ****ty part was 20 minutes of purely crap trailers.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just going quickly off topic (again), I though the entire LOTR trilogy was great. I didn't see them as sequels, it's just another chapter of the movie - essentially it's a 10 hour + movie divided into three, that's how I see it.

Two Towers was my favourite I think - Helms Deep was just fantastic in the cinema.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    SO no one else on this entire message board wen to see Pirates... The whole lot of Zombie fans and no one went to see "Phillip" as Davy Jones.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    SO no one else on this entire message board wen to see Pirates... The whole lot of Zombie fans and no one went to see "Phillip" as Davy Jones.
    I'll wait for it on DVD.....Bill Nighy is the only reason I'm going to give it a chance......I hated Depp in the first one.....he can do much better in a role, IMO. I know it's Disney; and one has to "act" a certain way for a Disney flick, but,....come on!!