Thread: Bad day!

Administrator

England

Bad day!

Note: (unfortunately) a couple of these clips are somewhat 'horrible'. ie: Broken bones. Apologies for those...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    man, i've seen so many of those clips on programs like america's funniest home videos, but boy, they never get un-funny...i must've laughed aloud at least six times during that clip.

thanks neil, that made my morning!

Super Moderator

UK
    Geez the one with the guy at the petrol station - didn't see that one coming from a million miles away, how random was that?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

the funniest one in my opinion is the bull ripping that guy's pants off. i literally roared with laughter over that.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post

the funniest one in my opinion is the bull ripping that guy's pants off. i literally roared with laughter over that.
    Yeh, especially as he came out intact! Some of the clips in there where people are clearly getting BADLY hurt (again sorry!) I could do without seeing, and IMHO aren't funny!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yeh, especially as he came out intact! Some of the clips in there where people are clearly getting BADLY hurt (again sorry!) I could do without seeing, and IMHO aren't funny!
    intact except for any shred of dignity he had before meeting that bull. can you imagine the crap he took off of his friends for that?? they are probably still ripping him for it.

the only one that really bothered me was the clip of the female reporter sitting on the back of truck. that explosive device goes off right under/behind her and she looks like she got messed up pretty badly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What about that biker that rolled down that steep, cliffy hillside?! I mean, if he got out of there alive, it's a miracle. But other than that, all ace

Super Moderator

Germany
    the only one that really bothered me was the clip of the female reporter sitting on the back of truck. that explosive device goes off right under/behind her and she looks like she got messed up pretty badly.
    Yeah, that was bad. Does anyone know what happened and why?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've actually seen that one on one of those "wildest video" shows and if I remember correctly, she walked away with only some burner hair.

Great video, Neil.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I've actually seen that one on one of those "wildest video" shows and if I remember correctly, she walked away with only some burner hair.
    wow! really? then she is pretty lucky. in that vid snippet she looked like she got hit pretty badly.

most of the people actually injured in the vid were either:

a. trying to show off (the guy jumping his bike off a ramp onto the roof of a bldg)
    b. doing something incredibly stupid (like the guy with the skis coming off the roof)
    c. not paying attention (the guy who clocks himself with the stop sign)

so i am not sure how much sympathy i have for them.

the reporter and the guy who gets taken out by the giant tire at the gas station were just going about their business when chaos descended on them.
    Last edited by Mike70; 21-Apr-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    The woman who got clocked by the explosion/motorbike is Anthea Turner, a UK presenter who used to be on Blue Peter, now does shows about etiquette and housewifery etc.

She's absolutely fine, didn't get that hurt if memory serves, was more just a big bang and a really close call.