Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Promo Trailer and Footage from Romero's Survival of the Dead!

Undisclosed

New Promo Trailer and Footage from Romero's Survival of the Dead!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    That looked like great cheeseball fun! It looks really, really campy and unscary, like Big Trouble in Little China with zombies. Before you even look at this trailer, you'd better put all po-faced "classic Romero" thoughts out of your head, SWITCH YOUR BRAIN OFF, and just prepare to laugh. I'm actually really looking forward to this, but not in the way I expected.

That said, I have a horrible feeling that the trailer just showed me every single zombie kill in the movie.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 31-Oct-2009 at 07:53 PM.

capncnut
    I was just about to leave the house to see Survival and I see this thread. I think the trailer looks alright and I'm looking forward to seeing it a little bit more now. I'll be sure to post my thoughts later tonight or tomorrow morning.

ViP

United States
    Looks like they didn't hold back on the CGI.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Looks like they didn't hold back on the CGI.
    The CGI exploding head was okay, it was cartoonish and it seems to fit the vibe. The burning skull at the end, though, that was a little crappy looking.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I LMAO the whole time..... I will still check it out, but I witnessed a zombie on horseback, more smart zombie antics, and just overal B-movi cheeseball fun.

I dunno I may enjoy this, plus I will admit the cinematography looks decent, at least some of the shots look nice.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Before you even look at this trailer, you'd better put all po-faced "classic Romero" thoughts out of your head, SWITCH YOUR BRAIN OFF, and just prepare to laugh. I'm actually really looking forward to this, but not in the way I expected.
    Agreed. Looks like a good ZOMBIE MOVIE, if you don't go into it w/ any GAR baggage per se. I can see where the "western" vibe is coming from in the setting/look of the film. Looks interesting.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive avoided most survival stuff till now but that looks really cool, a lot more action than the melancholy grey-ness of land and diary. cant wait to see it.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Looks quite fun. Hope I'll enjoy it.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    This has certainly turned the tide for me...looks great fun and with that slightly ironic edge...pure Romero...some great gore by the looks of it and some LOL moments... :0)

BRING IT ON!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    How much does this trailer give away? Is it really that spoiler heavy?
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Gives virtually zero plot away but a good half of the FX.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It's mostly gags that I'd already heard about. But there's about four or five major zombie kills shown in the trailer - three or so CGI kills, a couple practical effects too. They are memorable ones, so it depends how spoiler-sensitive you are.

Me, I'm not bothered about seeing the odd spoiler because my enjoyment of a movie comes from the holistic experience of seeing it all happen in the context of the film, and just because I've seen parts of it before doesn't detract from my enjoyment of seeing the whole thing come together. Your mileage may differ, though.

But it doesn't give away the ending or anything, if that's what you mean.

United States
    I think GAR realized before a lot of did that there is just no way to top the original trilogy, not even for him.

These last three films are "just for fun", and this one looks like it will be great if taken in that context. I believe that Romero can bring to a zombie flick things that no one else touch and that is how I will view this one.

-stray-

United States
    Thanks, guys, I guess I didn't want to spoil all the gags but I'm not too sure I can wait for this, lol

I mean, we don't even have a release date yet!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."