Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only in the US

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK

Need I picture tag more to express my exasperation?!

Also, that bunny is cute ... I want one ... ... and I actually like that license plate.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Her skin grew around the seat?!?!? That's a disturbing image.

For some reason I'm reminded of Lethal Weapon 2...

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Only in the US? you trolling Neil?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    that is one of the craziest god damn things i have ever read. two years!! wow.

both suffering from "diminished mental capacity" - no sheyat.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Only in the US? you trolling Neil?
    Well, I've never heard of these things happening anywhere else.

In fact, I think the U.S. is the only place where you can get a pair of jeans in a store that's over a 40"
    waist.

United States
    So there's not fat british people then. . right? Our inbreds are poor, true. Your's ruled the country for hundreds of years!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    So there's not fat british people then. . right? Our inbreds are poor, true. Your's ruled the country for hundreds of years!!!
    no didn't you know that all europeans are cognac sipping, worldly philosophers each with several advanced university degrees.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well, I've never heard of these things happening anywhere else.
    Dude, then you don't read much. The most bizarre stories I see coming from any country is Germany...hands down.

It usually involves a mummified corpse or cannibalism.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Dude, then you don't read much. The most bizarre stories I see coming from any country is Germany...hands down.

It usually involves a mummified corpse or cannibalism.
    Of course, but overweight people fusing with toilet seats is what I was on about and not bizarre stuff in general.

Hell, your country's biggest musical icon, Elvis Presley, went the same way. Well, sorta...
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Mar-2008 at 05:06 AM. Reason: No reason

Super Moderator

UK
    Stepping in here...personally, if someone mentioned a 'fat person fused to something' story, I'd automatically think "America"...other stories I'd not be so quick to stereotype, but everytime I hear of some hugely obese person fusing to their sofa (or in this case bog) or having to be carted out of their house - VIA A REMOVED WALL - it's always in America.

This isn't anti-America at all, so don't be twisting my words. I've got no beef with America, or at very least, no more beef than any other country (the whole 'popular to hate America' thing amongst sixth formers in this country just sickens me, it's just lame ... like wannabe goths (like those on South Park )

Anyway...where was I? Erm ... aye, for stories involving grossly obese people, my mind does automatically think of America as that's usually where those stories originate from...not all the time, but the ones I remember do.

Hmmm...

As for cannibalism, aye, I'd probably automatically think Germany now ... cos of that nutter a while back.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Hell, your country's biggest musical icon, Elvis Presley, went the same way. Well, sorta...
    Hehehehehehehe..... If Elvis had fused to the toilet.... that might have been ....well....awesome.... hunched over....fused to a toilet.... with a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich hanging out his maw.

Christmas Island
    Two years stuck to the head. How the heck did she keep her legs from numbing up?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Stepping in here...personally, if someone mentioned a 'fat person fused to something' story, I'd automatically think "America"...other stories I'd not be so quick to stereotype, but everytime I hear of some hugely obese person fusing to their sofa (or in this case bog) or having to be carted out of their house - VIA A REMOVED WALL - it's always in America.

This isn't anti-America at all, so don't be twisting my words. I've got no beef with America, or at very least, no more beef than any other country (the whole 'popular to hate America' thing amongst sixth formers in this country just sickens me, it's just lame ... like wannabe goths (like those on South Park )

Anyway...where was I? Erm ... aye, for stories involving grossly obese people, my mind does automatically think of America as that's usually where those stories originate from...not all the time, but the ones I remember do.

Hmmm...

As for cannibalism, aye, I'd probably automatically think Germany now ... cos of that nutter a while back.
    uh-huh, same here, unfortunatley, though caninibalism brings russia to mind for some reason, possibly from that old cold war urban legend.