Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Promo Trailer and Footage from Romero's Survival of the Dead!

Super Moderator

UK
    I think one element that causes the uneven footing when a new GAR flick rocks up, is you never quite know what you're going to get. It's always behind a curtain, or quite obscured, for the longest time and then it's revealed.

You never quite know what you're going to get, or what you should expect. Whereas with many of us here, we came to GAR's movies after the fact, so they just were.

If that makes sense?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think one element that causes the uneven footing when a new GAR flick rocks up, is you never quite know what you're going to get. It's always behind a curtain, or quite obscured, for the longest time and then it's revealed.

You never quite know what you're going to get, or what you should expect. Whereas with many of us here, we came to GAR's movies after the fact, so they just were.

If that makes sense?
    Makes perfect sense.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

If that makes sense?
    Definitely, a huge point in all of this.

When the originals are built up to such a legendary status, they're never going to be beaten by a movie sandwiched in between all the things that annoy us about modern film...

Just think, when Dawn was made, it had the same annoying habits that movies of that genre/period had - its just that we've accepted them to the point of not seeing them...

Nowadays if someone in a movie walks down a cellar with nothing but a nightgown and a candle we all scream "oh purrlease!!" - back in the 70s that may not have been such an issue...

Now, does THAT make sense?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Definitely, a huge point in all of this.

When the originals are built up to such a legendary status, they're never going to be beaten by a movie sandwiched in between all the things that annoy us about modern film...

Just think, when Dawn was made, it had the same annoying habits that movies of that genre/period had - its just that we've accepted them to the point of not seeing them...

Nowadays if someone in a movie walks down a cellar with nothing but a nightgown and a candle we all scream "oh purrlease!!" - back in the 70s that may not have been such an issue...

Now, does THAT make sense?
    Yes, it does. Which why despite heated protests otherwise, I wonder how people will look back on the new ones 20 years from now, or kinds 20 years in the future discovering them for the first time. Also why I try to take as mellow an approach as possible when approaching the newer films, keeping context in mind, etc.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I think that looks awesome!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicycho View Post
    I think that looks awesome!
    x2

The slapstick element is something i love and other people probably don't like about this
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Almost got a twist of Zombieland humour in it don't you think?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan