View Poll Results: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

5 45.45%
  • Decent

3 27.27%
  • Not great, not bad

2 18.18%
  • Totally sucked ass

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So no one here went to see Pirates... I can't believe that!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

So no one here went to see Pirates... I can't believe that!

So did anyone here go see pirates 2?

If so use the poll to tell us your thoughts.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I abhored the first one and could care less about part 2.

United States
    I hate disney more than I hate House of the Dead, and that's alot.

The movie going experience has become so unpleasent that I almost never go anymore.
    The ghetto broad with the baby with a full diaper who said"it aint your baby, mofo, so mind your own damn bizness" when I went to see Spiderman was pretty much the last straw.
    When I was a kid I saw a movie or two every week. Now it's every year. If even that.
    Long lines, packed houses, crooked seating, bad image, one week in a theatre= I don't care anymore.
    It's not TV or P2P that kills (if it even is actually dying, not sure if I believe that) it would be the experience itself that is the problem.

And all the crap movies. retread kiddie action junk. Vin Diesal. etc etc. Last I saw in a theatre. Land of the Dead.
    Before that Assault on Precinct 13. Knew in the 1st minute (literally) that is was gonna totally suck. And it did big time
    Last edited by coma; 10-Jul-2006 at 12:50 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma
    I hate disney more than I hate House of the Dead, and that's alot.

The movie going experience has become so unpleasent that I almost never go anymore.
    The ghetto broad with the baby with a full diaper who said"it aint your baby, mofo, so mind your own damn bizness" when I went to see Spiderman was pretty much the last straw.
    When I was a kid I saw a movie or two every week. Now it's every year. If even that.
    Long lines, packed houses, crooked seating, bad image, one week in a theatre= I don't care anymore.
    It's not TV or P2P that kills (if it even is actually dying, not sure if I believe that) it would be the experience itself that is the problem.

And all the crap movies. retread kiddie action junk. Vin Diesal. etc etc. Last I saw in a theatre. Land of the Dead.
    Before that Assault on Precinct 13. Knew in the 1st minute (literally) that is was gonna totally suck. And it did big time
    Don't forget the mindless idiots that CANNOT live without their cell phones for the duration of the flick. (To date, I have grabbed and thrown 3 of them.)
    You're right, the experience is horrible these days.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Andreno - I love your cell phone stories.

Pirates II made a record-breaking $132 million in it's opening weekend. I want to see this movie. Loved the first one even though it wasn't what I was lead to believe it would be. I only saw a couple teaser trailers that showed zombie pirates and made it seem like it was going to be a horror... so I rushed out to see it. Not what I expected, but loved it none-the-less. I'm sure the sequel is even better.

United States
    Nope didn't see it. Going to see Superman Returns this weekend though.
    A penny for the old guy.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Don't forget the mindless idiots that CANNOT live without their cell phones for the duration of the flick. (To date, I have grabbed and thrown 3 of them.)
    You're right, the experience is horrible these days.
    God. I could not agree more. People that talk endlessly on a cell in a movie **** me off more than anything. I am going to see the movie this afternoon then I will be back to vote. How about the parents that do not control their children? That is equally annoying. Some people allow their kids to run around the theater yelling and talking and being noisy and it just ruins the whole movie experience.
    Last edited by HLS; 10-Jul-2006 at 07:37 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I enjoyed "Curse of the Black Pearl", but it wasn't anything spectacular. I'm sure I'll get around to see the sequel but I'm in no big hurry. I still have to see "Superman Returns" again before I can see "Dead Man's Chest".

Anyone notice how the tv spots for "Dead Man's Chest" are trying to make the title of the film "hip" or something? I haven't seen one advertisement that actually states the whole name of the film. They only say "PIRATES!". Not "Dead Man's Chest", not "Pirates of the Caribean 2", not even "Pirates 2". Just "PIRATES".

It p*sses me off for some reason. But anyway....I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it. Just about anything with Depp is good anyway....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomOnYou
    depp is more realistic in his role as a butt-pirate
    So you're one of those guys that hates him because he is a successful "heart-throb" that all the ladies enjoy? Alittle jealous?

Ever taken notice to his acting abilities? Damn good....

United States
    Depp has done some decent horror films in the last few years - From Hell, Secret Window and the Ninth Gate.

Not to mention Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Banned User

United States
    I will probably wait for the DVD. I'm living in Brokeville right now.

Banned User

United States

Talking Trivia

I just saw it now. It is a so so movie. I liked it but I thought it was overly drawn out.

A little trivia here, if you have not noticed, the man that played Davy Jones was Bill Nighy who played Shauns father in Shaun of the Dead and as the vampire in Underworld. He makes a great villain. He has those eyes that kinda seem to see right threw you.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS
    I just saw it now. It is a so so movie. I liked it but I thought it was overly drawn out.

A little trivia here, if you have not noticed, the man that played Davy Jones was Bill Nighy who played Shauns father in Shaun of the Dead and as the vampire in Underworld. He makes a great villain. He has those eyes that kinda seem to see right threw you.
    Is he one of those squid looking dudes? On one of the TV spots it showed one of them and the first thing I thought was that it sounded/looked like Bill Nighy. Except I thought it was a CGI character.....
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jul-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomOnYou
    Nah...I'm not into such manly guys...

and I'm really not that impressed by his acting skills... you really think he's a top actor? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention him in a list of great actors...

It's ok if you like depp, i like Dawn's actors, it doesn't mean they were any good
    Yeah, I think he's a great actor. Check out some of his older stuff and you might see what I mean: "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", "Donnie Brasco", "Fear and Loathing...", "Ed Wood", etc., etc.

And I've seen alot of articles and things that say he's one of the "top actors" today. I remember one even comparing him as a modern day Brando....

Not to mention, you have to give him some props for bringing a great Hunter S. Thompson character to the screen and a great George Jung("Blow"). I'm eagerly waiting for him to start work on "The Rum Diaries".....they can't miss with this one.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    So did anyone here go see pirates 2?

If so use the poll to tell us your thoughts.
    I LOVE Jack Sparrow. Even that silly mincing run of his was amusing. Then again I've been a fan of Depp's since "Edward Scissorhands", the end of which always brings a tear.

The only thing I didn't like was the clif hanger ending leading me to cool my heels waiting for the sequel.

M_
    Last edited by Marie; 10-Jul-2006 at 09:45 PM.