Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Road Is the Most Important Movie of the Year"

Administrator

England

"The Road Is the Most Important Movie of the Year"

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

seriously though...I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - noiiice.

Couldn't be arsed to read the whole article, I mean - 4 sodding pages?!

Anyway - regardless, I've read the book and I'm so up for the movie. Bring it on, most definitely.

Administrator

England
    Trailer! (which I'm not watching!)

Don't forget you can visit the YouTube page and go HQ

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Well, it's directed by John Hillcoat, who directed The Proposition, which was incredible. So yeah, I'm up for it. Trailer looks like a cross between The Road Warrior and Deliverance.

Cool.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well, it's directed by John Hillcoat, who directed The Proposition, which was incredible. So yeah, I'm up for it. Trailer looks like a cross between The Road Warrior and Deliverance.

Cool.
    No! Not going to watch it! Can't make me!!! No no no!
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Trailer! (which I'm not watching!)

Don't forget you can visit the YouTube page and go HQ

Oh that looks BAD ASS. I am so into seeing this flick.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    I read the first page and the last page of the review and didn't feel I missed anything. Let's hope the movie far surpasses the review, as I've only heard good things about the book...though I heard far too much of the ending, I'm afraid

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i read the book (in damn near one sitting) and loved it. i'll probably see the movie too.

the trailer looks decent.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    1) I read the book, and it rocked.

Actually, the reason I read it, was that I got involved in a YouTube collaborative film project called "Road Movie", which was to do with Frieze Film 2008 - it was based on "The Road", and the four short films were shown in October 2008 on Channel 4 under the "3 Minute Wonder" title of programming.

2) That trailer looks super awesome.

Mind you, I'm fed up of this "glitchy footage" schtick - it was old last year, now it's just older.

Also, they seem to have amped up the action elements of the story, or at least that's how the trailer makes it look, in fact the trailer has all that 'action movie slam bang editing' that I'm so sick of these days ... but methinks it's a ploy to get more viewers, as if the film is really like the book, it should be far more sedate and meandering.

3) Woo, Garrett Dillahunt!

4) It's a movie of The Road - ergo, AWESOME-AGE.

5) The scene in the book where:

they go into that cellar in the house - which is infact the house of some cannibals - and find a bunch of people tied up, and one has their leg already hacked off (and obviously, it's been eaten), was shocking in the book - stunning rather - that left a real impression, and it was such a well written chunk of the book, it was truly gripping - and it's just words on a page.

There seems to be a shot or two relating to it in the trailer, so hopefully that scene will be as horrifying and gripping as it was in the book.

Bring it considerably on, yes sir!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-May-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Trailer looks like a cross between The Road Warrior and Deliverance.
    Aussie Deliverance? "C'mon mate, squeal like a pig! Crikey, he's got a bonzer of a mouth on him, don't he?"
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Aussie Deliverance? "C'mon mate, squeal like a pig! Crikey, he's got a bonzer of a mouth on him, don't he?"

Can't see either the trailer or the article from work. Alas. I am excited about this movie tho!!! I loved the book.
    Last edited by clanglee; 15-May-2009 at 09:08 PM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    "C'mon mate, squeal like a pig! Crikey, he's got a bonzer of a mouth on him, don't he?"
    is that a deleted scene from "crocodile dundee?"
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    The film was shot in Pittsburgh, so it has some good karma going for it as well.
    Last edited by thxleo; 17-May-2009 at 03:08 AM.

Administrator

England
    Five long clips... I'm not watching them as I don't want to know anything (more) about the film until I watch it...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/5-Har...oad-14642.html
    -Carl Sagan