Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Rules of the Dead" Movie? Or is this a Scam?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    If you guys have proof that this is not on the up and up, please let me know. But if not...shut your faces!
    Yassah Boss.
    I mean
    PLANTY McPLANTPANTS
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    But if not...shut your faces!
    Oh yeah, there's a nice way to join a community, eh?

How about - does anyone have any evidence this is real, as there seems to be f*ck all beyond the private MySpace account. And surely - if GAR was involved like was originally stated, he'd have said something by now in an interview - we would have also heard some other stuff about this from various horror sights - as far as I've seen - fudge all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to quote jeff goldblum "that is one big pile of ****", just add the word 'bull' were you deem it appropriate in said quote.

Kazakhstan

Undisclosed
    Anyone send anything to GAR? What's the email for his people, and I'll find out what going on.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Rules of the Dead

I am willing to discuss this movie and Romero's involvement. Who is the head honcho in this group? I can call them and talk about who is and who isn't onboard.

I do want to make one comment; I am not sure why all the people who post on this thread want to see us fail? It is sad and pathetic, you do not even know us. Anyone who has ever made (or attempted) a movie will tell you that the odds are so against the production and it doesn't help when the community that you support (Romero, HOPTD, Zombie movies, Genre fans, etc.) are so quick to throw you under the bus. So who is in charge? Let's get to the bottom of this.

hey guys,
    How about we all get together in one of the chat rooms tonight or tomorow(?) This way we can get to the bottom of all the misconceptions and accusations that are being thrown around. Who wants to organize this?
    Last edited by Rulesofthedead; 18-Dec-2006 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Give us his agents number and we will call. Saying that you have his agents number proves nothing. I can pay the same money that you did on imdb to get it. Give us the number and let one of us call his people. IF you are on the up and up I'm sure they will back you guys right up. But honestly, this projects smells like you were talking big hoping that big talking would get you big investors. I see your production starting date has been pushed back 4 or 5 times. That is a big sign that you aren't getting the investors you hoped from this lie. I understand your idea. It was a brave idea. I'm sure you thought when all was said and done, you would get the money to make this movie, and the story of how you had to lie to get a buzz going to get money would be kinda funny.
    Your idea backfired.
    I can promise nobody who works for your production company will ever get legit work because of your serious ethics problem. IF this lie was all on one person, it's a shame, but it looks like at least 3 people were involved. The poor YOUNG actresses that are being used by the VILLAFANE brothers. The lies that they are telling these women are dangerous, and I wouldn't be surprised if one presses charges of fraud against them.

Undisclosed
    Hey! Why get so worked up about it. I heard GAR say that he was making Diary of the Dead in an interview, and nothing about this Rules of the Dead. It all looks phoney to me, so why not just forget about it.

Undisclosed
    I guess what get me, is that I talked to one of the girls "Working" on the movie. She is very young. It's clear that she is being used. She is smart enough to see what's going on, and she said she would watch out for herself. She is also VERY suspicious about how this movie is going down. I worry about her still because of some of the things she said the promised her. Things that can't be promised.
    There are a lot of people on this site working very hard to make a low budget horror movie, and they are doing it right. These guys are liars to the point where it is dangerous. It's just going to make it harder for other people to make zombie movies down the road.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

defending myself....

T-fizzle,
    It’s so easy for you to throw stones over the internet. Like some pathetic troll out to tarnish anyone and everyone who is trying to make it. I personally have not lied to anyone concerning this film and I am trying my hardest to keep this alive. You make accusations like a child without so much as a name to back this up. What young girl are you referring to? We obviously know you or someone close to you and your soul point is to disparage my name. WHY? What did we do to you? Now you say at least three people lied; who and what about? Again I have made the challenge out there to anyone who wants to talk; call me, or I will call you. T-fizzle I’m sure that a “Baller” like you can spend three dollars and talk to me for a few minutes. Or at the very least ask your mom if you can make a long distance call; I’m sure she will say yes! This goes for anyone out there. Call me and talk to me; don’t hide behind a bull**** screen name. Thanks.

P.S.
    There are no young girls working on this movie! but you are going to argue different; at least tell me what was promised to her?
    Last edited by Rulesofthedead; 31-Jan-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Undisclosed
    Err.... The link isn't working. It gives me a phisher site.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive come to realise something.

who gives a crap?, now at first i like many was going "oh it says its a romero associated movie or whatever and all that, but is any gonna see it?
    show of hands?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Right. We all know it's bullshiv. This most likely won't ever be made and Romero never had anything to do with it (and 99% likely never even heard of it).

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

someone stand up..

T-Fizzle says it's a scam and ~ then it's a scam, so says T-fizzle and you all come out of the wood work. Why can't one of you be respectful and call me? Let "ME" tell you Romero's involvement or lack of and answer the questions that T-fizzle and his mole are throwing out there. I have never said that Romero is directing, acting or producing this film. It's sad the way you all are acting.

Even someone like Minionzombie who is a moderator on this site would let you guys flame me and my company for unfounded comments on one persons behalf. Very Sad!

He is the only one saying it's a $50,000,000.00 million dollar budget, or that we aren’t going with a casting agency, 500,000.00 dollar paychecks for non-actors and a pool party, and God knows whatever. Anyway, I implore one of you to step forward and discuss this with me. P.M. me and we can arrange to talk. Or if you want to discuss it here ask me the questions and I will answer them! That simple.

Can't anyone see that T-fizzle joined in August of 2006 and immediately began attacking me and the production? We believe that T-fizzle is or was at one time associated with this project and is airing out his grievance. Since August he has posted 13 times and 11 are soley for Rules of the Dead! People wake up and either let me clear the air or do the right thing and back off!
    Last edited by Rulesofthedead; 01-Feb-2007 at 08:22 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok...

please don't PM me about stuff that has to do with this movie, or people giving you a hard time. No one is going to hold your hand and walk you through the valley of darkness. Here are my thoughts on this situation.

#1. if this was a $50 million flick, you wouldn't be in here. There is a guy making a $500,000 documentary about George and his work, and he doesn't even post that much about it.

#2. If the DAWN remake, LAND, and DIARY couldn't get $50 million dollar budgets, then there is no way RUles of the Dead will get a $50 million budget. The last zombie film to see a budget even close to that was Resident Evil 2 and that was only because it is a video game based movie.

#3. If George is involved, wouldn't this have been announced by now, and no one having $50 million bucks would use the standard go daddy software to design their website. It would be in flash or php.

Look I am not trying to razz you or put you down further, but coming onto a forum and saying... "GAR is EXEC Producing my ZED flick for $50 million" only sets you up to be laughed at, ridiculed, and makes your reputation questionable. We all understand your enthusiam for zombie films, and speaking as a filmmaker I would love a $50 million dollar budget to make a zombie film, but that just ain't going to happen, even for George Romero.

You can do two things right now. You can continue your possible charade, and I say possible because if it is true I will be the first to whole heartedly apologize to you for doubting you.

Or

You can admit you are TRYING to get something done and you over exaggerated it in hopes of garnering more attention to the project. If you end admitting it was bull****, I can forgive you and just let bygones be bygones. I cannot speak for the rest of homepage of the dead. Each member has to make up his or her own mind on how they will accept you if it turns out you are lying and admit it. If you do admit it, I am sure, most of us being adults will forgive and just drop the subject.

Balls in your court.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*