Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New *real* "I Am Legend" Trailer

Super Moderator

UK
    *high five for name rape!*

Not in a pro-way, but in a pro-phrase-is-catching-on way.

I'm downloading the trailer now, will watch later. I'll totally watch the film, and you know you will too Neil.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    when i read the book (many years ago), i don't recall anything about the character (forgot his name) trying to come up with a cure for the disease. am i correct? guess they've gotta try to give the character a purpose instead of him just sitting around all day....

secondly, how is he getting electricity to power to run his treadmill? i remember from the book the guy had generators......didn't see anything like that from the trailer.
    I don't know about the book, but in the first two movies based off of it he has a cure for the disease.

Also, why would they waste crucial time in a trailer to show you that he's using a generator? Obviously he is... I don't think it's necessary to be in the trailer.

United States
    Regardless of how "real" any of these posted trailers are, I just saw a legitimate one.

Watching the football game tonight, I just saw a trailer air on TV. So what I saw was definitely legit.

Though not much was shown, it definitely has me interested! This is the first movie in a long time that I actually want to see.

Super Moderator

UK
    The trailer where he's got the infected around him and they scream at him, they looked pretty good there to be honest.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I saw the trailer at IGN in it's entirity and hope stuff like
    Neville going "I can help you!" doesnt get followed by him whipping out a shotgun and going "suckers." or "Alright, **** you then."
    Though I wish it was stared by a nobody.

I saw The Last man on Earth on Youtube (theres a link to a downloadable version on the Wiki pag) and loved every minute of it, I think its a dead cert Romero took some inspiration for Night from this film as well as the book.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As for CGI groups of baddies - how else are you gonna do them?
    Since they're supposed to be infected people, how about using people?

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If they're getting crushed under a 4x4, or leaping around in a way that would be completely un-doable, or really hard to achieve in real life, how else are they going to do them?
    Well, let's see: they remade Planet of the Apes and used CGi to produce impossibly-leaping apes. They used CGI to produce impossibly-leaping robots in I, Robot . Now they're remaking I Am Legend and using CGI to produce impossibly-leaping "infected" people. Do you see the very bad, all-to-predictable pattern yet?

Now I can't fathom why CGI always spells impossibly-leaping something-or-other in the minds of these infantile filmmakers, but the end result is that it always looks fake. Every time. The only reason these practices are accepted by audiences as "cutting edge" is because a majority of the video game generation can't tell the difference between real-life and pixel-life.

And far be it from me to give props to DAWN '04, but to give credit where it's due, at least they didn't go with 100% CGI undead. They actually utilized CGI sparsely to good effect, such as the truck crushing several zombies en route to the loading dock. It's classic cinematic slight-of-hand. You show the audience a real person in one shot and WHAM! the CGI person being ground to a pulp in the next shot has maximum impact.

@Rottedfreak -- check out the official DVD release of Last Man on Earth here. For $10, you'll get a pristine copy of that film, as well as another flick which most likely inspired Romero--Panic in the Year Zero.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Since they're supposed to be infected people, how about using people?

Well, let's see: they remade Planet of the Apes and used CGi to produce impossibly-leaping apes. They used CGI to produce impossibly-leaping robots in I, Robot . Now they're remaking I Am Legend and using CGI to produce impossibly-leaping "infected" people. Do you see the very bad, all-to-predictable pattern yet?

Now I can't fathom why CGI always spells impossibly-leaping something-or-other in the minds of these infantile filmmakers, but the end result is that it always looks fake. Every time. The only reason these practices are accepted by audiences as "cutting edge" is because a majority of the video game generation can't tell the difference between real-life and pixel-life.

And far be it from me to give props to DAWN '04, but to give credit where it's due, at least they didn't go with 100% CGI undead. They actually utilized CGI sparsely to good effect, such as the truck crushing several zombies en route to the loading dock. It's classic cinematic slight-of-hand. You show the audience a real person in one shot and WHAM! the CGI person being ground to a pulp in the next shot has maximum impact.

@Rottedfreak -- check out the official DVD release of Last Man on Earth here. For $10, you'll get a pristine copy of that film, as well as another flick which most likely inspired Romero--Panic in the Year Zero.
    I must admit my first take on the advert was the stupid movement of the 'infected'... Too MTV!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i am expecting nothing from this movie given the involvement of will smith. hopefully i will be surprised. somehow, i think not.

from the trailer it looks like a buddy flick between willenium and his dog.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    One thing that bothers me, these infected look like nothing more then monsters.
    How will they handle the 'living' infected then?
    And in this day and age how would they explain Neville killing them by accident.
    Ruth: "Youve been killing the living, didnt you read the notes?"
    Neville: "No, sorry I suffer dyslexia."

Administrator

England
    Review at AICN... Rating is 'meh'...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34933

Other people are also annoyed at how the 'infected' look CGI and sort of like the bots out of I Robot...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Maybe there's some hope after all? A more positive review...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34999
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's a clip that has a pretty cool vibe to it. Hopefully the rest of the flick will be something like this.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article...th_showing_you

Administrator

England
    It's out here in about three weeks and as long as the reviews remain OK I'll see it... I just know the stupid bouncy CGI vamps will bug the hell out of me though!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i'll probably wait till after it gets to the cheap theaters, then go see it...nothing's worse than a packed movie theater full of teeny-boppers.

Undisclosed
    In the book Neville does look for a cure, he does his research to try and stop the infection of a certain person and of course his dog. This whole movie sucks balls or at least thats my prediction, I like will smith but a role like this needs someone with some serious power behind them.

Im a big fan of the book and its one of my favourite books so to see this being twisted for the mtv generation makes my head hurt, the only silver lining is some people might buy the book.

Jack Nicholson would be good if he was a bit younger..the guy from fight club and american history x? Someone with some pain and some strength behind them. Will smith just seems to lack in my eyes so Ill wait for this film to pop up on the download sites.
    Why arent you laughing?