Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New *real* "I Am Legend" Trailer

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

New *real* "I Am Legend" Trailer

Here's the new "I Am Legend" Trailer and it's a good deal better than the last. We even get some good shots of the creatures.

Check it out over HERE

This only rises the hype for me. I'm definitely checking this out in theater. Well....IMAX so I can see the first 7 minutes of "The Dark Knight", as well.

Dead

Undisclosed
    remember when Ridley Scott was going to direct and the governor of California was going to star? What a change!

I am really looking forward to it though. I think the look of the creatures (vampires?hopefully) is good.

England

Thumbs up My Name is Robert Neville - I am Legend

I've gone from being "horribly disapointed" about Will Smith doing this movie to "I cannot wait to see it!"

His usual wise-ass jokes and smart-ass attitude seem to be suitably missing for this film.

Could be his best role and movie ever.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A-ma-zing. I can't wait for this. It's cool to see him having a dog companion, although it's obvious the dog will die eventually and I'm sure that will be real emotional.

United States
    wow....that trailer has erased almost all doubts i had about this movie. even though i can't stand most of will smith's movies (i refer to him as "the black ben stiller", even though he has had a few more dramatic and better characters than stiller and is a superior actor), i imagine that i'll end up seeing this in theaters....this sneak peek has got me quite intrigued...

however, i do have a few questions from the trailer:

when i read the book (many years ago), i don't recall anything about the character (forgot his name) trying to come up with a cure for the disease. am i correct? guess they've gotta try to give the character a purpose instead of him just sitting around all day....

secondly, how is he getting electricity to power to run his treadmill? i remember from the book the guy had generators......didn't see anything like that from the trailer. maybe they'll put that in, because i seriously doubt the vampires would let the power plant run.

i only watched it once and didn't pay attention to the rating....R? let's hope.

anyways, looks good. this film is officially off my "sh!t list"
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 24-Oct-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Administrator

England
    Sort of looks like I Robot in places? I think it's the obviously CGI groups of baddies (again)...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Looks pretty awesome to me.

As for CGI groups of baddies - how else are you gonna do them? If they're getting crushed under a 4x4, or leaping around in a way that would be completely un-doable, or really hard to achieve in real life, how else are they going to do them?

I think it looks awesome, I'll totally watch it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Looks pretty awesome to me.

As for CGI groups of baddies - how else are you gonna do them? If they're getting crushed under a 4x4, or leaping around in a way that would be completely un-doable, or really hard to achieve in real life, how else are they going to do them?

I think it looks awesome, I'll totally watch it.
    But eveyone of them in the trailer looks CGI
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    You barely see them in the trailer, don't make judgements about something which is barely seen.

Undisclosed
    *Sigh* Maybe one of these days somebody will actually do a faithfull adaption of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    But eveyone of them in the trailer looks CGI
    According to what the director says in the latest issue of Fangoria all of the "infected" (once again, not vampires, like in the damn novel) are 100% cgi.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what was wrong with the vincent price version?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn...why do they have to be 100% CGI???

Oh well. We can at least hope that it's good CGI and it's used to make them look f*cked up.

EDIT: Okay. I now officially don't care about the CGI. Apparently the trailer I put up yesterday is the international trailer. Apple just now released the Domestic Theatrical Trailer and IT - LOOKS - AWESOME.

CHECK THIS OUT
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Oct-2007 at 03:05 PM.

Undisclosed
    The Fountain Soundtrack can make any movie look awsome.....

Ill probally see this on DVD

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    so they're "infected" and not vampires?

and these "infected" are 100% CGI?

still more excited about this than i was before i saw the trailer, so guess we'll see....*crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    *Sigh* Maybe one of these days somebody will actually do a faithfull adaption of the book.

and yeah,i'd much rather see a faithful adaptation to the book, but maybe this won't be too much of a name-rape (look, it's catching on! *nods to mz, hellsing*)
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 24-Oct-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn ****ing straight.