Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rules of the Dead" Movie? Or is this a Scam?

Undisclosed

"Rules of the Dead" Movie? Or is this a Scam?

So there are auditions in Orlando for a Romero Dead flick called "Rules of the Dead" The website for the comapany who claims to be making the movie is kind of crappy, but they claim to have a 50 million budget, and George Romero is exec producing the movie. It doesn't look legit, so I was wondering if you guys heard anything. The website is here, and it looks very home made.
    URL REMOVED
    I think it's crap.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Feb-2007 at 11:23 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....it definitely looks home made. But then again.....maybe Romero has agreed to Exec. Produce.....Who knows?

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    I googled it and it appears they really are making the film. Some staff of ?horrorweb.com? are involved.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomOnYou
    50 mil budget and a 50 centwebsite? c'mon, we're not that stupid
    i never saw the 50 million statement. but it just looks like they're blowing smoke about Romero trying to get some free publicity for their two-dollar movie. i'm sure they'll apologetically announce that Romero has declined in a few weeks/months.

Here they announce "final negotations" with "george"
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    That website looks like total crap on every single page.
    I call fake on that

United States
    Anyone interested enough to research further, here is the contact info for the website.

Administrative Contact:
    Vilafane, Mark hurricane6032@aol.com
    Hurricane Entertainment
    6224 Raleigh St # 802
    Orlando, Florida 32835
    United States
    4077011727 Fax -- 4072919833

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    Anyone interested enough to research further, here is the contact info for the website.

Administrative Contact:
    Vilafane, Mark hurricane6032@aol.com
    Hurricane Entertainment
    6224 Raleigh St # 802
    Orlando, Florida 32835
    United States
    4077011727 Fax -- 4072919833

I sent an email politely asking if this was a shamless attempt to draw attention to his project and business. I also asked him why his website was so ****ty.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    I sent an email politely asking if this was a shamless attempt to draw attention to his project and business. I also asked him why his website was so ****ty.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    You gotta let us know his exact response!

Undisclosed

that fake GAR zombie movie

I just talked to someone who knows the director, and said the guys a nut. He said this guy has no credibility, and is a HUGE liar. A lot of Smoke up a few asses. I'm really interested to see if anyone gets a response from emailing him, or even Better, if George emails him himself.

United States

His response.....Duh Da Duhn!!!!

> Who is this? My personal E-mail is not given anywhere on the site so
    > whoever
    > wrote this is a coward. But hide behind some fake name. In case you were
    > wondering the website is in a BETA form and we have not called attention
    > to it, nor
    > have we made any public annoucement that the project is in production. We
    > at
    > the very core are trying to keep this project in Florida to help promote
    > and
    > help the industry we have here. People like you only hurt it. So either
    > you are
    > man/woman enough to say who this is ~ or ~ hide behind the fact that you
    > are
    > a artist that is probably still struggling and headed to a life of
    > bull****
    > independant films and projects , which equate to loser! Either way
    > remember
    > this your mother is a whore! Good Luck and bye, bye!
    >

my response:

At the Homepage of the Dead forums, we were checking out your project. Some guy posted your email address. If you're really doing this, we'd be excited. Your response makes it seem even more improbable.
    That's my real name, Stephen Luke Long. My ISP reveals my region, Shreveport, Louisiana. I'm a Romero fan and a Computer Information Systems student. Don't give yourself a stroke, buddy. I'm sorry I struck a nerve.
    Last edited by radiokill; 05-Aug-2006 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hahaha, he doesnt even speak proper english i bet its some overwieght guy who lives in his parents basement learning html between bouts of world of warcraft.

its lum the fat all over again.

wait he said independant projects equate to a loser?

yeah and working for the remake industrys kicking ass.

dude sounds like an r-2-d-tard to me, simple as.

actually having checked out the site im amazed some people thought so in the first place, it makes any geocities site look cutting edge my html site i made for my a level in media studies was way more complex now im sure its bull, but just in case i recommend emailing romeros official site to let then know about the name dropping.
    Last edited by Danny; 05-Aug-2006 at 09:21 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, that looks so dodgy to me...either that or it's just some terrible web design.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    I regret to announce that GAR is unavailable for the executive producer role on "Rules of the Dead" (What a great title!!!) as he has already promised to pop around and paint my spare bedroom

In regards to the wildman who is posting this crap on his tinpot "website" ... I would like to wear a suit made from his skin and dance around an open field in the moonlight ...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    I regret to announce that GAR is unavailable for the executive producer role on "Rules of the Dead" (What a great title!!!) as he has already promised to pop around and paint my spare bedroom

In regards to the wildman who is posting this crap on his tinpot "website" ... I would like to wear a suit made from his skin and dance around an open field in the moonlight ...