Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "The Road Is the Most Important Movie of the Year"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

i think she intentionally broke off with him in a cruel way to make him harsh, better to live rough than be too trusting in a world full of cannibals.
    at least i think that was her train of thought

Super Moderator

UK
    Damnit, when's this movie gonna come to my nearest Cineworld?

Great Britain
    "The Road is the most depressing Movie of the Year"

Watched it last night and god its depressing, don't get me wrong everything about it is really good the acting, special effects etc.

Not a film to watch if your after some entertainment.

But a film to watch if your after a good story and Acting.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Damnit, when's this movie gonna come to my nearest Cineworld?
    It's not on at my local Cineworld either, and only on the smallest screen at my other local.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Cineworld sucks ass. Overpriced food, loud ADD teenagers laughing and talking on their phones through every movie, unhelpful and rude staff, bland choice of films, ignorant people walking out of movies halfway through, etc.

The Road is playing at most small arthouse/cult/independent theatres in the UK, if there's one of those near you, give them your support instead, I say.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 14-Jan-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Cineworld sucks ass. Overpriced food, loud ADD teenagers laughing and talking on their phones through every movie, unhelpful and rude staff, bland choice of films, ignorant people walking out of movies halfway through, etc.

The Road is playing at most small arthouse/cult/independent theatres in the UK, if there's one of those near you, give them your support instead, I say.
    And therein lies the problem. We've got sod all choice around here for cinemas basically, and the only 'art house' type cinema, is actually just a normal cinema (a small one screener, but done up like the old school cinema it once was many moons ago) - which just shows movies that have been out for about a month, and rarely screens something other than the big ticket items.

So I'll just have to wait.

Prime time tickets at my Cineworld at £6.80 - another 10p more expensive now (the pre-5pm likewise went up), so I'm going to try and stick to pre-5pm showings as much as possible from now on - but if I went to the other nearest Cineworld it'd be one or two quid more than that.

Staff wise they're alright. There's a couple of them who are actually quite cool and switched on, while the ones that aren't so switched on are just slow, and only when it comes to serving food - goodness knows why it takes them so long to serve food, and why so few tills are opened for such transactions ... but as I don't buy food at the cinema as it's ludicrously expensive and I don't need the wasted calories, then it doesn't affect me.

As for the audiences, surprisingly, the vast majority of the time there is never any problem. Everybody's very British about it, which is kinda surprising as the area where the cinema is doesn't exactly scream "you'll get a good cinema-going experience here" what with chavs patrolling the dual carridgeway on BMXs and gangs of teenage mums strolling along smoking etc.

But I guess as there's little choice in our area, it brings in all the good people around here too, so that helps. Very rarely has there been a moderate douchebag in a screening I've gone to.

Administrator

England
    And therein lies the problem. We've got sod all choice around here for cinemas basically, and the only 'art house' type cinema, is actually just a normal cinema (a small one screener, but done up like the old school cinema it once was many moons ago) - which just shows movies that have been out for about a month, and rarely screens something other than the big ticket items.

So I'll just have to wait.

Prime time tickets at my Cineworld at £6.80 - another 10p more expensive now (the pre-5pm likewise went up), so I'm going to try and stick to pre-5pm showings as much as possible from now on - but if I went to the other nearest Cineworld it'd be one or two quid more than that.

Staff wise they're alright. There's a couple of them who are actually quite cool and switched on, while the ones that aren't so switched on are just slow, and only when it comes to serving food - goodness knows why it takes them so long to serve food, and why so few tills are opened for such transactions ... but as I don't buy food at the cinema as it's ludicrously expensive and I don't need the wasted calories, then it doesn't affect me.

As for the audiences, surprisingly, the vast majority of the time there is never any problem. Everybody's very British about it, which is kinda surprising as the area where the cinema is doesn't exactly scream "you'll get a good cinema-going experience here" what with chavs patrolling the dual carridgeway on BMXs and gangs of teenage mums strolling along smoking etc.

But I guess as there's little choice in our area, it brings in all the good people around here too, so that helps. Very rarely has there been a moderate douchebag in a screening I've gone to.
    My local cinemas do basically half price on Tuesdays, so that's about the only day I go...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    what with chavs patrolling the dual carridgeway on BMXs
    You have BMX gangs down there!? That's awesome!

It won't be long now:

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Can you count, suckers!?

Scotland
    No reason. I just like doing things like that!

Super Moderator

UK
    You have BMX gangs down there!? That's awesome!

It won't be long now:
    lol ... well it does feel a bit like that when you cross the bridge to the other side of the city (I did that once when I got lost leaving the cinema), but it's not quite that yet ... yet ... they're not organised enough for it, and probably not clever enough ... yet.

The Warriors is a freaking awesome movie btw.

Scotland
    lol ... well it does feel a bit like that when you cross the bridge to the other side of the city (I did that once when I got lost leaving the cinema)
    When you were trying to get home, did you pass a radio that said:
    Be lookin' good, MZ. All the way back to Coney. Ya hear me, baby? Good. Re-e-al good. Adios.

Super Moderator

UK
    When you were trying to get home, did you pass a radio that said:
    Be lookin' good, MZ. All the way back to Coney. Ya hear me, baby? Good. Re-e-al good. Adios.
    Now that you mention it...

United States
    I just saw it tonight. I got there a few minutes late while Viggo was talking so I dunno what caused it all but I definitely liked the movie.
    Alot of people said it was kind of slow, but I disagree. I love it when I don't even think about checking my cellfone clock.
    I give it an A.
    I personally would eat human flesh to survive. Not a problem here.
    I wish you knew what caused it all. I'm guessing there were no more animals left? Not even fish to snag? The only thing I saw them eat were bugs.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I personally would eat human flesh to survive. Not a problem here.
    i guess that most of us would, if it came to that.

not something we like to think about but i think most folks would if it were a matter of life and death. but i don't think i'd murder someone just to eat them.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."