Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Rules of the Dead" Movie? Or is this a Scam?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by KidOmega
    Dawg, I'll call later today...
    FLAME ON!

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    If you are legit then start acting like it.

if you want to discuss your movie go for it, but dont come on here insulting other members just for having a very valid opinion. even for a website that is in beta stage, that looks like something a 10 yr old did in IT class. get over it.

Now as for the rest of your posts, by all means discuss it with other members in a way you feel comfortable. if you are genuine then good luck to you, i hope your movie does well. If you stick around here, and share idea's, discuss roles or whatever, you can learn alot. our members know alot about zombies and the GAR dead universe, you can learn from them if you want to.

on the other hand, if your not legit, which looks more and more likely everytime i see one of your replies, carry on the way your going. get bitchy over every single comment made and start a flame off. but i warn you now boy, even if you were GAR himself, i would not hesitate to ban you once you start insulting these members.
    Hip-Hip-Hooray!
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Undisclosed
    I would be absolutely AMAZED if your budget amounts to even fifty thousand let alone fifty million.
    Throwing around all this bull**** will do you no good in the long run. There is nothing wrong with a small indy production but when you promise a multi-million dollar trilogy produced by George A Romero whatever you eventually do come up with will be laughed into oblivion.

Administrator

England
    that dosn't give you guys license to start flaming either

lets keep it civilised

Undisclosed
    Lets wait until I call them tomorrow... I couldn't call them today cause I was away having fun and resting up for busy monday. I'll tell you guys if it's real or not.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    So did anyone actually phone the guy involved with "Rules of the Dead"?

What happened? Is it legit or not?

Undisclosed

Cool Woahhhh! Why the HATE? :)

I was out of town and out of mind for a few weeks. What's going on? Yes, I agree this is a royal Hose job! Someone who did a movie with Mark Villafane not too long ago is out here in Hollywood "West." He said the guy was and is a total Liar. I really haven't been thinking about this fake GAR movie, then I log on, and get crazy PM's from The directors Brother. Well, Topher Villafane why do I have to call you long distance and waist money that I could spend on watching a real movie? A 50 to 100 million dollar budget movie and no Toll free line? Not only no toll free line, but (Still) a low budget web site, NO word from GAR or his people, and the only press you are getting is BAD press from you on this thread. There are a lot of people who LOVE the GAR dead movies, and by coming on here and screaming the loudest that your movie is real does remind me of a famous quote. "The Lady doth protest too much." That's a popular quote. It seems to hold true here. I'm glad my original post got the fire burning, and made you update your GeoCities. However, it still seems very VERY unlikely that you are involved in any Legit and or Low Budget film. I don't even see proof of being incorporated anywhere. Where can your movies be purchased? Why after doing nothing, and a virtual "nobody" been given 50 million dollars to throw around into a movie with no stars. I understand that you want to cast all east cost talent, but with 50 mill on the line I doubt that any studio would not put even a B-lister in for safety.
    Thus...I believe you are a fake, and I call Shenanigans!! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!!

And No, I will not call you long distance so you can lie to me on my dime. Why did you give your number out to me in a PM? Why not post you “Company” number on a post to everyone? With a simple reverse Phone number search, it turns out the phone isn’t even registered to Hurricane Ent. Films. So…… Shenanigans!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Fizzle
    Thus...I believe you are a fake, and I call Shenanigans!! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!!
    ...woah, god damn i gotta go get my broom!

Undisclosed
    Hey guys!
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I think you guys may be wrong...looks like this IS going into production.

According to their myspace page:
    myspace.com / hurricane_entertainment1
    The movie start per-production in just a few days, and will begin shooting Jan 1, 2007
    They are even having a pool party with the cast, and giving out bonus checks before they start.

I have a friend that was cast in this, and she says that they are giving her $500,000 for acting in the movie...which is pretty sweet seeing that she has never done any acting before.

Plus, with George A. Romero involved, I am sure it has to be legit. I can't wait to see this.

United States
    If I am wrong I apologize, but this sure seems like a plant to me
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    I encourage everyone to go to their myspace page and laugh your ass off. There is so much BS there that your computer will clog. Let's see...where to start... Ok... they have a countdown to PRE-production....Isn't pre production ANYTHING before production?? Next: No agents and all unknown actors are being promised 500,000 for a role (They also said that they did NOT want to go through agents...RED FLAG) Also they have a photo shoot at the directors house. Now that's not too strange, oh wait, you MUST come alone, and bring a bathing suit (NO ONE PIECES)....RED FLAG! Someone had posted a fake myspace page blasting the brothers who are "making" this movie. That page was obvoisly from a girl that they exploited, because she claimed on that page that all the Villifane brothers did was pretend they were making movies so they could sleep with young wannabe actresses....I'm not sure if that page is still up, but it's freakingawesome!

True.
    Last edited by T-Fizzle; 22-Nov-2006 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I went there too and that whole pool party thing was so stupid and cheesy.
    They are handing out 4-5 million in checks? Riiiight.
    George should sue.
    Definately a plant.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's very odd. They're still full of shiv in my book.

United States
    That's fantastic that a guy who's never posted on HPotD before decided to bump a thread promoting it with a private myspace...

Wow.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Undisclosed
    I can't believe he mis-spells his own name in the DNS registration!
    Mark Vil(l)afane...