Thread: Argento's Mother of Tears

Undisclosed

Argento's Mother of Tears

Anyone see Argento's Mother of Tears yet? I don't wish to ruin it for anyone by posting a review.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Anyone see Argento's Mother of Tears yet? I don't wish to ruin it for anyone by posting a review.
    yes i have seen about the first third of it last night. my son got up out of bed and wanted to sit up with me so i had to turn it off. i liked the what i saw of it though.

mother of tears must be the american title for it. the copy i have is in italian with english subs and is called "la terza madre" which means "the third mother."

damn brutal ass murder there at the beginning.
    Last edited by Mike70; 16-Mar-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    mother of tears must be the american title for it. the copy i have is in italian with english subs and is called "la terza madre" which means "the third mother."

damn brutal ass murder there at the beginning.
    Correctamundo. Mother of Tears: The Third Mother is the English title. The film was actually shot in English, and the copy that I have is English language.

The entire film is brutally gory with many shock moments, but there are some negatives, as well. I'll wait until you've seen it before mentioning any specifics. Let's just say that if you like Asia Argento, your review is apt to be more positive. I think she's awful in this movie, and I wish Dario would quit casting his kid. I'm not a huge fan of Suspiria, but this installment needed an actress like Jessica Parker.

The monkey is freakin' great, quite possibly a tip of the hat to George. The more Argento weirdness, the better I always say.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Correctamundo. Mother of Tears: The Third Mother is the English title. The film was actually shot in English, and the copy that I have is English language.
    shot in english? well that makes some sense of the copy i have then. i thought it was just poorly synched.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."