Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Our British Friends

England
    Remember about 10 years ago there was media talking heads trying to matchmake William & britney spears? All I can say is well dodged William! Shame about his thatch though, he's a right baldy for a lad his age!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The prince and Spears? Was there any real truth to that or just tabloid gossip?

I personally can't say much about the hair. I'm right there with him in that department. It's going fast...

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Judging by the reponses I got in the shoutbox the other day.....most of our UK members don't really give a shit about it...
    They doth protest too much. I think the uk nonchalance is more a fashionable affect than a reality.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Shame about his thatch though, he's a right baldy for a lad his age!
    goddamn, you chaps sure got a way with words.

and i'd give up my magnificent mane to be that rich and all up in that princess for life. lucky dog...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and i'd give up my magnificent mane to be that rich and all up in that princess for life. lucky dog...
    I already did, & got jack shit in return.

I wuz robbed.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Remember about 10 years ago there was media talking heads trying to matchmake William & britney spears? All I can say is well dodged William! Shame about his thatch though, he's a right baldy for a lad his age!

i woulda did her............notice i didnt say marry......

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    Not Dead Yet ... wait, that's python.

Just did a quick google and 'Yes.' Rowan was in attendance as a friend of the royals.

Wayne Z
    'There! He said it again! "
    Monty Python & The Holy Grail ( like you didn't know. )
    Oh, answering my own post ... this is good.

But there was a moment during the ceremony when they sang the hymn 'Jerusalem. '
    "And did these feet, in ancient times, Walk upon England's mountain green? "

"There! They said it again. "

I had a python moment ( not to mention a Chariots of Fire moment. )

"Oh dear, he's put a bag over his head. Now I have to go stand in the tea chest. "
    cue to several men standing in a chest singing 'England's mountain green. '

Next segment; "It's a Mans Life, upon England's Mountain Green. "

Ya hafta love Monty Python.

Wayne Z ( brought to you by, Confuse A Cadaver Ltd. Also Unhinge the Undead, Gull A Ghoul and Befuddle A Flesh Eater. )
    Lemon Curry?
    And now for something completely the same. A Romero Zombie on a horse.
    (cue stock footage of an audience of old ladies clapping. )

United States

England

Ouch! But still, he's married a stunner, make no mistake! So far I'm 29 and still have a thick head of long hair, but if I take after my dad at all it'll start to go in my 30's

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    theres no royalty here, they didnt even invite our president.
    I suspect because he doesnt much like the British, especially the monarchy which harks back to the colonial days which is where his grievances seem to lie...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Oh sure. Trust MZ to interject a bunch of LOGIC, & REEEEASON into the conversation & go making a bunch of good points....
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    theres no royalty here, they didnt even invite our president. so why was it on all channels? doesnt change my life one way or the other.
    I believe that's because it was classed as a "semi-state occasion" - which is why Tony Blair and Gordon Brown weren't invited.

Also interesting to note, friends & family out-numbered official invites (like Sultans, and shite) ... if I recall all the info from yesterday, that's the first time that's ever happened.

Can't recall the Britney Spears thing, or can I? Actually maybe that does ring a bell ... *shudders* ... yeah he dodged a bullet there!

He takes after his father with the hair, doesn't he? Although Charles' isn't as thin as William's is now oddly enough. Wills should shave it all over and go for the 'full Vin Diesel'.

Ouch! But still, he's married a stunner, make no mistake! So far I'm 29 and still have a thick head of long hair, but if I take after my dad at all it'll start to go in my 30's

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I suspect because he doesnt much like the British, especially the monarchy which harks back to the colonial days which is where his grievances seem to lie...
    He married a stunner alright. I chuckled at Kevin Smith's take on the whole thing - 2 billion people cheering on a guy who was so getting laid last night.

Yeah - Obama wouldn't be there due to the "semi-state" occasion, so they wouldn't have to invite him, you know? It was weird seeing "Red Ed" Milliband and his (finally) soon-to-be Missus there ... methinks they're staunch republicans on any other day of the week. Funny how some right moaner's opinions of the Royal Family can change once they're invited, eh?

Neil - there was some mug put out t'other week with a slogan along the lines of "I couldn't care less about the Royal Wedding" - selling for £15 - anyone who bought one of those is both A) A complete chump with more money than sense, and B) Completely lacking in irony.

It really is funny how a small minority of grumps have banged on in the media about "couldn't care less about it" on every TV channel, in every newspaper, and on every radio station they can manage.

Undisclosed
    Funny, the Britney thing, since that's what the press has been nicknaming Harrys sometimes girl, Chelsy Davy.
    I'd thought, when Harry and Pippa were together, that maybe he should just put the moves on her instead, trade up as it were. As the other middleton girl, she impressed for sure.

Wayne Z

England
    A quick google brings it up http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1779423.stm

As for Harry, that Chelsea Davey is a bit of alright, but looks miserable in nearly every photo I've seen of her, and the other Middleton definitely looks like she'd be worth a bit of "hows your father"....

United States
    It was nice I guess to see something on TV other than
    the usual gloom and doom stuff about wars and the economy
    and Donald Trump wanting to see the godamn birth certificate.

I wonder if you asked Trump to provide the birth certificates
    of all the people he makes work the shitty jobs in his hotels
    how fast he would do it.

But I wish them a happy marriage.
    Lord knows marriage itself is tough but
    to have all that attention on them 24/7 must suck.

Also, had to be uncomfortable for Prince William
    at his bachelor party seeing how
    all the bills he stuffed into the strippers g-strings
    had his Grandmother's face on them.

Her first Royal 'job'...
    Last edited by kortick; 30-Apr-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: correction

United States

Don't know if that's Photoshop, or just a coincidence, but it's damn funny either way.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    You're congratulating me on this!? Serious bro?

Crazy world we live in.

Confederation of British Industry put the total cost at £6bn, we made back 2bn, so that's a cost of £4bn but I think those estimates were a bit over the top.

Either way....I cannot, absolutely cannot for the life of me understand why people would put up a middle class art student and a balding inbred on a pedestal above all others and be suitably distracted by all the shit that's happening in Haiti (eating "mud cookies" to survive) Syria, Libya, etc.

I don't really care if that offends or gets the royalists/conservatives here off their bar stools...there's no doubt about it, the sheer number of people who paid £75 to camp in Clapham Common, four miles from the actual event, tells you the level of fever attached to this sillyness. Madness. I got better things to waste my time on both on this board and in my day to day life.

KM's quite a dish though, her sis is pretty smokin' too. I blame Harry Potter for all this.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 30-Apr-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: fact checked
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.